“Amazing waiters”
Review of Fogo De Chao

Fogo De Chao
Ranked #60 of 39,091 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Eating at a traditional "rodizio" in Brasil is a must. This is one of the outstanding restaurant. You get a card with red and green colour on each side. As long as you have the green side visible the waiters stop at your table offering different types of meat. If you want to pause, turn the card to the red color. A hugh salad buffet is offered at the beginning. Do not overload your palte with saldads as the meat is really excellent. Amazing speed of all waiters. They do almost run between the tables. Therefore it is better to chose a sitting at a corner or beside the window. Wine selection is good enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Fantastic service, great buffet, and excellent choice of meat. For the uninitiated, there is also sufficient literature on hand on the different cuts of meat being served to you. We only went to 2-3 churrascarias in Brazil, but this one was definitely the best among the ones we sampled.

The top sirloin is to die for...

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Arrived at the restuarant and was taken direct to my table,very spacious and relaxing.You are warned to eat little from the salad bar,so you can enjoy the various meats.Lovely place,will return tomorrow if possible'.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My favorite churrascaria in São Paulo. Lots of type of meats, good buffet of starters. Prepare yourself for a hectic experience: you are invaded by lots of servers, each with a different meat. When you are full, you put the red light for a break and then you can go green and start again till you like. Do not exagerate with the entries, as the meat part is the best experience (very high quality). Prices are not low but worth the quality. A must to try when in São Paulo for business or pleasure. Many wealthy locals go there too.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was taken to this restaurant by my Brazilian coworkers because they wanted to show the San Diego office a good time. Our night started with a table loaded with sausage, chicken hearts, bread, banana, and some sort of polenta dish. We filled our plates at the salad bar and returned to our table. It wasn't long before a server came by with baked mozzarella cheese. I flipped my token over and tried several different cuts of beef. I wish I could recommend a cut, but I gave up trying to find the number on the cow after my first caipirinha. Fogo De Chao was a fantastic experience!

Been to Fogo De Chao? Share your experiences!