“Hotel Vogo 4****”

Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Nessebar
stratford upon avon
“Hotel Vogo 4****”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hotel Vigo is very nice and clean hotel.The hotel is near the sandy beach with the possibility of buying sunbeds with parasols 4 euro.On the other side of hotel is a beautiful old part of town where are many souvenirs and enjoy local specialties

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Although i stayed at VIGO Hotel only 3 days, i can say i had an amazing holiday! The food was excellent, the staff was nice (even though it did not know very well english-that was a minus) and the service was good! I enjoyed the time spent at the pool which was clean and comfortable, i adored the bar next to the pool and the double chaise longue. Another plus for this hotel is its position (it is very close to the Old City Of Nessebar - almost 15 min walking) and its facilities (club, spa etc). I loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Deliarux
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stay away. Dirty and bad service.
Staff not helpfull, understaffed.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Robert S

Travelers are raving about these Nessebar hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We got a room for smokers and they refused to switch our room. The pools sucked. The pool bar was never open. The electricity were out for about 1 day...the list goes on and on. The food wasnt very good, the service overall was very very poor. The only positive thing was the black sea.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kolabjorn
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We have never been to Bulgaria before. When we chose Vigo Hotel we hoped to spend two unforgettable weeks near the seaside and enjoyed a calm and peaceful vacation over there. Indeed, this vacation has become unforgettable. We have never felt such a bad treatment before. Before we arrived, I had sent couple of requests where I had indicated that we have a 3-year child and we wanted to have a quiet calm room. I did not receive any reply from the hotel. It was a first alarm bell. However, I did not pay attention to this and it was a huge mistake. When we arrived, they gave us a room that faced directly to the car parking and the dance club. First night our kid could not fall asleep until 4 a.m. because of loud noise outside despite the closed balcony and long trip. When I complained at the reception and asked them to do something with that they refused to do anything. Next morning I met with a manager, Emilia, and the representative of the domestic travel agency Alma Tour that had sold us the tour. We were offered to pay extra 20 euros a day for a studio. I refused to do this and asked to give us any standard room on a quiet side of the hotel as soon as it would be available. No results. After a long and painstaking negotiations, the manager gave us the room on a second floor which was just around the corner of the dance club. We hoped that it would be quieter then the first one. But it was not a case. The poor sound isolation in the hotel made our life even worse. We could hear the music as if the disco club was in the next room. In addition to this, the air conditioner worked from time to time (it worked about half an hour and then automatically switched off for two three hours). The manager avoided to see me and the reception was totally unhelpful. Everyday they promised to repair the air conditioner but did not do it. They grinned every time when I left written complaints to the manager's attention. I submitted a complaint to the domestic Society of the consumer rights protection. I did not want to be engaged in the litigation over there. I tried to find the contacts of the owners of this hotel in order to draw their attention to unprofessional management of their investment but both the manager and the stuff refused to give it me. When we return home I will consult with a lawyer what could be done in order to compensate our lost money and time. I would also like to mention that the food in the restaurant is chip and wash as well as drinks. We also had to pay 10 euros extra for the mini bar as we had to keep the milk for our baby despite the fact that the Vigo website said that it was free of charge. When I talked to the other travelers who stayed in this hotel, they were also dissatisfied with the service and the awful treatment. I am sorry for taking to much of a reader's attention but I hope that this review will help other people to save their money and vacation (which is more important than money). Thus, I do not recommend to anybody to stay in Vigo hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank luckydolphin
Rhyl
Reviewed March 22, 2011

this hotel is superb in every way,the staff in Particular on reception you will find Marinela(Nelly) to whom nothing was too much trouble.best recetionist we have ever come accross!!and we have been all over the world.her assistant who covered for her I believe was new to the job but also very nice.it was out of season and quiet,value for money was unbeatable as always everything in Bulgaria is dirt cheap compared to the rest of Europe.and superb quality.breakfasr was varied but not "English Beakfast)the indoor pool had a built in Jacuzzi and was free,absolutely great,unfortunately by the end of the week the water was quite cool,but there were very few staying there at the time so I suppose???All in all We thought it was GREAT!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I have just come back from my vaccation in Nessebar and Hotel Vigo. I was traveling with two friends and we stayed in one bedroom. One of us had to sleep on the bed-couch which appared to be hard and not comfortable. The room was poorly cleaned and towls changed only a few times. The breakfast was not good, too gresy and watery. Now to the good things: The hotel is close to the beach and the water is clean and warm. You can pay 7 to 10 leva for a parasoll and chair.
The hotels pools, the balcony, they view and the spa center was outstanding. If I would recommend one thing, check out the spa and the massages. The staff are not good at English but the can their profession. I took aromatherapy/relaxin and french manakyr and it was so cheap.

I would recommend the hotel for persons(group of friends) that like to stay in a nice hotel, but to a low a cost and poor breafast

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends