Open today: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
The highlight of our stay in Battambang

🇬🇧 We had the best time in Battambang and one of the reason why was because of DJ. We spent one... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jude-nnr
via mobile
Amazing tuk tuk tours

We did the more touristic PM half day tour and a half day local tour with DJ and it was fantastic... read more

Reviewed June 22, 2019
DokterDrekke
Tervuren, Belgium
via mobile

All reviews full day tour great guy tuk tuk special spot bat cave interesting guy bamboo train amazing tour rice paper day trip don t think solo traveller killing caves his english is very good traditional khmer rice wine long trip
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2018

I spent a whole day with DJ on his tuk tuk. It was really great value for money. He takes you around rural Battambang province visiting cottage industries and sampling a lot of local fare like sticky rice, rice puddings, rice wine, rice paper rolls, dried banana rolls and Khmer doughnuts (all included in the price). He kept stopping to buy us water as well which was much appreciated. DJ took us to some temples (Buddhist and Hindu) and one of the Khmer Rouge sites near Battambang - where he explained the Khmer Rouge period from his own family perspective. We went to a Buddhist monastery that is operating and met monks and fed the fish in the beautiful monastery grounds.

For lunch we were taken to the hotel where his lovely wife is a chef and then in the afternoon we went to Phnom Sampeau and saw another very sad Khmer Rouge site as well as an amazing temple and the nightly phenomenon of millions of bats leaving their cave at sunset to feed. It absolutely poured with rain and DJ got us home safely (even stopping to buy us ponchos). I cannot recommend my day with DJ enough. If I go back to Battambang, I might just do it all over again!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Dana_G_NZ
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We spend a whole day with Dj and his Tuk Tuk in and around Battambang. He speaks English very well and has an impressive knowledge about the area. Beside the hotspots in Battambang we‘ve seen places without any tourists around. Really recommend his tour. Just contact him via Facebook or so! It’s worth every single dollar

1  Thank markusp730
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I contacted DJ in the morning, on his Facebook page, in the hopes that he would be able to give me a tour that day. His response time was immediate and even though he was booked for the day he was able to set me up with another guide and driver. He also set me up to go with two other tourists which was perfect for me since I am a solo traveller and was looking to save a bit of money. Our guide and driver was named Sokha and I could not recommend him enough! He was full of information and happily answered all of our questions for us. He was very knowledgeable and even told us stories from his past. I was debating whether to rent a scooter and see the sights on my own or to take a tour and I am so happy with my desision!
Sokha took us to the original bamboo railway and then around the villages to see several goods being made by the locals. My favourite was seeing the rice paper being made... well it was actually eating the delicious spring rolls afterwards! It was a very full and exciting day ending with the best. We went to a special place away from the majority of the tourists to watch the sunset and then to watch millions of bats stream out of the cave. It was absolutely amazing!

1  Thank clairej442017
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Nothing like usual tours at all. DJ took us to a lot of local places and food we weren't expecting. He was super friendly and picked out the most fun things!!! Really recommend DJ if you're staying in Battambang.

1  Thank noortjevwely
Reviewed February 14, 2018

We booked our day tour with DJ through our guesthouse, and it was the best day we had in Battambang by far. DJ is very friendly and spoke great English, which meant we could have really interesting conversations about Cambodia's politics and his family history. It's always great to be able to learn about a country from its locals, and I really appreciated DJ taking the time to chat and share his views with us. He took us to the old bamboo train (which I believed was now closed but there's still one kilometer of it open for tourists!), the Banan temple, the Killing Caves, and to watch the sunset and see the bats come out of Phnom Sampeau from a special spot farther away from most tourists. He also drove us through the outskirts of Battambang through the more rural side of town, which was fantastic because we got a taste of the more "authentic" Cambodia away from the main tourist hubs and got to see how a lot of Cambodians live. He would often stop to let us take pictures and was overall very accomodating and knowledgeable about our options in every place we visited, able to answer all of our questions. The following day, he also drove us to see the Phare Circus and picked us up after the show to take us back to our guesthouse. I honestly can't recommend DJ enough, he's the best tuk tuk driver we've had in Cambodia!

2  Thank cabelara