“Welcome break from Mandalay”
Review of Innwa

Innwa
Book In Advance
More Info
$130.00*
and up
Private Tour: Sagaing and Inwa from Mandalay...
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Amarapura
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was nice to escape the noise and fumes of Mandalay by travelling through the countryside on a horse and cart looking at local life. Theres not alot left of this capital. The teak monastery Bagaya Kyaung has the most amazing timber work and the leaning tower is worth a photo.

All reviews
"rural setting"
"take your time"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place is good for a short visit, but very hot to walk around. I was there in the weekend and it was full of locals. If you visit Bagan before it will not impress you, othervise it is a good spot to explore. Do not take any local school boys with you to show around, as they ask too much money for donation. Have a good time!

1  Thank MSK-RUS
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Sometimes the sightseeing is so fast and furious it's hard to realize when you've seen something you'll never ever forget. Arriving at the Mahagandhayon Monastery just as the thousand or so monks were lining up for lunch was one of those amazing moments. Barefoot, lined up in their deep red robes with alm bowls in hand, the monks waited for the signal to walk. All ages looked straight ahead with their serious faces trying to avoid eye contact as the increasing hoard of camera-toting tourists crowded the sidewalks. And then, the most precious of all came along: the white-robed young initiates. Occasionally a wee monk looked my way. I kept wondering if he liked this daily parade as much as I did. I will surely return on my second trip to Myanmar.

2  Thank Mona2446
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Taungthaman Lake at Amarapura of Myanmar is home to one of Myanmar’s most famous sights, U Bein Bridge. The 1.2km wooden bridge is made of teakwood. It was built in the mid of 19th century & is the longest teak bridge in the world. We went there 2X during our trip, once in the morning & once in the late afternoon to see sunset. Even though it was quite hot, but I like the place very much. I managed to see one of the most beautiful sunsets that I had ever seen in my life.

1  Thank YueLi
See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2012

To get to Inwa you will take a boat for only about 4 minutes or so and reach the other side where you'll be met by a number of horse and carts ready to take you on a tour of the area. From there it only cost me $10 for the time I was there (an hour and a half) and you're for the most part out of the sun although not really able to escape the heat of the day. From there you may visit another teak monastery (like Shwenandaw in Mandalay), the old (and leaning) Nan Myint watch tower, and finally another monastery that's made out of stucco and most unique of it's kind... * unfortunately this was also the ONE place where one can actually use the "Mandalay Archaeological Zone" card that was originally purchased at a palce like Shwenandaw or Atumashi monasteries. Thus, if I had actually remembered this card, I would have been able to enter. Otherwise since I didn't have it, I would have been required to pay another whole $10 US just to see this one site! So I obviously voted against this action and in conclusion, did not get to see this last temple (and whose name I'm not sure of anymore).
Aside from that, it was a nice little stop to visit and see some more sights.
* Also, as others have written on their reviews, there IS actually a restaurant near the beginning of the trail when one is going out on the horse and cart but I didn't notice it until on the way back.
Since I didn't eat there I really can't vouch for how the quality of the food was.
Inwa was a nice place to go though.
* Finally, "Is there a fee for this attraction"? Well, if you include the $10 US horse cart fee then yes there technically is in order to get from one location to the next.

1  Thank Jeff206