“boring vacation”

Sunrise All Suites Resort
Ranked #2 of 93 Nessebar B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It is a big complex,five minutes walk from the sea,which is not a big problem,but the is nothing but a fuild that surrounds the complex and somehow you feel like you somewhere in the bush, but not at the sea side. The vacation was boring, nothing to do, nothing to see,o proper animation.the apartments were very big and spacious,we were in two bedroom exclusive apartment and it was OK. I was afraid that there will be noise,but no such thing. The restorant and the food were very good. There are several swimingpools and enough sunbeds.the beach was also nice. There was no matres,cusion and blanket for my little baby. Yes they gave us, baby bed, but that is all, instead of a matres there was blanket, and adult cusion and blanket.

2  Thank Roumyana

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice location, quite close to the beach and large suites. However, totally unprepared for all inclusive services.
In room furniture and linen of lowest quality. Food and beverage products and services of very low quality and staff which is not interacting with the guests at all.
Pools are Ok, but that's about all.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dan V
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First of all let me say big THANK YOU! to the entire personnel of Sunrise All Suites resort! In our case we have experienced not only good service but also sincerely friendly service!

The apartment was ok (de lux was perhaps a bit misleading). The lack of cutlery was a bit of a surprise – does every tourist buy his own wine opener etc.!? The size of the TV shows that the owners were very economical ☺ in their investments. Internet (the paid one) was not really working in our apartment.

The food was also very good and even if one may easily see cost cutting techniques, we spend 2 weeks always finding something new and tasty to eat.

The biggest disappointment came with the distance to the beach. The hotel claims to be 200m from the beach. What they (not very ethically) will not share is that actually there are 4 sizeable buildings and 200m is the distance from the closest one. From the furthest (where we were accommodated) the distance is approx. 1km or 12 minutes normal pedestrian walk. If you add two small kids, baby trolley and all the beach accessories the trip gets between 15 and 20 minutes one way. If you don’t plan to stay all day at the beach, we talk of 4 times 15 minutes under the sun (no trees on the way). For us this economical or manipulative (make your choice) way of describing the distance to the beach was big frustration! In the same line the address in tripadvisor "Nessebar" can be considered also marketing trick. The hotel is outside the village of Obzor - some 45 minutes drive from Nessebar.

Few areas for improvement:
- the so called “juices” are actually some dubious triumphs of the chemical industry. Their appearance spoils the impression of otherwise very good breakfasts.
- like many other hotels Sunrise makes the surprising choice to cut costs the coffee! For many of us substandard coffee is not the best way to start your day
- alcohol is in the “all inclusive” system with some irritating cost cutting tricks. For instance “rakia” (Bulgarian grape based strong alcohol) “Aheloy” is included but as quality it is a disgrace (a fact known by all the bartenders) that it should be abandoned all together.
- the animation team was friendly and nice (taking care of kids) during the day. The evening programs were however incredibly dull and amateurish. The enthusiasm and the charm of the animators was not able to compensate for the lack of creative ideas and professionalism. It probably also has to deal with costs: more "external" entertainers will add some life to the evenings.

Finally it may be useful for future visitors to know that the beach in Obzor has several small (but still) disadvantages:
- the sand grains are bigger (compared to the south from Burgas)
- the see gets deep quite quickly (not the best option if you have some small kids)

Room Tip: Stay in building 1 where the reception is (the closest to the sea) Ask for a room with sea view (th...
4  Thank PeterZashev
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was in that hotel in August and it was a great holiday. The animation team was one of the best. They were very polite and my child had a great time in the club for children. I would defenetly come back to see them!

1  Thank Artopl P
Reviewed August 14, 2013

- Noisy! We've got the noisiest room ever! I live in Moscow near the road and it's less noisy in there that it was in the hotel!

- rudeness everywhere. At the reception desk, room service, even children animators (
Some stories to illustrate:
1) I was in the baby club with my child, they didn't pay him any attention. He wanted to make a paper star as he saw one girl there had. I took paper and scissors. One of the animators saw that and took scissors from my hands and fetched the paper into the other corner so that I couldn't use it. She didn't tell me anything, no words, no smiles, no discussing or somewhat. Just disgusting.
2) When we arrived at the hotel (7 a.m) (our trip with a toddler 2.5 y.o. baby starting at 2 a.m.) we were told that check in time will be at 2 p.m. Ok, I explained that my baby needs some sleep and I ask them for some room just to have a nap. They promised to find the room and told us that 'it would be ready in 10 minutes". That longed for 2 hours - in 10 minutes, in 10 minutes, in 10 minutes. When I started to boil (because I couldn't in any way plan our time) they shouted at me that they are so good that are giving me the room before 2 p.m and I should shut up and be happy with every other inconvenience.
The hotel is children - oriented. I don't understand why the tourists with little children should wait for a check-in after a night trip.
Other moment - they said the breakfast was unavailable for us at the day of arrival. No sorry's, no proposals to pay separately for that (I didn't know this option was available).

3) Room service. There were no curtains in our room, we asked if it was possible to get them. We got them on the 3 day. They said they would bring them in evening, but came at the nap time of my baby and woke him up by ringing. When I opened the door and whispered that my baby's sleeping and please come later, they made such duck faces!!! Aaaagh.. No sorries, no worries that they could wake him up - nothing.

- I asked for the room without any noise from road or bars. I've got the room at the crossroads, my baby couldn't sleep till we moved to a 'lux' room.

