See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Cold water on the pipes, dirty and terrible breakfast. The only good thing for this hotel is their location, but I would rather sleep 30km away and pay for a taxi rather than stay in this hotel again.

Room tip: chose another hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Antonia P, Director of Sales at Interhotel Veliko Turnovo, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear VentsiG,

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been very pleasant, but I can assure you that our management has improved considerably in the past month and that mistakes such as having no hot water or a cold breakfast will not happen again.
I would like to personally thank you for your review as it helps us improve our services and find our faults so that we can take appropriate action.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Very poor from the moment of arrival, being told off by car park security for trying to find a space inside the car park. The receptionist was indifferent to the point of being rude and just pushed the key over the desk without telling us the room number or any other information. When we couldn’t find the room and had to ask again, we were begrudgingly given very basic directions... The room was poor with barely working air con, poorly fitted carpet, a shower that flooded the room and very tired decor. Breakfast was the worst I’ve had at any hotel: huge tables that seated 20 each meant no comfort or privacy; all the cooked food was stone cold and greasy; all the meat and cheese was very cheap and old -curled at the edges; fruit juices unpalatable. I could go on, but will finish with the fact that I went for a wander down the outside steps to the Yantra River and found a broken pipe with raw sewage running into the river....absolutely appalling.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This hotel does not deserve even one star! Dirty and dirty again, missing light switch cover, faucet almost fell off when you try to use it, you can't use the shower simply because you are missing the handle. The balcony had so many mouse droppings I was expecting to see mice army coming into the room. Loud until the early morning from the bar below. We couldn't wait to leave in the morning, didn't even try to eat breakfast there, it was that disgusting. Only stayed there because we had to change the day of our stay and our other hotel was full. Don't stay there!

Room tip: Do not choose any rooms in this hotel, find another one!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Emilia_123_1,

Thank you very much for your stay!

For us every guest opinion counts, so we would like to thank you for your comment.

As for our services, I can guarantee you that they have greatly improved thanks to feedback like yours, as we give attention to every detail and do our best to ensure that mistakes will not happen again.

We would like to invite you to visit us again in the future so you can see the difference and experience a totally different stay.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This is the worst hotel in the world!!!We had to stay two nights but it was impossible to stay even one minute in that hotel!We asked if we leave the hotel will they bring us the money back because they wanted to pay before check in!So they said yes no problem we wil bring you the money!But they lied!!!
Don’t pay before check out!!!!!
We still don’t have the money back!!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank magdalenamT812FO

Dear Magdalena M,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the hotel, but please know that if your reservation was made through another platform (such as booking.com) then we cannot give you your money back and you need to discuss the problem with them. Furthermore, according to our cancellation policy, the hotel has the right to contain the money as a penalty if the client decides to cancel their reservation in the last minute (which applies to many other hotels as well). I hope you will show understanding as to why your money was not given back.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Ok so I’ve been to a lot of hotels but this one will remain in my memory for the wrong reasons. I only booked it at short notice because it was the only hotel with two rooms. The building from outside is a depressing concrete jungle, inside is worse. Vast empty deteriorating halls. It’s like a ghost hotel except for some noisy school children in the morning. There were so many bad things I noticed, too many to mention. Here are the most memorable ones; 1. The sheets had a hole in. 2. Toilet was leaking water onto floor into drain, I told reception and they just told me to put a towel on the floor, 3. Half the rooms were with doors open, with dirty sheets not changed for two days. 4. Some kids from the first day dropped crisps and crumbs on the main stairs, this was still there 3 days later, 5 the bathroom window had clear glass and no curtain so if someone was looking through the window in next room they can see me, 6. There was very loud music on the first night until 11pm, 7. I could feel and see through out hallways on my floor dips and big bumps where concrete was failing 8. The lift had old Russian letters on the buttons and went from 0-3 with 1&2 missing. 9. Breakfast was terrible and ghostly in a large empty hall. There were so many things breaking or falling apart. See photos

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Nickthegreak

Dear Nickthegreak,

Thank you so much for your comment! We are happy to tell you that our general management has taken action to improve our services and facillities. We will do our best to take measures against things that bothered you such as removing all the concrete, fixing any water leaks, telling all the children to be quiet and making our large empty halls smaller. We also have a new housekeeping and promise that any and all problems regarding cleanliness and comfort have been resolved. We have also begun a renovation of the hotel's interior and promise that if you visit us again, you will not be disappointed.
Thank you once again for your thorough review.