Tripadvisor
Ubatuba
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the owner place to stay his brother green heaven amazing atmosphere social atmosphere good vibes thanks guys big family big kitchen the location is perfect churrasco have a good time clean facilities having fun a great stay other travelers
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location, easy access to the main beaches. The bungalow accommodates up to 6 people but I would recommend maximum 4 if you want a bit of comfort. Bear in mind that this is a hostel, so please expect noise from other neighbours there. I don’t recommend cooking due the lack of tools for that. A/C worked although the wind deflector was broken, what was annoying for the person sleeping close to it because this person had the wind on him/her. The beds were not properly made and sheets were not spread either, the mattress were not so comfortable but we managed to sleep. The bungalow was dirty and not tidy, it gave us the impression that it was kind of abandoned. The sink was clogged and the furniture was full of dusty. We also recommend you to bring some mosquito repellent.

The door of our bungalow was opened 24h because the lock was broken, the staff promised to repair it but at least during our stay it was not fixed. We were feeling uncomfortable leaving all our belongings there, fortunately they were not touched. The hostel offered a barbecue with free caipirinha for 60 reais per person, I highly recommend it, amazing food, good drink and nice live music.
If you are not picky like us, definitely this is your place to stay in Ubatuba

Room tip: I don’t recommend the bungalow, there are not nice and cozy as they are in the pictures
Date of stay: January 2020
GreenHavenHostel, Owner at Green Haven Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey Aylton,

Thank you for your review we already fixed somethings.
To be honest with you, we are a party hostel not a HOTEL or a PRIVATE FLAT, about the noise you can't complain, you already knew it before you booked.
The price that you paid it was very cheap for the time of the year, more or less 15 euros per person to be in a private house, with A/C and private kitchen, this is a price of a big dorm during the low season in Europe.
Aylton, sorry but we are not perfect, no one is. For example your group left the Bungalow very dirty and I didn't say nothing we just cleaned it. Somethings we learn at home specially to respect the people that work cleaning.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I spent an amazing time in this hostel. I met very nice people with who I had a lot of fun. This hostel brings joy and happiness.
I was planning to stay for 4 days there but I couldn't resist to this friendly atmosphere so I've decided to stop there a longer period.
If you like surfing this place is even better. The staff will help you in this project, and even surf with you if they can. Then, you will enjoy making friends and listening to live music during the regularly organized barbecues.
I totally recommend this hostel and I hope that I'll have the chance to see everyone from the staff another time ! Thank you so much guys for this wonderful time with you :)

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank louisemQ322JT
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

This hostel is the place to stay when visiting Ubatuba. I ended up extending my stay twice, because the vibe is what you want in a hostel. I would definitely recommend the BBQ party and the boat tour, and if you’re in to surfing there are a lot of opportunities for it. The location is perfect as the hostel is right in front of the beach and there are a lot of beautiful places nearby to visit. The rooms are clean, showers are good and the kitchen is fully equiped!
Vinnie and his brother Tulio really know how to manage a hostel and they are always around for giving you recommendations.

1  Thank jonnekr
Reviewed December 15, 2019

Amazing atmosphere, very helpful and friendly staff, very clean and great location. They organize tours around the beaches by stand up paddle or kayak, really worth it! It's a paradise! Would definitely go back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2019

This hostel is great if you are travelling alone. The staff were incredibly friendly and sociable and even took us out to see new beaches. Clean rooms and good facilities made this a great stay for me. The last thing to say is the location is literally beach front. 20 metre walk and youre on the sand!