“Over and above” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Baltimore, Maryland
“Over and above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was alone in a very large city and was unable to speak the local language. While this could have been an issue, the staff at this particular hotel went over and above to help me get around the local area, suggesting restaurants, places to watch football matches, etc. One issue I had in Sao Paulo was with the local taxi drivers finding my customer site. I was very stressed out about having to get from my customer site to the airport for my flight on the last day. The person at the desk that morning - Carter Potter - put my mind at ease by arranging everything for me including pre-payment of the taxi. The driver provided was also by far the best of my trip. Special thanks to Carter and the whole staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Jeff, Sao Paulo is indeed a very big city but I am really happy that Carter and our staff were able to mitigate this stressful impact by taking care of these details and make you feel more confortable and safe. That is our goal! Thank you very much for your comments. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Gilford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Staying at a hotel for a long period of time gives you a good understanding of their strengths. The Marriott is located around 1 km from Parque Aberapuera which is the central park of SP. It is an easy walk and a very nice place to spend weekend time with a lot of families and young lovers. There are a lot of fitness fanatics as well as people seeking companionate time. The lake is nice as well.
It was interesting when we had a "tempestade" a severe storm on a Friday night. The power went out because the transformer was hit. The generators did their job until the next tempestade on Saturday afternoon when the lightning hit the generators! Luckily the power company was prompt on Saturday and power was fully restored while I was at dinner. I was greeted by the front desk staff with a huge smile and everything is working.
Carter is a most helpful person at the front desk. His language skills are excellent and his service orientation is helpful and sophisticated.
Eating dinner in the restaurant or at the bar was always good - food prepared well and Brasilian favorites well presented.
They are in the process of painting and updating. Carpets should be the next step after the painting is completed
Looking forward to enjoying their hospitality again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, we really appreciate your comments about the hotel, and we are very happy that we were able to provide you a great stay during a long period of time. I will deliver your kind message to Carter, who is indeed a great associate at the hotel and will be certainly very happy to know that he was able to provide you an excellent service. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here for a week when I was in town on business and it was a nice hotel. The rooms were a good size and the breakfast had a lot of nice choices. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. There were a few restaurants and shops within walking distance as well as a grocery store.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear guest, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to visit the restaurants and shops in the neighborhood of Vila Nova Conceicao, one of the most elegant and chic in Sao Paulo. Our staff is also very happy that they were able to serve and help you accordingly. Thank you very much. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I liked the size of the apartments, and the one I stayed in on the 12th floor had two bedrooms and even a small balcony. The breakfast was fine (the usual continental plus scrambled eggs, sausages,etc- not huge, but covered all the essentials). I am not sure I would pick this location for a tourist visit. Not much I immediate walking distance, and you don't want to walk around too much in this city.
Staff was great and friendly. Overall, a good stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you very much and I appreciate your comments about the size of our apartments. They were designed to provide guests with all the features and comforts of home. I am glad to inform that the hotel location is perfect for a touristic visit as well. Sao Paulo is a city known for its great and diverse gastronomy, shopping options and heavy traffic. The hotel location allow you to explore these characteristics very well. The best restaurants in town are in walking distance and in a safe neighborhood, the three most important shopping malls are very close, and there are 3 bicycle stations two blocks away so you can enjoy the park and the bicycle path in the main avenues during Sundays. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife, our dog, and I recently stayed at the Marriott in Vila Nova. The room which included a good sized kitchenette and was newly renovated with hard wood floors, new furniture, and other modern furnishing. It was a comfortable size for the three of us, and when you stay in a hotel for 30 days that is saying a lot!

My wife and I had never been to Brazil, and we arrived we didn´t know left from right. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helped us find our way. Plus they were extra friendly to our dog, which is always appreciated!

As others have posted, although the hotel is 300m from a high traffic avenue, the location is prime. I would recommend the hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments regarding our service, location and the renovated rooms. The hotel was recently renovated, including the lobby, restaurant, and all guest rooms, and I am glad that you appreciated the new design and materials. Our goal is o offer a great stay, gathering a warm and personal service with a high quality and modern product. Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
Madrid
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I spent two months in this Hotel. It's situated in one of the best residential zones in Sao Paulo, next to ibirapuera park, 15 min (by taxi) to Paulista zone and 10min by walk) to Itaim with a lot of nice restaurants.

The room it's Ok but it's not what you would expect from Marriott.

There are some wash machines in the basement but most of the time some of them just doesn't work.

Read your bill carefully because they usually make mistakes. In addition I have been triying to get my reward points for three weeks and it's impossible. The staff is friendly and they always tell you they are going to help but in the end they won't

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to Santo amaro Street, it's noisy there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Eduardo Y, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sao Paulo, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear guest, I appreciate your good comments about the hotel location, but also regret some areas the hotel was not able to serve you accordingly and I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenients. The washing machine had to be fixed by an external company that took long to come to the hotel, and we are reinforcing the training and orientation to our staff to avoid any mistakes in the bill. The Marriott Executive Apartments brand has a different procedure for rewarding points. I would kindly ask you to review your account and contact us or send us a message to mea.saoer.guestrelations@marriott.com in case you have any doubts or questions.
Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent a week at this Hotel while visiting Sao Paulo and Sorocaba. Located in a residential area about 15 minutes from city center. The stafff are all extremely helpful. They organized a private guide to take me around the city to see the major sites. The rooms are large and comfortable. I really enjoyed the restaurant the few times I ate at the Hotel. They will basically make you anything you want. The pool and gym are both on the small side. All in all pleasant, clean Hotel with friendly service. My only disapppointment was I sent out 5 shirts to be laundered and only 4 came back. Conceirge committed to chase down post my departure, but I never heard anything.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool, they are more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, I am grateful for your comments and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenient with your shirt, so please let me help and ask you to send us an e-mail message to mea.saoer.guestrelations@marriott.com so we can identify and correct this problem accordingly.
Eduardo Yoshimoto I General Manager