This was the highlight of our Brazilian trip. The lodge is secluded on a forested peninsula and has spectacular views of the bay and mountains. Despite the feeling of seclusion, it is a very short walk down the the authentic, friendly, tiny fishing village and beautiful beach. Its a great launchpad to explore what must be one of the nicest stretches of coastline in the world (and we live in Mauritius!). The staff were friendly and the food was great.
Hope to return one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Picinguaba overlooks a peaceful bay at the heart of the Natural Park of Serra do Mar, the tropical coastal forest running between Rio and São Paulo, about half an hour's drive south of Paraty.It is the only charming hotel in a 30km radius. It faces the sea and a 3 km-long protected sandy beach. The hotel offers (09) nine comfortable rooms all opening onto the natural surroundings and the sea, including a dream honeymoon Suite with en suite jacuzzi and a breathtaking view of the ocean. The local road stops at the beach and one has to walk the last 250m to the hotel, nestled in the forest.Everything here is attuned to the spirit of the place, with nothing to disturb nature's magic: no TV or telephone in the rooms, no Internet, no air-conditioning. This place is for you to be in a different world, the only sounds are the wind in the palm trees and the sea gently lapping the shore.Pousada Picinguaba was selected in HIP HOTELS as one of the 80 most extraordinary hotels around the world and was featured in National Geographic Stay List 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Prestigia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pousada Picinguaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Picinguaba Hotel Ubatuba
- Pousada Picinguaba Ubatuba, Brazil