Hotel Evridika(Nessebar)
$55
$49
$43
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

Elizabeth Dy(Nessebar)
$63
$66
$75
$73
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

All reviewssky barrooftop poolinclusive barold townall inclusive optionsunny beachsun deckbed and breakfast basisall inclusive guestsoverlooking the seatop floorcouple of nightspool was coldthe rooms were cleaned dailybulgarian nightmodern hotelkept spotlessly clean
Reviewed September 28, 2014

Stayed at the Marina Palace from 15th to the 28th September 2014. First impressions of the hotel are very good. An impressive setting with the glass elevators in the foyer and nice clean surroundings. The hotel receptionists are all helpful and speak good english. The rooms are clean and as it is a 4 star hotel the rooms are cleaned every day and fresh towels are put into the room. All the rooms have air conditioning and free wi-fi is available in the foyer. The food in the hotel is edible but nothing startling and is served cooler than I liked but a microwave is available in the dining room to heat food if required. There are several bars in the hotels where you pay for drinks, the Sky Bar which is on the roof of the hotel and the Cocktail Bar which is on the ground floor. Compared to the UK the drink prices are reasonable.

For all inclusive guests there is the "Irish Bar" where you can get hot, cold, soft and alcoholic drinks. The bad points are that there is no entertainment in the hotel and all the music played is modern and heavy on the bass. The staff in the "Irish Bar" do not interface with the customers and there is absolutely no atmosphere in the bar.

Would I stay in the hotel again, YES without a doubt. The location is ideal and just a short walk from Old Nessebar and if you want to see Sunny Beach you can get a bus from Old Nessebar for a small amount (1.30Lev) and can visit other towns around the area.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RobertSweeney
SolMarinaPalace, General Manager at Sol Marina Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Dear RobertSweeney,

Thank you very much for your feedback, sharing your impressions of our hotel, service and staff.
I am happy that you found our location ideal as well as our staff friendly and helpful.
It is also great to hear that you will visit us again!

We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you again next summer

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at approximately 1 a.m. and was greeted in a very welcoming manner. I was given information about the all inclusive arrangements and was told that as I'd missed dinner there was something to eat and drink available in the Irish bar. My cases were taken to my room for me and I then went back downstairs for my snack and drink.

My room was large, modern and clean with a good bathroom. The wardrobe space was okay for one person but not really large enough for two. There was an open space with a shelf next to the wardrobe, I would think it would be quite simple to add a door and a hanging rail to double the wardrobe space. There was a view of the sea from the balcony but my room faced the adjacent apartment block. This wasn't really a problem as most of the apartments were unoccupied at that time but I wouldn't particularly want that view if there were lots of people sitting on the balconies opposite. My balcony was rather narrow and the drying rack was small. The charge for a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the sea was 10 Lev per night (about £4). As I was there for two weeks this would have been quite expensive for a room I wasn't spending any length of time in so I stuck with the room I'd been allocated.

The dining room was light and spacious, at lunch and dinner you could collect your drinks from the bar on the way in. In my opinion the food was very tasty and there was a good variety. Fresh oranges and grapefruit were provided at breakfast but unfortunately this was soon gone so if you were a little late there was none left. There was a good selection of eggs, baked beans, cereals, yogurt etc., along with some things that we in Britain don't eat for breakfast but no doubt they do in other countries. At lunch and dinner there was a good selection of dishes including fish, chicken, lamb, vegetables and salads as well as some typical Bulgarian dishes. There was an Italian night and a seafood night and on one night a week we were entertained by some Bulgarian folk dancers.

I was nervous about visiting the rooftop swimming pool as I have a fear of heights but the sun terraces had a wall around them so I was fine. The views across to old Nessebar were terrific. The drinks arrangements were adequate for the location

There were three bars on the hotel premises – the Skyline rooftop bar was lovely, very pleasantly furnished inside and out, a nice ambience and great cocktails and other drinks at very reasonable prices (not included in the all inclusive option). The day bar was on the ground floor at the front of the hotel, this was rented from the hotel and was not included in the all inclusive option. It looked quite pleasant although I never visited it but it was popular with the men who wanted to watch the football. The third bar was the Irish Pub, this was the only was that was part of the all inclusive and I have to say it was rather awful. It has been styled in what the hotel management see as that of an Irish Pub – unfortunately the result is dark and rather depressing and without any Irish people it has no atmosphere. It is only open to all inclusive guests, the cocktails were not made with fresh fruit juices and they did not serve white rum at all. However, the drinks were not the main problem, it was the gloomy surroundings and the lack of any ambience. I had travelled with Travel One and there was a big group of us in the second week – unfortunately we could not all sit together in the bar as there were fixed bench seats. The outside area of the bar was equally depressing. This bar could be hugely improved by ditching the Irish theme along with the furniture, painting it in light colours and putting in white or light coloured furnishings. It would be further improved by making the windows in the middle into doors that open onto the terrace area and adding tubs of bright plants and flowers. It would be really good if there was live music that people could dance to.

The terrace next to the dining room is a very pleasant area and would make an ideal evening bar area for the fine weather, the room where the bar is and the room opposite could be used if the weather is not so good.

