“Excellent Brazilian Restaurant. A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brasil a Gosto

Brasil a Gosto
Ranked #362 of 38,207 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardins
Los Cabos Mexico
“Excellent Brazilian Restaurant. A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was looking for a good relaxed restaurant offering real Brazilian food and I found Brasil a Gosto on TripAdvisor. It was an excellent choice.

The restaurant is located very close from the Paulista hotels, if you are on the mood you can have a nice 20 minutes walk. The restaurant street is very quiet and makes you feel in a very private area.

The decor is nice, with beautiful wall paintings making reference to some Brazilian houses, very colorful and with a very good harmony.

The restaurant offers indoors and outside seating, as the weather was gorgeous we decided to stay at the terrace.

We were offered Portuguese, French or English menus and as they did not had a Spanish version they called Adriana, a beautiful hostess that new all the menu. You could ask her the ingredients of each dish and she would answer immediately. She made us feel home, she shared some history about Brazil and she gave us the best menu suggestions! Adriana made us feel at home and she is a perfect example of what good service and commitment are.

Food was delicious, beverage list very complete and service outstanding. Prices are very decent, I believe it is one of the best values I have found in Sao Paulo.

Once you ask for the check they will automatically get your car ready from the Valet or help you with a cab. They are very service oriented.

This is definitely a place to go when visiting the city.

• Visited April 2013

Sao Paulo, SP
“innovative and different contemporary Brazilian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place feels sort of like a tourist trap because they are very adept at dealing with foreigners and speak English. That being said the food and is quite nice and the atmosphere is good. They use wide verity of local ingredients from all over Brazil to produce some cool twists on traditional Brazilian foods as well as some very flavorful more international style dishes. I especially like their uses of heart of palm. They also have some great signature caipirinhas. They are also very generous about splitting plates. I went there with one person and we ordered three courses, but split the main and the dessert. The split portions were perfect and they even divided the main onto the two plates as if we had ordered them separately. I had some fish from the Amazon, which I can’t remember the name, but it was perfectly prepared and delicious.

Visited October 2012
Montgomery, Texas
“Excellent regional Brazilian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is rated in the top 10 in Sao Paulo for a reason. It is tucked away on a small side street and is very quiet and has very good ambiance. The food is amazingly good and always changing. They have regional menus from the various regions of Brazil and you will be delighted with the unique flavors that are presented. I definitely recommend spending a little more to enjoy the different flavors that aren't readily available from other restaurants in the area. Harrison Ford was eating there the other day and I doubt he goes anyplace less than excellent.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank txsoccerref
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A memorable meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the tasting menu at Brasil a gosto and was delighted with my experience. This is more than a restaurant: it's a tribute to Brazilian food and food culture. The menu is full of blurbs and pictures meant to provide a crash course on different regions, their basic ingredients, and some of their fundamental techniques. Customs surrounding food get some attention too. I was dining alone, so I read through the whole thing and enjoyed it tremendously. If you dont' want to read it all, you can watch the flat screen TV that tastefully and unobtrusively hangs on one side of the downstairs dining room. There's no sound, so as not to interfere with the varied Brazilian musical pieces that are playing. Just video of people preparign and consuming traditional foods in different regions of Brazil.

The menu is available in either Portuguese or English, and the night I was there I was attended to by the hostess, whose English was lovely. She explained each dish as it came out. First I was treated to baskets of manioc snacks and three breads (cheese, corn, pumpkin). Then came the amuse-bouche, a selection of three traditional Brazilian snack/street foods. The appetizer was my favorite. Squid and octopus with crushed cashew nuts in a cashew sauce. Then a fish course with tilapia and sea bass, and a meat course featuring beef and pork. Each came with various starches and pureed vegetables. Dessert was fabulous. Five mini desserts on one plate, including a passion fruit custard, a coconut sweet, chocolate cake, and marshmallow of sorts.

The place is a bit pricey, as are many restaurants in São Paulo, but if you're new to Brazilian food, and want to take a high end tour of sorts, this is a great bet. I very much enjoyed it and would happily return on my next trip here . . . unless i decide to try some other, equally fabulous place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank profe1967
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Very very expensive but Nice Concept and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant specialises in Brazilian food from all regions of Brazil.

We had their 'tasting' menu with a bit from every region.

This a good but extremely expensive choice (we didn't pay, the company we visited did).

The food is good and beautifully presented but it seems most Brazilian food could do with some seasoning and spice. Everything just lacked in flavour and taste. But I guess this is the way it is because our Brazilian colleagues raved about the place and the food - saying it was the best of the best (?).