Sol Marina Palace
$55
$49
$43
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

Elizabeth Dy(Nessebar)
$63
$66
$75
$73
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

All reviewssky barrooftop poolinclusive barold townall inclusive optionsunny beachsun deckbed and breakfast basisall inclusive guestsoverlooking the seatop floorcouple of nightspool was coldthe rooms were cleaned dailybulgarian nightmodern hotelkept spotlessly clean
Reviewed August 5, 2015 via mobile

Stayed between 27th July - 3rd August 2015.
Hotel rooms were excellent, cleaned daily and modern decor(apart from bright bedspread). Our room had two single beds, which can be pushed together easily, a wardrobe with plenty of shelves and hangers. There were two mirrors in the room including a full length one. A sofa and stool. We had a narrow but sufficient balcony with two chairs and a table with views of old Nessebar and the sea. The bathroom was also very good with a modern shower, hairdryer and everything immaculately clean.
We stayed all inclusive. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served buffet style so there's something for everyone. The quality of food is good, however some cuts of meat weren't the best.
The all inclusive bar is, as other reviewers commented, dark and not very welcoming, however there is a shaded outside area which is pleasant. Aside from drinks, which are very generous measures, you can also help yourself to snacks outside of mealtimes, the popcorn proved to be very popular.
The pool area is good, it is on the roof with sun beds around and also a sun terrace, up there you can help yourself to tea, coffee, juice, water and beer. The only criticism of this area is the occasional lack of shaded areas depending on the time of day.
They also have a spa which we did not go to, my boyfriend went to the gym, which you need to request a key for at reception (free of charge), he said the gym was very basic and wasn't worth going to again.
The skybar on the roof terrace was particularly lovely, drinks are fairly cheap (as is the case all round the resort) and it had fantastic views of the old town.
Overall a very pleasant hotel which we would insider again.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bloopf
SolMarinaPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Marina Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2015

Dear bloopf,

Thank you for posting review on Tripadvisor.
We are all happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
I have noted the down sides that you pointed out in the review and we will work on improving them.
It will be a pleasure for us if you choose to come again so that we can provide an even a better experience for you.

Reviewed August 3, 2015

This is a lovely hotel. It was full when we stayed 23-30 July. The staff are friendly and did their best to move us to a room with a full sea view although by day 4 we'd decided we could live with our partial sea view as it was too hot to sit out anyway and we'd unpacked so couldn't face packing to move.

Rooms were cleaned every day and really thoroughly plus bedding changed midway through the week. The aircon was poor - it seems to be a centralised system rather than an individual unit in the room and I'm not sure if it was faulty or just couldn't cope with the extreme temperatures.

We only visited the skybar and not the others because after going up there the others couldn't compare. It is a beautiful, relaxing, chillout place with lovely staff. It is NOT expensive as some reviews have said. Expensive is all relative. Yes it's not as cheap as some other places in Nessebar but it is cheaper than the cheapest place you could find in the UK (£2.60 for a litre of beer + a large glass of wine). We felt it was well worth paying the prices up there and it was our favourite place to end the day (also to watch the sunset).

We went B&B but chose to pay to go to the Bulgarian evening (well worth £9 each for unlimited food and drinks and the entertainment) and the seafood evening (£7.50 each but not quite the variety of seafood we'd have liked to see - nothing wrong with it though). Unlike some other hotels we've stayed in they let you use all the drinks machines at dinner so you can still get fruit juices and coffee. Breakfast is very good - just what you'd expect in any European/International hotel. Good choice of cold and hot foods. Tip: If you don't like your coffee at all sweet I'd avoid the latte and the hot milk from the machine and top up your coffee with milk from the jugs near the cereal or the tea. I felt that the milk in the machine tasted sweet.

Free WiFi in the lobby so I wouldn't bother paying for it - once you've logged on your e-mails will download even if you're just walking through and you can always sit there for few minutes for anything more.

The location is superb. Just the perfect place for either the new or old towns.

We'd definitely come back here.

Room Tip: Side sea view on the south overlook another building. Only the front are true sea views.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dibs66

Dear Dibs66,

Thank you for spending time to post this wonderful review on tripadvisor.
I will make shure to extend your gratitude to the housekeeping and Sky-bar staff.
Keeping our guest satisfied and helping them relax and have an unforgettable vacation has always been out top priority.
We will be very happy if you decide to visit us again, so that we can provide you with another relaxing and carefree holiday.

Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

Upon arrival the hotel was extremely clean, efficient, great amenities and overall very satisfactory. Came on an all inc deal which includes excellent food and drink. Free wifi in the rooms was advertised but not actually true but that wasn't a huge issue.

Day two of my holiday, my friend and I decided a massage would be nice and I was the first to go in.

I got given a discount on a whole body massage and everything appeared really good and professional until the end of the massage where the man deemed it appropriate to sexually assault me. This involves touching me inappropriately and forcing my hand onto his 'manhood'. After I refused and resisted he said word for word 'what's the matter - I can use a condom '. I got out as fast as I could and instantly complained to which I received a refund for the massage and was faced with the masseuse who lied about the events. I was hoping that the hotel manager would be more willing to resolve the issue yet she was rude, laughing and smirking, and didn't care about the danger of this man.
The following day I was further disgusted by the fact he was still working in the hotel thinking he had gotten away with it.

I am so disappointed that the hotel manager failed to resolve or at least try and compensate for this ordeal but she neither tried nor cared.
I will not return here and I'm only continuing my stay on the promise of his suspension. Nobody should have to feel vulnerable, violated or simply taken advantage of.

Don't get a massage here, or better yet don't stay here at all. It is unclear how many times this could have happened without people being brave enough to speak out. Or who he would target next. Not a safe environment for those staying here especially young women and the children residing here too.

Not at all satisfied with how this has been handled, and if you consider the extremity of what could have happened, I could have been raped.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
5  Thank KatieJB94
SolMarinaPalace, General Manager at Sol Marina Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2015

Dear Katie,

The Spa therapist has been working for 5 years in the hotel and has many positive reviews for his work. He absolutely denied that the situation you described had happend! But we gave you back the money for the massage!
We really can not prove if the things you describe are true but we took your complaint very seriously and we have made the decision to send the Spa therapists away.
So as the guests’ safety and security is at a first place thus we have reached to the conclusion to send away the Spa therapist. There are cameras everywhere in the hotel, the hotel reception is working 24 hours so all the guests should feel secure and safe!
Nevertheless he worked for 5 years, had many good reviews and never had a complaint like this, we took this decision very fast ! So thus we hoped is the best compensation for you if what you described is true!
We are so sorry for the inconvenience that we may have caused you. We respect what you told us and react as soon as possible!

Reviewed July 3, 2015

Just got back from a week at the Marina Plaza and have very mixed feelings about the place. First of all, the cleaning was practically nonexistent. Not once in a week was our room vacuumed/swept or our bathroom cleaned, apart from fresh towels. The carpet in the hallways had what looked like weeks of dust and dirt on them.
The restaurant was nice and clean, and so was the lounge, but nobody seemed to care about the dirt and dust everywhere else.
Stayed B&B and the breakfast was good, plenty to choose from, both hot and cold. Just stay away from the so called juice!
Apart from the negatives there were good points too. Stunning views from the rooftop pool and bar area, short walk to Old Nessebar and also to restaurants and the beach in the New Town. Staff were nice and helpful.
Would I stay here again? Not unless they get new cleaning staff - or properly train the ones they have!

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
4  Thank labyrinthguide
SolMarinaPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Marina Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2015

Dear labyrinthguide,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay at Sol Marina Palace.
We are very sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations to the fullest.
We have always had good reviews about the cleanliness and we are paying special attention regagding your review.
We would also like to thank about the nice comments you wrote about the hotel location and the staff.
If you find the time to visit us again I am shure that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 16, 2015

We stayed from June 4th. To the 14th. 2015. The hotel is just as it shows on the website and we were impressed. Very clean. We stayed bed & breakfast as there are lots of good restaurants in the old and new town all within walking distance. If anything the publicity is under rated. We watched the Dolphins in the sea from the pool view and our balcony. The only room for improvement is the " Irish bar" situated off the lobby. Poorly stocked, in need of a refurb and an injection of atmosphere. We will be going again next year!!!!!

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
5  Thank Julie B
SolMarinaPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Marina Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2015

Dear Julie B,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.
We are all happy to know that you were satisfied with the view and the cleanliness of the hotel.
As for the irish pub, we already made some improvements and we are planning more.
It will be a pleasure to have you as a guest again next year.