“Not Bagan but worth to visit.”
Review of Innwa

Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Amarapura
Moscow,Russia
396 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 504 helpful votes
“Not Bagan but worth to visit.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place is good for a short visit, but very hot to walk around. I was there in the weekend and it was full of locals. If you visit Bagan before it will not impress you, othervise it is a good spot to explore. Do not take any local school boys with you to show around, as they ask too much money for donation. Have a good time!

Visited September 2012

133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Mahagandhayon monastery”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Sometimes the sightseeing is so fast and furious it's hard to realize when you've seen something you'll never ever forget. Arriving at the Mahagandhayon Monastery just as the thousand or so monks were lining up for lunch was one of those amazing moments. Barefoot, lined up in their deep red robes with alm bowls in hand, the monks waited for the signal to walk. All ages looked straight ahead with their serious faces trying to avoid eye contact as the increasing hoard of camera-toting tourists crowded the sidewalks. And then, the most precious of all came along: the white-robed young initiates. Occasionally a wee monk looked my way. I kept wondering if he liked this daily parade as much as I did. I will surely return on my second trip to Myanmar.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Mona2446
Penang Island, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amarapura, Myanmar - Taungthaman Lake & U Bein Bridge”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Taungthaman Lake at Amarapura of Myanmar is home to one of Myanmar’s most famous sights, U Bein Bridge. The 1.2km wooden bridge is made of teakwood. It was built in the mid of 19th century & is the longest teak bridge in the world. We went there 2X during our trip, once in the morning & once in the late afternoon to see sunset. Even though it was quite hot, but I like the place very much. I managed to see one of the most beautiful sunsets that I had ever seen in my life.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank YueLi
Samut Prakan, Thailand
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“A nice change up in the tour”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

To get to Inwa you will take a boat for only about 4 minutes or so and reach the other side where you'll be met by a number of horse and carts ready to take you on a tour of the area. From there it only cost me $10 for the time I was there (an hour and a half) and you're for the most part out of the sun although not really able to escape the heat of the day. From there you may visit another teak monastery (like Shwenandaw in Mandalay), the old (and leaning) Nan Myint watch tower, and finally another monastery that's made out of stucco and most unique of it's kind... * unfortunately this was also the ONE place where one can actually use the "Mandalay Archaeological Zone" card that was originally purchased at a palce like Shwenandaw or Atumashi monasteries. Thus, if I had actually remembered this card, I would have been able to enter. Otherwise since I didn't have it, I would have been required to pay another whole $10 US just to see this one site! So I obviously voted against this action and in conclusion, did not get to see this last temple (and whose name I'm not sure of anymore).
Aside from that, it was a nice little stop to visit and see some more sights.
* Also, as others have written on their reviews, there IS actually a restaurant near the beginning of the trail when one is going out on the horse and cart but I didn't notice it until on the way back.
Since I didn't eat there I really can't vouch for how the quality of the food was.
Inwa was a nice place to go though.
* Finally, "Is there a fee for this attraction"? Well, if you include the $10 US horse cart fee then yes there technically is in order to get from one location to the next.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jeff206
Dresden, Germany
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A beautiful temple”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The temple of Innwa is more like a ruin but still well-preserved. I went there with my tour guide on horse cart. There’s a lot of things to see here, the building structure, the statues, the carvings and patterns are very beautiful. It’s hard to say if the restaurant is a restaurant because it’s more like a tent, a booth built up by the local and serves great local dishes. It was very hot when I came but the trip was really worth it.

Visited November 2011