“shocked”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of D.O.M.

D.O.M.
Ranked #32 of 38,194 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Jardins
Denver, Colorado
“shocked”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

this place was listed as top ten in the world so our expectations were high and they were quickly crushed. for two of us the bill was $550.00 usd and the food was just ok and the service was terrible. after we asked for the bill it took them 15 minutes to get it to us and then another 25 minutes for change. such a bummer after all the great reviews.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank steventhetravelor

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service & food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Surely we were very excited about dining here. Think we arrived a little early (around 8), and only a few tables were occupied, but that soon changed and so did the atmosphere in the restaurant for the positive.

Obviously the expectations were high, but were met! It were 11 courses to remember, an overwhelming tasteful experience.
What stood out was the incredible good but informal service during our evening, all small details were thought of.

If you have something special to celebrate or have nothing to worry about your spendings, then this may just be one of the best dining experience you will ever have.

• Visited January 2013
“Pretencious”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Making a fuss about a simple Beaujolais, about a potato puree with cheese or a tagliatelle carbonara using sophisticated word, this is exactly what is this so-called best restaurant in Brazil.
Thinking about the 1300 R$ I spent with my wife tonight, I should have stayed at home..
Last but not least, a cockroach jumped on our neighbor coming from nowhere !

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Samsonite2012
Seal Beach, California
“Amazing culinary experience!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I went here in December and it was amazing! We have been to Arzak, Mugaritz and Akelare in Spain so we had high hopes and we were not disappointed. Every course was an interesting favor and different experience. The service was also wonderful but I'm not one to care about service, it's the good food I'm after and this place has it. If you are a foodie like me then this is the place for you. I would suggest getting the tasting menu so that you can try a lot of different things. It is definitely worth every penny. Delicious and one of my favorite nights in Brazil!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank TeraGab
Sao Paulo, SP
“Over priced but worth going once if you can afford it”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I went to DOM for a special occasion, and I am glad we did although I would not go back unless someone else was paying. While it was over-all very good, I don;t think it deserves the high ranking it gets in the pellegrino-sponsored ranking.
We ordered the full works: tasting menu with accompanying wines. Of the eight plates, two or three were excellent, most were good, and a couple were so-so. The wines over-all were nice, except two which had corked. With the first one, we told the waiter and he said that was not possible. The sommelier came over and tasted it and agreed it was corked. Given that the wine was by the glass, the sommelier should have tasted it before it was served (especially given the price of the wines!) The second corked wine we didn't bother to tell the waiter about, given his response to criticism and a general Brazilian aversion to honest feedback--we decided just to enjoy ourselves.

• Visited April 2012