“a welcome addition to the neighborhood”
Review of Tordesilhas

Tordesilhas
Reserve with
Tordesilhas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 39,490 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jardins
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Tordesilhas has recently moved from their Bela Cintra address to Al. Tiete, just off Rua da Consolação, which is only two blocks from my apartment. It is what I would call an intimate restaurant, with a total of 28 tables, but 5 waiters to serve them--a very good proportion. It is beautifully decorated. But I didn't find the waiters very efficient. Generally in a sophisticated São Paulo restaurant, a mere glance at a waiter will cause him to stop at one's table to ask what one wants. Not so here. I kept glancing at the various waitors, but they passed my table without acknowledging that I was looking at them.

I am a feijoada specalist and mainly I went there because of their reputation for this dish. But I found that it didn't hold up to the feijoada of restaurants like Dinho's, A Figueira, or Baby Beef Rubaiyat. Since this was my first visit, it would be unfair to judge this restaurant on one dish alone. But I shall return to try other items on their extensive menu. The wine list is adequate, and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I just got back form a delightful dinner at Tordesilhas, where i was taken by some São Paulo friends eager to have me try Brazilian cuisine at its best. Service was attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The food was delicious. I had the duck, prepared in a style typical of the Amazonas region. The flavors were unique, and the sauce irresistible. The cocada made for an excellent dessert.

1  Thank profe1967
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place, menu includes different brazilian food, representing different parts of Brazil. Service was good & fast! All and all excelent restaurant!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place to explore the rich and diverse Brazilian cuisine. Start with a Tacaca (made with nhambu, which is lightly anesthetic and numbs your tongue a bit) followed by Pato no Tucupi (duck on a manioc paste and nhambu), both from the Amazon region. All paired with a few caipirinhas (rum with lima da persia, or caju).

1  Thank WAK1234
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Tordesilhas is in an older building on a long narrow one way street not far from Paulista ave, but you aren't likely to stumble on it. We called but no reservation was needed on a Thursday evening at 8, so we went on ahead. When you enter a small dining area precedes the bar and kitchen and a larger area is beyond, opening to the garden. It was an unseasonably chilly night, and even the inner seating was a bit cold, so there was no question of going out towards the garden.
Seating is carefully arranged so that other tables seem far enough away and there was no noise even after th restaurant filled about 9:15. The menu explains ingredients and origins of the dishes from throughout Brazil, and is available in English as well as Portuguese, but all of it was new to us so we were choosing purely by the description. As we hoped, all the dishes proved interesting, though by far not all of the food was to our taste. Appetizers of a spicy soup and manioc deep fried with Parmesan were a tasty start, each surprising in its way. Two different Amazonian fish dishes were equally tasty though accompanied by vegetable/fruit combinations we did not always think worked well, but assumed were authentic if not quite to our taste. We finished with a tropical fruit and cheese plate and three tropical fruit icecream scoops which contained items we loved and ones we weren't so fond of. Service was attentive and careful throughout. A house Sauvignon Blanc proved surprisingly nice. And the ambiance throughout was delightful.
While we did not think the bill of about 100 real per person including 10% tip they added was at all excessive for the meal we received, it certainly is not what TripAdvisor is listing now. Indeed we think it would be diffIcult to eat a meal here at under 70 real.