We stayed at Paramount Inle as there were lots of good reviews, and it seemed good value for money. However, it just didn't live up to expectations on any front.
The hotel is in a nice location, and was probably quite nice when it was first built - however it's very dilapidated now. The rooms are okay - too much wood varnished in too many shades of brown - a little like staying in an old caravan on stilts - with water pressure and electricity supply to match. However, they were cleaned every day, beds were turned down etc - housekeeping was good.
Restaurant was passable, food was okay but very unattractively photographed on the menu!! It wasn't possible to sit outside at night which was a pity - and more could be done to create some atmosphere in the restaurant.
You are a captive audience on the lake, as it isn't easy to just 'pop out', and given that's the case I was shocked that there are no communal areas at all - nowhere to sit out in the sun, no bar. There's a 'sun deck' which has no chairs and was filthy (ruined the blanket I sat on), and there's a tower which looked like a bar in the photo's, but which was just a third floor deck with a few metal and leatherette chairs strewn around - not what I was expecting at all.
The room had a nice balcony looking out over the lake, but having a few beers watching the sun go down would cost a fortune. We took a crate of beer which we bought before arriving, and I'd highly recommend anyone else does the same.
The room was yet another sore point - the staff put us in the wrong one, grudgingly moved us, but then tried to move us again the next day. We had to be pretty firm that it was their mistake, and they needed to find a way to deal with it which didn't include shifting us around every day. The staff tried to be helpful, but I'm not convinced they really understood what was wrong with asking people to move rooms every day.
We had a nice time at Inle, it's beautiful and there are some lovely places to see and eat, but if we went back we wouldn't stay at Paramount Inle again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent property is built on stilts and stands majestically in the heart of Inle Lake. Its architecture stylizes the unique features of the people of Inle (Inthar). Although surrounded by water, there is a green tropical garden and the privacy, tranquility, style and great service lets you savour the unique atmosphere of this magical place. You also can climb the View Tower to appreciate the stunning and dramatic scenery of Inle Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, JovagoAsia, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Paramount Inle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Inle Hotel Taunggyi
- Paramount Inle Resort Myanmar/Taunggyi