“Great place in Sao Paulo”

Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo
Ranked #17 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Austin, Texas
“Great place in Sao Paulo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Enjoyed 8 nights here in Sao Paulo. Staff is fantastic. Friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable, small kitchen, large bed in bedroom and spacious bathroom with tub and shower.

Nice breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, pastries and eggs cooked to order. There is a bar with drinks and a limited dinner menu, but there are restaurants around the corner. Check out Coco Bambu when you are here.

The electrical outlets are the older Brazilian style, so they accept American plugs. No adapters needed here.

The AC units work great too.

I will stay here again when I return to Sao Paulo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for the very positive comments. We are delighted to know that our product and our staff were able to provide you a great stay and you will come back to stay again with us! Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very friendly personel at reception! Nice, spacious rooms, but will soon need renovation. Good location in terms of places to eat at and to have walks - in the nice park just nearby. Otherwise you will use cabs to move around anyway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrey B
Dear guest, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel location with great restaurants nearby and the peaceful and secure environment of Vila Nova Conceicao neighborhood. Thank you very much for your comments regarding the front desk service and the guest rooms. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in February and the hotel was great. We got a deal on a room from marriott.com (1/2 of what it seemed to be normally for marriott reward members). Although we didn't know the city or the language the staff did everything possible to facilitate our sight-seeing and dinner plans. I've never had hotel desk staff be this diligent in making sure we had a good stay.

The only inconvenient part of the hotel is that it isn't located on a subway line. There are several restaurants within walking distance and the one thing that is inexpensive in Sao Paulo is taxis which seemed to get us about anywhere the subway would for ~$10USD.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments regarding the front desk service. We do our best to take good and genuine care of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been visiting São Paulo for 13 years and my son lives round the corner from the Marriott apartments. Vila Nova Conceicao is one of the best and easiest areas in São Paulo. I often stay here and indeed have just had 10 days and was joined by my daughter. These apartments are excellent for two,people or for families as they have two rooms and include a kitchen which is fully equipped. The beds are king size and they can put extra beds in the sitting area so ideal. The staff here are excellent especially Carter and Johny on reception and also the housekeeping staff who keep the rooms immaculate. Nothing is too much trouble. The apartments are very handy for some of the best restaurants in Vila Nova. There is a good Paderia on Rua Jacques Felix round the corner and also the famous Josephine's which is fun and trendy and has great salad lunches. There is also Blue Bart a one kilo lunch place and Kinoshita Japanese restaurant and several others are within easy walking distance.The marriott restaurant is fairly good and has reasonably priced drinks . Breakfast has a good choice. Room service is also good. There is a laundry in the. Basement and driers which is useful if you are there for a few days.. By São Paulo standards it is fairly safe to walk around and I do so all the time. I am a retired grandmother so it's safe for me. The Park is a ten minute walk but avoid it on Sundays when all of São Paulo is there. I would recommend the Marriott apartments and this area wholeheartedly. I wouldn't stay anywhere else especially not downtown. Very much home from home.
Thanks for making my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Agree that rooms overlooking pool as quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mrs. Jennie, thank you very much for your comments about the hotel features and service. The location is really appreciated by our guests and we are very fortunate to have some of the best restaurants in town by walking and safe distance, as well as the great Ibirapuera Park. We look forward to welcome you back in your second home in Sao Paulo! Best Regards. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was alone in a very large city and was unable to speak the local language. While this could have been an issue, the staff at this particular hotel went over and above to help me get around the local area, suggesting restaurants, places to watch football matches, etc. One issue I had in Sao Paulo was with the local taxi drivers finding my customer site. I was very stressed out about having to get from my customer site to the airport for my flight on the last day. The person at the desk that morning - Carter Potter - put my mind at ease by arranging everything for me including pre-payment of the taxi. The driver provided was also by far the best of my trip. Special thanks to Carter and the whole staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Jeff, Sao Paulo is indeed a very big city but I am really happy that Carter and our staff were able to mitigate this stressful impact by taking care of these details and make you feel more confortable and safe. That is our goal! Thank you very much for your comments. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
Gilford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Staying at a hotel for a long period of time gives you a good understanding of their strengths. The Marriott is located around 1 km from Parque Aberapuera which is the central park of SP. It is an easy walk and a very nice place to spend weekend time with a lot of families and young lovers. There are a lot of fitness fanatics as well as people seeking companionate time. The lake is nice as well.
It was interesting when we had a "tempestade" a severe storm on a Friday night. The power went out because the transformer was hit. The generators did their job until the next tempestade on Saturday afternoon when the lightning hit the generators! Luckily the power company was prompt on Saturday and power was fully restored while I was at dinner. I was greeted by the front desk staff with a huge smile and everything is working.
Carter is a most helpful person at the front desk. His language skills are excellent and his service orientation is helpful and sophisticated.
Eating dinner in the restaurant or at the bar was always good - food prepared well and Brasilian favorites well presented.
They are in the process of painting and updating. Carpets should be the next step after the painting is completed
Looking forward to enjoying their hospitality again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest, we really appreciate your comments about the hotel, and we are very happy that we were able to provide you a great stay during a long period of time. I will deliver your kind message to Carter, who is indeed a great associate at the hotel and will be certainly very happy to know that he was able to provide you an excellent service. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here for a week when I was in town on business and it was a nice hotel. The rooms were a good size and the breakfast had a lot of nice choices. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. There were a few restaurants and shops within walking distance as well as a grocery store.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear guest, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to visit the restaurants and shops in the neighborhood of Vila Nova Conceicao, one of the most elegant and chic in Sao Paulo. Our staff is also very happy that they were able to serve and help you accordingly. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager