“First visit to Bulgaria”

Yoga Dharma - Day Class
More attraction details
Owner description: The centre is 25 Km from Veliko Tarnovo and overlooks the spa resort of Vonehta Voda. We are in the hamlet of Gartsite which is high up with views across the mountains and valleys.The centre is a restored farm house retaining all its original features with stone walls and wooden beams. In the garden the barn is now our yoga studio with two guest rooms, there is a pool and the garden and orchard are south facing and catch the sun throughout the day. In the main house there a further three guest rooms with en suite accommodation, and there is a cellar and sun room for guest use. The location is of outstanding beauty and peacefulness with walks and views all around. It takes about 15 minutes to walk in the village where there is the spa resort Dimina complex which offer mineral water baths and many treatments including massage. There are several hotels and cafes and prices are incredibly low, a lunch and drink can cost as little as £2. As well as offering yoga holidays and retreats we run bespoke yoga teacher training courses and we are accredited by Yoga Alliance. The courses are kept to small groups of about 8 people so lots of one to one advise and feedback.
Shoeburyness, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“First visit to Bulgaria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had a great week away and the welcome was fantastic. Lots of opportunities to do Yoga, trips out to local attractions including walks and visits. The retreat is in a wonderful location and so onderful to view the stars at night and enjoy the local widlife. Fran and Martin are great hosts and it is a great place to relax and get some 'me time'.

Visited August 2012

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lovely place, great yoga.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our first yoga retreat and an absolute joy. Opportunities to push the yoga boundaries or chill if you want. Fantastic veggie food, accommodating hosts, great value for money. Go if you can!

Visited June 2012
Rochford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic location, great healthy food and Yoga Yoga and more Yoga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

If you are into Yoga (Astanga), healthy food and healthy mountain air...then this is ideal. The location is in a tiny hamlet in the Bulgarian mountains and fabulous walks and scenery. Up early every day for yoga, and the teachers Martin and Fran are excellent (hard task masters but that is what we were there for). All meals are prepared for us and are all healthy and delicious, and put together by Martin...who is also a trained chef.
There are activitites we could go on..day trips to waterfalls and local historic towns, but I myself prefered to lounge around the pool...yes there is a pool...which in the Bulgarian high summer temperatures is a welcome relief.
Yoga again before our evening meal....followed by some outdoor lounging and chatting with the fellow guests. Early to bed exhausted after all the yoga and flopping by the pool. Highly recommended

Visited August 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Inspiring. Fun packed. Relaxing. Amazing environment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have visited Bulgaria twice now with Yoga Dharma - The country is beautiful and relaxing, with plenty to do. Martin and Fran (of Yoga Dharma) have excellent knowledge of the local sights. One of the perks of staying at the centre is the delicious food, cooked by Martin, who is trained as a professional chef as well as a Yoga teacher!
Yoga classes are ran daily, as well as meditation, and my time here allowed me to deepen my practice in a safe, calm environment. There is a real community spirit, and the chance to chat in to the evening, or use the time to rest and escape from the pressures of a usual working week.
I will most certainly be visiting the centre again in the future.
Claire, London

Visited August 2011
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Yoga Retreat - Bulgaria - Love your life, live this for 1 week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I never wright reviews for things but thought about this holiday as I Do every so often just the other day, it had a big impact on me so thought I would make my thoughts available to anyone interested in the place.
It's a great mountain yoga retreat where I could let myself go, learnt from great teachers and made great friends. This was an excellent holiday as well as everything I wanted from a retreat.
The days consisted of 2-3 hours practice in the mornings and the evenings with thought out variety. Excellent attention was given personally to help me improve my practice and the classes were fun.
Optional inclusive trips were organised everyday to nearby villages, the 'stinky water' spa which has great health benefits and you can drink the water if you dare, we visited the local launderette which must be seen to believe. Local waterfalls and walks in the countryside added to the whole experience.
Rock climbing and paragliding can be done with an enthusiastic Irish instructor.
I cannot tell you about all of this and not mention the explicit food, it was out of this world, all vegetarian and full of flavor. I was a meat eater before going and had been contemplating going vegetarian for a while before my visit but never expected i would go through with it. But here I am 5 months later and still a vegetarian since the day I arrived in Bulgaria for this retreat.

All in all you can do as much or as little as you like, you get a holiday and yoga retreat in one and get the chance to improve your yoga practice massively in a short space of time. Definitely check this place out!

Visited April 2011