“Cheap and awesome food”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Neighborhood: Consolacao
Neighborhood: Consolacao
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I was recommended this place by our hostel staff and it was very easy to find - only a street back from avenue paulista upstairs. It only seems to be open for lunch.

There are two choices available each day and since our Portuguese is bad this made it much easier to order. The meals are a set price of R25 and come with juice, chai tea, salad and dessert. The main plate has a variety of tasty hot options. It proves to be extremely good value and quite delicious.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very reasonable priced lunch, great ginger juice and chai waiting for you at the door. Charming ambiance, this Hare Krishna run restaurant has the odd lasagna at times, but mostly sticks to amazing vegetarian indian classics such as dahl and pakora. Best price for money in the region. Must arrive early to be seated.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am not a vegeterian, but I love the food here. I have actually been here a few times, and I will definitely go a lot more times. The food is so good I eat everything on the plate even ingredients or vegetables I don't "like".

The environment is nice, although the seats are very low and the tables are very close to each other. Nevertheless, It is a great place to go with friends or alone.

I love that you only have two choices on the menu, which is grest for me because I don't know much about vegeterian dishes. In addition, you can order a half portion or a full portion.

I have never stood in line to go in, but I have seen long lines on my way out.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

i've been going to this place for 6 years and was never disappointed...the food is tasty and for a very fair price (you can choose from the 'half' size meal or the regular size) u get a salad, the main course - 2 vegetarian choices a day - and a desert (5 choices), plus the juice of the day; the area is also interesting for tourists, since it's right by Rua Augusta and only 2 blocks from Avenida Paulista.
But because it is a popular restaurant it does get a bit crowded, especially on Thursdays 'cause it is the artichoke lasagna day you'll have to stay in line before you get a table, unless you get there as early as 12 o'clock or after 2:30 pm; ah!, and it only serves lunch. You can check their website for more info: gopalahari.com.br

Reviewed February 7, 2012

A wonderful distinguished taste in the middle of a meat loving city! Love it!
I had the lunch menu (choice of 2). Still don't know all of the dishes I had but the fresh Indian tastes were absolutely overwhelming.
Free chai or ginger juice is available.
3 courses with Mango juice for 22,50 Reais.
A must for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.

1  Thank andreheins