This is a lovely hotel in a great location, it is certainly of a much higher calibre than a Travelodge but is marred by the problems with the Irish Pub. The management really needs to give this some attention, particularly as it has been mentioned by several reviewers. A pleasant bar to visit in the evenings with a little music and entertainment would make the hotel perfect.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Lookingforsunandfun

Dear Lookingforsunandfun,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us via Tripadvisor.
We are happy you have found our rooms large, modern and clean and our reception staff friendly.
It is good to hear that you had found the food in our restaurant tasty and of a good variety.
On the other hand I am deeply sorry that we did not live up to your expectations regarding the Irish Pub. We will take in consideration the reviews of our guests and will try to improve the atmosphere in the Pub bar!

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Sol Marina Palace

Best regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2014

The room we got was on the top floor and it was big, had a terrace and a perfect view to Old Nessebar! It was equipped with A/C of course. All hotel looks perfect, fancy shape of building, and swimming pool on the roof - just sounds fabulous! 
Place is really good, not far from Old Nessebar, just on the hill by the sea. You just have to walk a little bit if you want to get to the beach, because shore near the hotel is stony.

Dinner on the first evening was really poor, and I was afraid, that we will have problems with meals on our vacation, but nothing more like that happened on our stay. Every next day meals were perfect, there were always something to choose. Hotel offered special themes 3 times a week: Marine evening with plenty of sea food, traditional Bulgarian evening and Italian evening.

Housekeeping was not the strongest side of this hotel. Only towels were changed and beds were made. Other works like sweeping, cleaning – sometimes, somedays. A bad smell sometimes were felt in WC due to some plumbing issues.

There were no animation during our stay, maybe because of an end of the season (2013 09), but despite that fact everything was ok. I don’t need animation, so it’s not a big deal. I’m not sure if this hotel provides animation at all, but all the staff was really friendly, communicative and helpful.

Those who do not want to go to the beach, can use a swimming pool on the roof. It’s just not very big and water was a bit cold, but probably because of an end of the season. Plenty of sunbeds are placed on the roof near the swimming pool and you can relax there.

Hotel offers a small Gym, massages, table tennis as well and has fabulous SKY-BAR on the roof, big panoramic elevators provide perfect views.

Despite all those pros and cons, I spent perfect holidays here and I would be glad to come back here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramiakaz

Dear Ramiakaz,

Your feedback is very important for us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it via Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you have spent a perfect holiday!
We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the cleaning!
Sol Marina Palace is adults oriented hotel and we do not offer animation.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you back very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from our second visit to this hotel and we loved it. We stayed B&B, so many bars and restaurants that are cheap and serve great food that we wouldn't stay all inclusive. Had breakfast outside on the terrace in the sunshine...lovely. The hotel is in a perfect location, 5 minute walk from the old town, new town- where we spent most of our time- and the beach. There is a regular bus service to sunny beach. The staff are friendly and helpful and Radka the chambermaid was lovely. The hotel is nice, room was spacious with an amazing view, was cleaned and towels and beds changed daily. There isn't a kettle in the room, so we take one with us. We had a great time, though the roof terrace could do with a bit of TLC, but apart from that we loved our time there and will be back next year as it's the most relaxing, stress free holiday we've had. I'd recommend White Rose restaurant in the new town, you may have to wait for a table, but it's well worth it, also Kris's Cafe bar, great service and the terrace is great for relaxing.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chel K
SolMarinaPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Marina Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2014

Dear Chel K,

We are all delighted to hear that you have fully enjoyed your second stay at our establishment. Your words are an incentive to us in our daily efforts for improving Quality and Service. We also have put into account your comments, as our clients opinion are of the most importance to us. Be assured that we are continually working on modernization and looking for ways to ensure that you feel comfortable and at home here.

We are happy to know that you will be visiting us again.
Thank you!

Zlatimir Krastev

Reviewed August 29, 2014

After reading all the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and looking at the Sol Marina website I was expecting a 4* hotel, food and service.
The sun terraces were round the noisy air conditioning unit, there were broken sun beds and tables, no ashtrays (so used a plastic cup of water instead). The wooden floor tiles were loose or missing or broken. The free drinks bar was fine but only plastic cups were available for hot tea and coffee.
The pool area was fine, the sky bar was lovely but only some of the staff were friendly and it was literally all lights out at closing time.
The room - 401 had a fantastic view, was clean and the room staff were really good, could have done with another wardrobe. The balcony door/ window was not square but the curtains were so they did not cover all the glass, had to keep the air conditioning on all night which was noisy.
The lifts were impressive but the doors could do serious damage if you tried to stop them closing.
Reception staff were very helpful and polite.
The Irish Bar was awful, dark and gloomy not at all inviting empty shelves - all drinks were served from under the counter, credit to the staff who tried their best. The small amount of all inclusive food available all day was really disappointing, unappetizing and the cold choices were left uncovered.
There was a good choice of food for breakfast, lunch and evening meal, but fresh fruit was kept uncovered in the window so ended up warm. The staff were very efficient and kept the tables clear and clean
.The food was very bland - apart from the ice cream!
Having seen what was available in the cafes and restaurants nearby I cannot recommend choosing the all inclusive light option, bed and breakfast would be the best choice.
The hotel is in an excellent location, not sure what kind of hotel it is - sort of travel lodge type?.

Room Tip: It was worth paying the extra for a guaranteed sea view
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank angela a

Dear angela a,

I would like to extend to you our sorrow for the deficiencies you observed in our Hotel during your stay.

I would like to thank you for your comments. We highly value your opinion, as it helps us to manage the hotel and encourages us to improve our service. We want to satisfy all our guests to the utmost, that is our ultimate commitment. We sincerely apologize for not meeting our standards.

We hope on your giving us a new opportunity to serve you with our best possible.

Zlatimir Krastev