“Best steak restaurant (in the world perhaps?)”
Review of Fogo De Chao

Fogo De Chao
Ranked #70 of 38,853 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you like steak, you're in for a treat. If you like salad, you're also in for a treat. Same applies to desserts and to wine and caipirinhas. In addition to the quality in their food and drinks, one must commend their service - best I have ever seen. If you want to dazzle your guests with the looks of the restaurant, perhaps you better try Figueira, at Rua Haddock Lobo, Jardins. But if you want to eat the best food, stick to Fogo de Chão.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been to several of their locations both in Brazil and the US. Everything is top notch, and the price matches the excellent food and service.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Usually meat quality and variety is excellent, astounding salad buffet, fast and attentive service, good wine list.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I spent 5 days in Sao Paulo last week for my first ever visit. I was with natives the entire time. On my last day I asked my 3 associates for dinner, but I told them I wanted to visit the best Brazilian Steakhouse. All 3 natives suggested Fogo de Chao. I wasn't disappointed.

The meats were wonderful. I have no idea what part of a cow I was eating..didn't matter. It was all great. The salad bar was great as well, but didn't want to fill up due to saving myself for the meats. Sides were all very tasty. The service was as great as the food. This should be the standard for steak houses around the world. Was forced to even have a dessert which was some mango ice cream which was delicious. I know it will be quite some time before I have another meal like this, but was very pleasantly surprised to find out they have locations in the US, including Miami which I live near. Needless to say, I will be visiting the Miami location in the near future.

1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Fogo de Chao is a must visit when in São Paulo. Excellent salad bar and fantastic meat. There are other churrascarias in São Paulo, but Fogo de Chao is a good and reliable choice.

1  Thank Roberto G