“Very good”

Hadji Nikoli Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Eastern European, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Hadji Nikoli Inn in Veliko Tarnovo is one of the most valuable specimen of the late Renaissance architecture in Bulgaria. It was built in 1858 and is declared a national antique and cultural monument of national significance. Following a long restoration the Hadji Nikoli Inn now comprises of a restaurant with differently decorated lounges, a beautiful garden, wine-bar with a shop, museum and Art gallery.
Central Romania, Romania
“Very good”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and very good food. Weiters are well manered, food is served well and in time, very well prepared. Prices are affordable, lunch for 3 persons was 50 leva, aproximate 25 euro.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hadj Nikoli a must”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A beautiful atmospheric setting with old classic decor. As a vegetarian the menu was extensive and the chef was able to cater for my particular demands. I ate there on 3 occasions with the food being of excellent quality. The service was also outstanding. To top it all off, the food was excellent value for money. Definitely going again on my next visit..

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank steve h
Tabuk
“Beautiful ambiance, excellent service, delicious food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

There are quite a few things I really liked about the Hadji, so, in no particular order - the building - a fabulous piece of history - a very nicely restored old Inn in the old part of town. Lovely courtyard for the sunny weather and a fabulous cosy interior for those who want to sit inside. Before or after the meal one can spend time in the museum or art gallery - both worth a visit to see either (at the time) Thracian and Egyptian pieces and local Bulgarian art.

The service in the restaurant is wonderful - a long time since we had any white glove service - and great to experience again! The waiters were well versed in dealing with customers politely and they gave a high level of classic service.

The chef, on finding out I was vegan made a special effort to make me vegan meals, which were both pleasantly unexpected and very tasty. None of the food was expensive, surprising for such a high class establishment.

We stayed in the associated guest house (also very comfortable and convenient ) and so also went for coffee every morning before starting our business, so the restaurant fed us every morning and evening for 5 days and we didn't feel the desire to look elsewhere!

Super place, will definitely go again when we are there.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank butrusgali
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Local Meal”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a lovely meal in this atmospehric restaurant which was recommended by our guide.

We had a nice bottle of Bulgarian red wine which was well served (decanted etc.). I had the local speciality of lamb cooked Bulgarian style and another of our party had a steak. All the food was fresh and well prepared.

The service was attentive and I agree with other reviewers that it was particularly well mannered.

I had some delicious baklava for dessert.

I would recommend this for what I understand is an authentic Bulgarian meal. I agree that if you want a good view, this is not the place to go as it is more like eating in a light wine cellar.

• Visited April 2014
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Fine dishes, good service and attention to details. A bit cold inside in the rooms close to the street. They forgot about the soup ordered and the duck served was not as warm as it should be. However, a good one. We would go again.