“The lady in charge makes this place great”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bago
San Francisco Motel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bago
Prague, Czech Republic
“The lady in charge makes this place great”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night, but really liked the lady who was so helpful and kind. She seems to know everything related to travel in the area. The ensuite rooms are ok, strange setup with lots of lost space, but spacious enough. Shared bathroom rooms look fine. Wifi at reception. No breakfast. On walking distance there's a big market (acroos the footbridge) and a very nice pagoda and monestary-school further down from the market

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkManama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pine Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This super friendly and very cheap ($12 double, $6 single) guesthouse is only a minute walk from the train station. Of course just a small room with shared toilet downstairs, a small window, fan and no breakfast. The very kind owner always happily greeted us gave us all information, maps, and free water refills, plus a few cakes one day. We walked to all the sites (one day walking but more could be seen with a bike which they rent for I think 1$). The rooms were as expected but this was definitely one of the best guesthouses in terms of friendliness. Also the back courtyard is great for hanging clothes to dry or drinking a beer (of course with a glasses kindly offered without asking by the owner's daughter (?). And to us it was very clean.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to Bago for a weekend and stayed here for one night. The room was basic but enough for a short stay. This motel deserves recommendation because of its owner. I love the lady. She speaks great English and is willing to give you any information you need. Give it a try and you will never get disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

One of the best internet connection I have in the whole country. Fast and reliable WiFi, electricity plugs, pretty good room. Only con is the noise from the road. It's all night long, so take ear plugs! Or get a room which doesn't face the road.
But it's best value for the money!!! The owner is super friendly, she even took care of my friend who got sick from food, she prepared him rice & tea, place to sleep, etc.. They also rent bicycles, which I used a lot in Bago. There are about 3-4 restaurants walking distance from the motel.

Room Tip: get a room which is not facing the main road and just in case have some ear plugs with you :)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Netro
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night between Yangon and the Golden Rock. Had a double room as although it was basic, it was clean, had two fans and hot water. The owners are lovely and willing to go out their way to help you. The motel is located on a busy road so be sure to get a room at the back and be careful when crossing the road! There are other backpackers here as well so you can meet up with other backpackers.

All in all great value at $20.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jakeyboygetslost
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived by bus in Bago, the only thing we heard from locals who wanted to set us up in a hotel, was that San Fransisco Motel is no good. But it is. The owner is super friendly, she gave good directions when we hired bikes, let us cook in her kitchen and was always smiling. A good place to come home to after a sweaty day in Bagan. We had a fan room, which was good for us, but it is pretty warm in town.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sanfey85
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed my last night in town here as the guest house where I was wasn't worth the money. $10 single here for pretty quiet room (though I think there were only one or two others staying that night) with non-transparent window, though I don't think it can be opened. Cleanliness was pretty decent and certainly better than other places I've stayed. Can get the wi-fi in the room even though the owner will tell you it's only available downstairs. I think they turn it off at 10:30 though. Soft mattress compared to what you find in Cambodia and Thailand (but I think Myanmar in general uses soft mattresses). The 2 owners are quite friendly and always willing to help or answer questions. I was woken up at 5 something in the morning when the person turned on the hallway light for the day. Clip-clop, shoes or something - really ticked me off. The other thing that really disturbed me was the way the boy is spoken to by one of the sisters. I'm pretty sure he's more slave status than anything. A real shame. Be aware that the only disadvantage to this location is crossing the street, especially at rush hour and at night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo