“nice hotel, prime location”
Review of Mirage of Nessebar

and 1 more site!
Mirage of Nessebar
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Nessebar
midlands
“nice hotel, prime location”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is situated right at the beach (there is a lift from the bedrooms direct to the beach) and only a few minutes walk from new Nessebar where there are a lot of places to eat. In general the hotel staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. They provide at the entrance of the beach and main door with brushes to remove the sand from your feet.
The only downfall is that the breakfast buffet is not really suitable for a 4 star hotel, and if some Eastern Europeans are also staying at the hotel, then forget about getting much (they tend to empty the trays pretty quickly).
Now time for a few tips:
- the parasols and lounchers at the beach are not free, and if you don't want to spend the money, there are areas a bit further up the beach where you can just place your towel
- there are a lot of jelly fish in the sea
- the old town of Nessebar has been spoilt with shops, the new part of Nessebar is better
- there are other ways (apart from the bus) to go to Sunny Beach without having to share the experience in a hot day), try the mini train or a taxi-boat
If you like a quiet holiday but still with planty of places to go, eat, then I would recommend to stay in new Nessebar. We went to Sunny Beach for one afternoon and that was enough, full of young people "enjoying" themselves, and no peace on the beach

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank crisp007

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel is amazing and if ur lucky enough to stay here you will rave about it the same way i am going to. You cant get any closer to the beach, it is the perfect location for ur stay in Nessebar. The pool is not too big and it doesnt have a slide but it was perfect for us. The hotel is imaculate as is the pool area and the beach. The staff in the hotel are friendly and professional, in fact we didnt come across any Bulgarian who wasnt!
There are hundreds of places to eat and drink in both New and Old Nessebar, every restaurant that we went to was excellent and the most we spent on a meal for the 3 of us was 78lv (about 36-37 quid) and that included drinks.
My son is 8 and the locals thought it was great that he had learned a few Bulgarian phrases, Dobber Den is Hello, Blago Darya is Thank You and Nogo Dobray is Very Good (phonetic spellings).
From the hotel, Old Nessebar is about a 15-20 minute walk. it is very busy and its well worth walking all the way round to discover some wonderful, quiet views and restaurants.
Restaurants provide for all tastes, you will not be stuck for something tasty to eat, pancakes are a local specialty!
Cafe Italia was our favourite place to eat in New Nessebar and Uncle George's our favourite in Old Nessebar.
We went on an off road adventure which gets you right into the countryside and is lots of fun to do (tip: do not wear white!). And we also spent a day at the aqupark at Nessebar which is very well run and lots of fun for kids and grown ups!
Our favourite thing to do at the end of the day was to have a drink on our balcony looking out at all the lights and listening to the water lapping on the beach below.
All in all noone could ask for more from a beach hotel and resort.

Room Tip: Defo ask for a sea view in the hotel side not the apartments. Rooms are cleaned daily, and towels ch...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Lauragib123
Tupper Lake, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I am sorry to have to directly respond to the last comment but there is something fishy about a tourist who`d say "...and I did complain WHEN WE RETURNED but they would not REFUND any MONEY AS I HOPED."
Eitherway I don`t want to be rude and to waste time, so this is my experience:
1. The hotel was built last year or so, so everything was shiny new 10/10 for the class
2. Excellent rooms, great view if you get a room with a sea view, very clean and proper all the time. 10/10 for the class
3. Bathrooms were spacious enough, new and simply said very very good. 10/10 for the class
4. The elevator has a button that says "Beach"... and the doors open right on the sands - This my friends was something new for me. 20 out of 10 ans it surpassed my expectations
5. Hotel bar/cafE is located on terrace, right above the waves. Prices are moderate to cheap.10/10 for the class
6 The restaurant is also right above the beach. I found that it was OK, a the light was a bit dim because of the heavy curtains and it definitely did not compel me to wear a necktie, but in regards of all rest I can forgive them that. 8/10.
7. Food - the included breakfast was good and rather abundant. No complaints here as well. Other than that we never buy all inclusive - I believe that once per year on my vacation we deserve to pick our food and pay for it. 8/10
8. Pool - Good, has a children section. Nice and perfectly clean. Right above the beach. A bit cold and not very big 8/10 (By the way considering the pristine water in the sea and the fine sands we barely ever went the pool)
9. Staff: Very polite, very helpful and frankly said the receptionists were sexy ;-). Rooms were cleaned and put in order every day while we were at the beach. To my surprise staff were not habituated to expect tips. 10/10
10. Internet - this is my only negative remark. Free WiFi was available at the lobby and the bar. WiFi access in the rooms was available but for an extra fee. I might be a spoiled American but I believe WiFi access should be free all over the hotel. 4/10
11. Unrelated to the hotel but it`s itching me to say it.... this is an European beach... and you know what that means when it comes to women's bathing suits, right! 100/10
12. AND NOW THE BIGGEST PERK - PRICE is really cheap.The room cost us USD$ 100 per night. It was cheap. 10/10
Considering I can barely find a cheap motel upstate NY that sells rooms under 120$ these days, there I got luxury for a 100 bucks.

Bottom line I am going there this year as well. Hope everything is the same and the price was not raised.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
17 Thank Sylvain4302
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Food was dreadful and nothing like a 4star hotel - the worse I have had in any hotel for many years.

Also the staff just stood around chatting or texting. They were not at all professional as you would expect for a 4star hotel.

It was no more than a 2 star. We went with Balkan Holidays and I did complain when we returned but they would not refund any money as I hoped.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MS4050
Kilbirnie, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We returned from this hotel on sunday 19th June and are going to book for next year. The staff were lovely and very helpful. From Deni, and Ivanina on reception to Grigor on the door and Niki in the Lobby Bar (who makes the best cappuccino outside of Italy) they are all worthy of a mention. Breakfast much the same as other hotels and room cleaning a bit hit and miss but nothing major that would spoil your holiday unless you're really nit picky.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Barrycat
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel is perfectly located. It is positioned in the centre of a long strip of silky, sandy beach and when I looked out from the balcony I felt I could dive straight into the calm, cool sea below (though given the height and the terrace below this would have meant a certain death.) The staff were so friendly especially Greg. Breakfast was served in the dining room over looking the beach and sea. The town centre is right behind the hotel.

Nessebar is full of local people who definitely out number tourists so there is a real authenticity to the town. Ironically Old Nessebar, a world UNESCO heritage town is very touristy with touts and over priced restaurants however it has such a ye older world charm and as you walk around it it gets quieter and there are lovely places to sit with a drink and chill out enjoying the various views. There is a street with two Prague bars where we sat reading chatting and sipping wine. We brought home lots of Bulgarian pottery.
Old Nessebar is just ten to fifteen minutes walk from the new town. The
new town is cheaper to eat. The food varies in quality. Ask for the special wine for some decent quality. The Boulevard does the most amazing pizzas and has a great vibe. Its where locals meet for coffee or food.
Be generous with tips in Nessebar as things are socheap and wages are quite low and everyone works really hard. I love the Mirage and Nessebar. Hoping to go back.

• Stayed June 2010
11 Thank SaraCWood
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We visited Nessebar last year and stayed in what was then the Menabria Hotel overlooking the peninsula to the old town. We loved our stay but vowed that next time we would get a hotel nearer to Nessebar beach as it is far superior to anything towards the Sunny beach area (yuck)

We booked into the Mirage hotel and couldnt be happier. From meeting the doorman Greg, very helpful and polite. Taught me how to say hello/How are you. To our sea view room which hangs almost vertically above the beach. At night the sea lulled you to sleep and it was excellent to be so close to it. Breakfast was the usual buffet affair. I quite enjoyed it. There was a large selection of foods (cold meats, salads, sausages, meatballs and cheeses) .

As well as being situated directly on the beach you are also a stones throw from New Nessebar which has many great places to eat and drink. It is also far cheaper than the old town. The only downside we experienced was that the lift didnt go to the beach area as that part was still under construction.

We had a fantastic stay and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple