We have stayed in the villa in July 2013. The resort, together with 2 other golf courses (Black Sea Rama and Thracian Cliffs) makes very enjoyable experience for golf lovers. 3 courses are different and I would recommend to play in the following order - Lighthouse, Black Sea and Thracian Cliffs, with the last one being especially difficult but breathtaking course. Courses are generally quite, so you can find tee times easily.
Resort service is 4+, not 5 stars. From time to time you will encounter strange decisions or not so polite staff, however, if you insist, things will be done your way (as in Russia), which is not always my way of having relaxed holidays. For example, the first villa that we were shown was not in the best shape, with spider nets being visible and no water in the poll by the villa - when we requested another villa, it was given in 30 minutes and turned out to be very nice. Breakfast buffet was very good, also dinner buffet is good.
As regards the Lighthouse resort, if you stay in villa and prefer to cook sometimes, you need to have a car (take it in the airport). Then you can visit Balchik, which is some 10 km away and buy all necessary fruits, vegetables and other things. Apart from that there is not much to see around.
The hotel has a big swimming pool, but did not have beach access in July - its own beach was closed (due to road damage) and the beach that they have offered to visit was a joke - with big stones and no proper entry to the sea. In Thracian Cliffs you have very good access to the beach (as far as you can see from the golf course), but dining options there are very limited and a bit more expensive (as confirmed by our friends who stayed there).
Climate is very good also in July - it was rarely above +30 and with sea breeze the weather is very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Golf & Spa Resort is part of the exclusive European Tour Properties network of world class golf venues. Situated near the historical town of Balchik, Bulgaria, and 40km from Varna International Airport, the resort is at the heart of Cape Kaliakra’s signature Golf Coast, which is renowned for its lush, green landscapes and spectacular coastline. The venue’s par 71 Lighthouse course sits on top of towering white cliffs, commanding breathtaking views over the glittering blue Black Sea. In addition to its signature 18-hole golf course designed by Major champion, Ian Woosnam, the venue comprises a stylish clubhouse, a golf academy with superb practice facilities, plus a state-of-the-art Spa and Wellness Centre of some 3000m2. Various restaurants and bars, a sports centre with tennis courts and football pitch, and a sandy stretch of beach with its own bar, round off the extensive list of facilities available at Lighthouse Golf & Spa Resort. The resort also offers a broad range of real estate opportunities, including luxury villas and stylish apartments with views to the golf course and the spectacular mountain landscapes. NB: There are two types of accommodation available in the resort the 5* Main Hotel Building and 3* Apartments and villas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lighthouse Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Golf Hotel Balchik
- Lighthouse Golf And Spa Resort