Intercity Ibirapuera
$151
Emiliano Hotel(Sao Paulo)
$375
  • Restaurant
L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo(Sao Paulo)
$171
$246
  • Pool
Melia Jardim Europa(Sao Paulo)
$129
$115
Agoda.com
$147
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Comfortable hotel on Ibirapuera Avenue so quite central. The bus stop is opposite the hotel and there is a mall within walking distance. Friendly, helpful staff and the rooms are big, clean and comfortable. Like so many hotels in Brazil, the bathroom was a bit small, but clean. The room has a safe. It has free Wi-Fi that worked fine when we were there. The hotel serves dinner as well. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Diego L, Gerente at Intercity Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2015

Reviewed June 14, 2014

After my horrendous experience with Century Paulista Hotel, I was transferred here, and what a difference!

This is a really nice, comfortable hotel in Ibirapuera Avenue. It's very close to a big shopping mall and to some nice restaurants.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, service was very good and breakfast was also great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 1, 2014

It's a very good option for business travellers. Not a big luxury, but you have everything you need for a short stay. Room is very big and comfortable. Breakfast also nice for Brazilian standards. Location is perfect, Moema is a nice district with good restaurants. Special recommendation for runners - Ibirapuera park in in 10 min (running) distance!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I want to protest vehemently against some aspects of lower quality and service in this hotel, which I'll post on Yelp and other blogs:

1-Internet terrible: just keeps going down and very weak; I get more bars in this hotel on the Park Inn next door (3 bars) than here at the hotel itself (1 or 0 bars)

2-During the night someone used my car and was driving him to the street: not only had food leftovers in the car (cookies and the like), when we never eat in the car, as the Miles and the gas had changed significantly.

3-We were 2 days off without using the room and we asked that, at least, they should deduct from our bill the breakfasts that we haven't eaten, in the number of 4 (2 people x 2 days), and valued at 4 x 28 Reais = 102 Reais. It turned out that, not even that they were willing to do and so they charged everything.

4-In the two days that we were out, we have left 90% of our luggage in the room at the hotel and because they thought we had fled, or something like that, they charged our entire account ahead of time...

5-We ended up staying a few extra days and the card where we were making the charge to the hotel ran out of funds. I said that I needed a day to transfer funds from another account to the card account that was being used. The manager at the hotel did not accept, blocked my access to the room with my things in it and it was only with the mention of the police that I managed that they open the room to gain access to my stuff.

6-In this dialogue process concerning the card, they wanted to see me behind closed doors and it was only due to my insurgency that we have agreed to keep the door open, even though I had asked for the meeting to take place in a public place.

7-The tactics of intimidation were apparent in the way they were addressing me, as if they were doing a cross-examination in court, but they didn't know who they were dealing with and I ended up pushing them back across the line of respect.

8-They lied left and right about the fact how the room was blocked in its ingress trying to make me believe that it was the automation of the system who did it, when I knew perfectly well that it had been done through the manual override ...

Definitely a hotel to avoid, not only by the poor quality of services, in particular the Internet, which, the people doing international services are very dependent on, can't be reliable enough, but also and especially by the lousy reception and quality of service of the employees of the hotel ...
I am a consultant of Queiroz Galvão, Andrade Gutierrez and Odebrecht and I come to São Paulo during more than two weeks every 2 months and I usually stay in Mercure Hotels... It was a bad time when I decided to try the InterCity, but, as such, it will also be the last time. This option of mine I will also communicate to my associates and my contacts the Queiroz, Andrade and Odebrecht.

3  Thank Ulissipo

Thanks for your comment.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I spent a week at Intercity in Moema. The staff made me feel very welcome. My room was really comfortable and very clean, which is what you need when you are away for a week. The public areas of the hotel are well maintained, and well-lit. There are plenty of staff in the lobby so you feel safe arriving and leaving, even at night.

The area around has plenty of very good restaurants, shops, banks and bars. There are bus stops in the avenue in front of the hotel. It's easy to get a taxi.

My room was well-lit with a very comfortable work desk, plenty of power sockets, and free wifi. The wifi worked well most of the time but could sometimes be a little slow.

There's a 30m unheated outdoor pool which was rather cold in October but is probably great in January. It's open from 6am to 10pm so is very convenient if you are working long hours. There's also a little fitness room with a treadmill and bike which is open 24 hours.

Breakfast is OK. It's not top quality, there's not much variety and it doesn't change much from day to day.

It is nice to be able to open the window in the room, but they don't have double glazing so it is quite noisy. Also it would have been nice to have had some tissues and handcream in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Try a high floor to reduce the traffic noise - but this won't help with the aeroplane noise!