“Great overnight option near GRU”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sao Paulo
Monaco Business E Convention Hotel
Ranked #245 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Winthrop, Massachusetts
“Great overnight option near GRU”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I ended up staying here during an unexpected layover while in Sao Paulo. The hotel is very clean, staff friendly, helpful, especially to my non-portuguese speaking self. I got there late, and was still able to order halfway decent room service (after 1am). Breakfast at Monaco is an excellent buffet with both hot and cold options. The best part about this hotel is that their standard check out is at 1400. I didn't try to request a later check out so I am not sure if they would accommodate that. This is important as many intercontinental flights depart GRU late at night. If you don't feel like hanging at the airport for a long time, the lobby at the hotel is extremely comfortable and offers free wifi as an alternative.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nicknak100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

We waited 30 minutes for the shuttle (does not have a frequent shuttle)...the lobby is modern but the rooms aren't...I could hear the TV next door until late into the night...breakfast was OK buffet...we only stayed here because of the one night layover...I can't imagine anyone booking this place for a convention (as the name implies). I would try another if you can.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

The rooms were small and the furniture very old. The internet did not work, it was very noisy. I had to think about it twice before I used the bathroom. On the way there, the shuttle was on time, but on the way back (kind of important if you want to catch a flight), the shuttle was 25 minutes late and then made an extra stop to drop more passengers off. Its located in a very unsafe area.

• Stayed September 2011

Travelers are raving about these Sao Paulo hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2008

I would have to agree with everything the previous poster said re: doing time. Certainly not a place I would ever choose to stay. Barely tolerable if you are stuck here due to airline problems. Rooms are dirty, tiny and cold. Slept all night in my jacket. I didn't have any problems, but I didn't feel safe either. Was told that some who ventured out of the hotel last week, got jumped - so I'd recommend eating at the souless, but edible buffet and only venturing out via the airport shuttle. And leave for the airport as early as possible -- GRU is better than this place.

On the upside, there was internet access and the airport shuttle was convenient.

• Liked — shuttle
  • Disliked — overall unease staying here, couldn't wait to leave
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank venustar82
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2008

Missed my flight due to TAM being late. TAM put me up here for the night. This is above a roach motel, but is safe, clean and has very good internet connectivity. The rooms are small and BOTH my twin beds are somewhat marginal. I am stuck here for 24 hours and I feel as if I am in jail. Like its my fault TAM can't fly ontime!?

Food is served pretty much all day as a nondescript buffet. I arrived at midnight and got a bite to eat - some kind of meat, spaghetti and plain lettuce (again I feel like I am doing time).

Its a tolerable place to bivouac, but you would never pick this as a place to stay. It is located in a very marginal neighborhood - so marginal I would not go for a walk around the block. There is a Wal mart at the bottom of the hill, but once I took the shuttle there, I am not sure how I'd get back. I think I'll leave for the airport early just to get out.

• Liked — It was safe
  • Disliked — Its a roach motel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2007

Nobody would seek out this property to stay at. Chances are if you come here it is because you have missed a flight and the airline stuck you here or, in my case, you had a crappy travel agent who put you here to save them money.

What works: the airport shuttle. Good service. Also, the check in and the bellman – Good. However, the rooms are small, carpets dirty and in my room the air conditioning did not work (howbeit, it was late, and I was not going to repack and move so - 'ah, stuff it').

Save your money, go across the street to a nearby restaurant. The Monaco restaurant is dismal. The dining area reminds you of college dining hall and the buffet is meager and the food taste like mass produced college food. R$25 for the buffet. Too much, for too little

If you get deposited here, well it will be functional, for a night. Just fairly.

• Liked — Shuttle to airport. Rooms have internet connection
  • Disliked — small dirty room, restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Cuernavaca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

Got sent to this hotel after a missed connection at Sao Paolo, had to wait 24 hrs for the next flight home, so I didn't eactly choose it as have it thrust upon me by the airline. It seems a fair way from the airport (30 mins), but this is Sao Paolo so in reality it probably counts as adjacent. Bus shuttle to/from the airport is fine, although only every hour (leaves the airport on the half hour until 2330, after that you'll need a taxi). Hotel is located in a pretty average area of Sao Paolo, nothing pretty or charming to it, reception area fine, check-in no problem, room was perfectly clean and adequate, standard fare really. One real downer was the food, pretty grim, served in a windowless, soulless room with a giant TV on full blast, quite a dispiriting experience.

All in all, a reasonable low-to-mid range option if you have an overnight stopover in Sao Paolo to endure.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business