“memorable”
Review of Fogo De Chao

Fogo De Chao
Ranked #79 of 38,378 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Grenoble, France
“memorable”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

ambiance, food quality and staff attention are certainly the key assets of this place

ambiance: open fires where you can see the meat cooked, comfortable tables for your guests overall warm ambiance

food : buffet is exceptional in variety , freshness and originality
meat is top , and coming from various countries (make your choice)

staff is professional in serving the meat, attentive to all details (from a knife falling on the floor to a jacket to be protected against stains) and very warmfull

overall unique experience

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“I love to go every time I am in Sao Paulo”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a great place and I go back every time I am in Sao Paulo. Food is so tasteful and abundant that my biggest challenge is to control myself. The wine menu is excellent with a wonderful choice of South american wines. Just took a group of French business partners who wished they had a similar concept in France!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Laurent G
Beijing, China
“Great food, worth a visit for serious carnivores”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a seriously good meat restaurant. Arriving a bit early we had no problems getting a good table and although staff English was limited they managed to explain everything in a friendly and concise way. Once we had launched our first attack on the very large, fresh and tasty salad bar the meat started to come immediately. Everything was nicely done with nicely BBQ seasonings and the taste of the meat was absolutely brilliant. Good flow of food, possibly a bit too fast, but it was always accepted when we needed to take a break and digest a bit - and at once we flipped over to green (bring more food) the meat started coming again.

The only reason why this is not a five star review was the wine discussion we had, where several (decently priced) wines were 'out of stock' and all staff wine suggestions pointed to very expensive wines that weren't even the same grape/region as the ones we wanted. Up sales is usually ok, but we felt that the staff attitude was too pushy and not even trying to listen to what we we looking for. A tip is to be firm, and keep requesting the wine you want rather than accept a much more expensive alternative.

Anyway, when the dinner was over the staff helped us get a taxi and we left very full but very satisfied with the food.

1 Thank Krazze
Sao Paulo, SP
“AWSOME!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

averything and more of what U expect from a real brazilian bbq!!
AWSOME!!

AWSOME!!AWSOME!!AWSOME!!AWSOME!!AWSOME!!AWSOME!!

Visited April 2012
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“But It's Just the Same as the US Version!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My customer offered to take me to the best churrascaria in Sao Paulo. Imagine my suprise when we pul up outside the Fogo De Chao. "But it's just like the one back home in Philadelphia" I thought - and it was. If you've eaten in any of the US-based FDC's then you'll know exactly what to do when dining here. The only difference is that the waiters all speak Portugese, although most of them speak enough English to explain the menu. My advice - play dumb, and they'll cater to your every whim.

There are a few differences in the menu. I noticed (at least on that night) there were no sausages, or filet mignon (and chicken) wrapped in bacon, and the cuts of meat were slightly different. That said - the meat was wonderful, the service was friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was electric. At 7pm the place was empty. By 8pm it was hopping and absolutely packed. As a visitor I'd advise you use a taxi to get there or go with a local. There is valet parking but it can be challenging. The main dining area is also about twice the size of the standard FDC's I am used to - so that made it seem even busier - even though the tables were spaced further apart.

So the standard advice applies. Eat sparingly the 24 hours before your visit. Avoid the bread and the sides and use the salad as a warm-up act to get the taste buds going. Leave your vegetarian friends behind.

I was torn between four stars instead of five - but decided to go with 5. Although I was disappointed not to visit a "native" Brazilian churrascaria I put that emotion aside and decided the food and service was worth a five. However, if you are an adventurous tourist, I'd recommend you go elsewhere and get a little more authenticity at a slightly cheaper price.

• Visited June 2012