“Honestly, a bit disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Brasil a Gosto

Brasil a Gosto
Ranked #362 of 38,207 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardins
Lemont, Illinois
“Honestly, a bit disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very charming place. Outstanding service. Great passion for local Brazilian ingredients. My only issue was the execution. The empanada/dumpling appetizer was wonderful, although they promised four varieties and the pumpkin was nowhere to be found. May main course had a large portion of an Amazonian fish that was cooked perfectly, but unfortunately a bit oversalted. My spouse was not thrilled with the free range chicken entree: "it was ok"

Visited December 2012

Houston
“Superb food and service - English friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice, compact, well decorated restaurant with great and interesting food. Do not turn down the bread and chips offered as appetizers. In a party of six we ordered 5 different meals and everyone was impressed with their meals. The waitress and manager were happy to explain the dishes offered and recommend favorites. The restaurant had English menus available and they switched an English speaking waitress to our table. We were are so filled that only two people ordered dessert and then they brought out small gratis sample desserts for the rest of us. Casual dress. I would certainly return.

1 Thank HoustonFamily
Sao Paulo, SP
“Tipical (and not so tipical) brazilian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The restaurant is located in the excellent neighborhood of Jardins (Gardens). Is very nice decorated and its speciality is Brazilian food. Some are classics, some are more local/obscure cuisine, but all very good.

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Still my favorite among hundreds of Sao Paulo restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Time and again, this Brasil a Gosto (BaG) serves up divine cuisine from the couvert through to coffee and the coconut treats and everything in between. I never accept couvert at any Sao Paulo restaurant but can't resist at BaG as the breads melt in your mouth and the artisan butters are pure sin. I usually go for the mixed entradas because they are all so good and I can't bring myself to commit to just one. I have ordered pretty much all the seafood dishes on the menu including some on the regional feature of the month, every single one has been a feast for the senses, and done to perfection. While the Tilapia is my all time favorite, the Abadejo, Caldeirada, Camaroes crocantes and Pirarucu are all delectable. I consume obscene quantities of their house chilli oil which they should bottle and sell as it is divine. While I always order seafood, I've tasted others' Lombo de bode and Rabada no Tucupi which are delicious. Given the lack of price-quality correlation of wine at Sao Paulo restaurants, I highly recommend their Argentine Viognier, a beautiful full-bodied white with minerally flavors which really complement the delectable food. I've usually over-eaten by this point, but when I am feeling gluttenous, I've had their Bananada com crocante and cocada de forno which are delicious.
I only ever go for lunch as the food is too heavy for me at dinner. The restaurant is on a quiet residential street in Jardins, walking distance from Oscar Freire, on the Rua Casa Branca end. On a nice-day, I love sitting on the front porch enjoying their delicious caju caipirinhas. When available, you must try the jabuticaba and caju caipirinha, phenomenal. Service is always fantastic and attentive, and twice I had the pleasure of meeting Ana Luisa Trajano who stopped by the table to check in on us. Only strange part of the restaurant is the bizarre rope that serves as artwork on the upper part of the restaurant with some tacky trinkets hanging off it.
Of hundreds of Sao Paulo restaurants BaG continues to be my all-time favorite to date for food, service, location, value for money and end-to-end experience.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Brazilian flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Brazilian flavours! Let them surprise you...
Ask to the chef to lead you to an unforgettable trip inside Brazil and its rich gastronomy.