- I asked for the internet, I needed it for work. I've got the room with the poorest internet in the whole hotel (4 enormous buildings by the way). I couldn't catch wi-fi and that was also the reason why I had to switch to 'lux' room.

- No information. If you need anything - you should only guess that they can provide it.
F.e. rooms without any kitchen appliances - they give after you ask. The curtains for the windows - you ask - they give. maybe. In other hotels they provide info where I can take beach towels (here they didn't give me cards till I asked on the 3d day), where I can take water, where shuttle buses stop (no shuttle bus here, you have to go to the neighboring hotel for that - 10-15 min walk)

- When we moved into 'lux' room, there was no linen on the 2 bad. I asked for that and was promised it in 15 minutes. After 20 minutes waiting I started to putting my baby to sleep. When he fell asleep, they called on the phone (11 p.m) When I switched off the phone, they came and started to ring the bell. They woke him up three times that day. The door bell can't be switched off.

- We payed for the internet in the 'lux' room and got it at last on the 4 day of our stay. We sat conveniently with tea and laptops and discovered that the mob phone of one of us has caught wi-fi and that's it. The only appliance can be on the internet. But that's not all. If the phone cought it first - you have to use internet only that way. No laptops. At night we had to go to the reception (7 minutes walk one way Aaaaghhhhh another building!) and buy another i-net connection.

- In the toilet there was a smell always, the appliances were broken

- The balcony wasn't safe for the baby

- The road to the sea is not really 200m, it's about 500 and it starts at the F-G building. If you live in another one, add 100-200-300 meters more. The road is not a pedestrian, when a car is riding, you have to leave it a space. I'd advice them to launch a shuttle-bus, I'm sure people would have used it.

- No water provided, you have to buy

It seems I can continue for a long time.
Let me remember any pros...

+ food seems to be ok. Sometimes some dishes are made from the yesterdays' meal... But all in all it's ok

+ many pools. But I prefer sea so that was of no use for me

3  Thank petit_talonete
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We (2 adults, 1 kid and 1 baby) have spent 1 week in Sunrise All Suites Resort and we liked it very much excluding some little issues.
It's close to the sea - 8-10 min. on foot from our room to the beach which is sandy, wide and clean, in one word - a great one! If you prefer a pool - there is a wide choice in the complex: 3 bigger, 1 smaller and 1 lake where you could swim also! Here is one of the issues - if you want a nice place - you should "book" the chair with a towel early in the morning (valid also for the beach). It makes me nervous but it's up to the culture of the guests and not to the hotel staff... I personally didn't like the architectural outlook of the complex also, so typical and without fantasy but it's my opinion.

Food is good. Regarding quality - OK, regarding variety - more than expected! Quite freindly and always smiling staff in the restaurant, it was impressive and made our meals much pleasant. Our son had a birthday and was surprised with a cake and sparkling wine for us!!!

Another one issue here: every night there is animation, first for the kids, then for the adults. The little ones have great fun, dancing, singing, smiling! I personally found the adults animation a bit too “aggressive”: extremely noisy and not that amusing. Moreover, there isn’t a “Bulgarian night” which is a shame because most of the guests are foreigners (Russians above all, also Germans, Romanians, Scandinavians, etc.) The problem is that the stage is in front of the restaurant and one can’t “escape” the animation in the evening. If you want a quiet dinner – forget it or go inside. But I should mention that the guys from the animation staff were really nice and did their best to amuse the guests!

Our standard 1 bedroom apt. was very spacious, with actually 3 rooms, a well-equipped kitchenette a bath with WC, a separate WC and a big terrace with sea view. Room was cleaned almost every day, and bed linen has been changed once every 3 days.

Well, keep in mind that this is a 3* star aparthotel and not a 5* star one. Also after reading some other comments, I'm telling this: if you want higher quality of food, rooms, beach near you, amenities, etc., pay twice more and go to Miramar for example!

I recommend the hotel to families with little kids. For others it could be a bit boring. But you could choose a day trip, rent a bike (the area is nice with hills so maybe it’s good for some mountain biking), go to Obzor (3 km away with plenty of shops and restautants)…
We would visit Sunrise again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank doodko
Reviewed July 13, 2013

You have to consider that there are 4 separate buildings, disposed in a row, close to the main road so if you stay in the farthest one (which is by the way, the no.1), you have to walk 800m to the beach, as we did. Eventually, we prefered to go by car. The building they show in the pictures is the 4th one and the best built and as I figured it up, it's reserved for their VIP's (western tourists I mean).
It’s a cheap all inclusive, the food is plenty, but too fat.
We had a one bedroom apart, in which it was impossible to sleep on the extendable sofas, which were in fact, one time extended, just two mattresses on the floor, 10cm high each. On the small tv set we had in the saloon, there were only 12 channels, all in Bulgarian and Russian language (even the Euronews), no Eurosport, or other channel similar.
As about the beach, you have to be early to find a sun bed, later it’s almost impossible, because of those uneducated people who reserve tem by putting their towels on it and nobody remove them.
In fact, I didn’t notice a real bay watch on duty on the beach, except 70 years old man dressed in red pretending to be one and staying under a parasol.
The animation team, took a day off on Sunday!!, while all over were shows for entertain their guests.
In one word, we were completely disappointed about our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luciano_6410
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nessebar
Festa Panorama
#16 of 222 in Sunny Beach
Club Hotel Miramar
Club Hotel Miramar
#4 of 18 in Obzor

Been to Sunrise All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!