“Wonderful dining”

Neighborhood: Jardins
Brussels, Belgium
“Wonderful dining”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went there as a couple and we loved it! The atmospere is relaxed and busy at the same time. The service is also realy nice. But it is all about the the food which is full of flavor, well balanced with great texture. We took the 4 course menu with a selection of wines en enjoyed it very much. We paid about R$ 550 and we had a great time at Mani. Thanks for that.

1 Thank Gwert

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sao Paulo, SP
“had to try one of the best in world list”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Was highly recommended by my hotel since it was on a few review list as one of the best restaurants in the world. I had the filet mignon and my date had beef cheeks. I had steaks during my week in Sao Paulo so I am comparing it to Varanda Grill supposedly the best steak house in SP and Rubaiyat which has its own farm where I had rib eye kobe. I was expecting Michelin level experience since it is on the list one of the best in the world so I had high expectations. In terms of steak, it was very good but the other two were better but I had kobe at the other two. I tasted my date's dish beef checks which was my first time. It had the same texture as ox tail I think, very soft. Overall it was a very good experience and service was very attentive.

Olesa de Montserrat, Spain
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went there for business dinner. Catalan chef Dani Redondo makes a wonderful combination of tropical flavours, unforgettable meal. Congrats to be on top 50! Enhorabona Dani!

Visited January 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excellent food, ambiance that needs some restoration”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent fusion food, light, imaginative, very good service. However, the tables and furnitute, chairs, too simple and uncomfortable for the quality the kitchen demands. The owner should seriously think about modernizing the premises, so that customers could be more comfortably seated.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,046 helpful votes
“Traveller's Choice...Really?????”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Did I missed something here? Did I go to the same place as everyone else?

Admittedly I am not a foodie and cringe at places that try to over-invent (e.g. Dom). As such, the Ming Dynasty 1000-year eggs and ostrich feathered capivara pate parfait would never rate high on my list.

The room was nothing impressive. Tables too close to one another and too small. The thatched roof and rustic ambience was ok, but nothing outstanding, certainly not more than two stars. The servers were adequate...no more than two stars. It was as if they were doing a favor serving you.

I would like to have given this place a one star just to draw attention to the my outrage, but honestly couldn't classify the place as terrible. Poor is just fine. Traveller's Choice...no way!

Was this helpful? Please let me know.

• Visited September 2013