“Not nice. Better look for another one.”

Caesar Business Vila Olimpia
Ranked #89 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Brasilia, DF
“Not nice. Better look for another one.”
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Despite the advice from three of my co-workers, who recommended me to stay elsewhere, I was stubborn enough to try this property out, only to find out that my colleagues could never be so right!

I arrived at the hotel at 11:35 (daily rates start at 12:00). I had to leave for a meeting, but did not want to carry my computer, so I asked if I could check-in. Their answer was "only if you pay 50% of a daily rate, for an early check-in"... I would have accepted a "we do not have a room available yet", but come on, charge half a day for 25 minutes is ridicule. Not to mention that the whole checkin procedure takes 15 minutes, so in the end we'd be talking about 10 minutes. (and they did not want to take any responsibility over my luggage as well - they would store it but not be responsible for it)

Came back some two hours later with all the luggage again and finally got a room - a cigarette-stinking place with a last century TV set (not that I'd watch it) and a very small bathroom. I can still feel the stench of the carpet, that 'old tobacco' smell. Actually, tobacco in the property is a problem - people smoke everywhere, like if this was the 70s or 80s, like there were no laws against smoking in public areas!

Internet was another challenge - more than an hour to be able to connect, and only after being trapped by their system and being forced to pay twice (because the instructions were not clear). After I managed, connection was slow. And it is very expensive in the overall, I haven't seen anyone charging US$ 4 per hour for internet connection in ages! in fact, after broadband connection no one has charged that much.

Buffet breakfast is decent and has the usual - fruits, cheese, ham, yoghurt, juice and bread.It is not bad, but it is also not compatible with what is served in similar properties, which tend to have a much wider variety of items, including omelets and stuff like that.

In summary - if you are looking for a hotel in the exact same region, for the exact same average price, but much better, then go to the Radisson Faria Lima. That is where my co-workers and I usually stay, it costs the same, internet works, they have a gym and the rooms are much better. I deeply regret having changed for this one - it was the first and last time I did it.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — The tobacco stench all over the property.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank Danilo P
AccorBrasil, Gerente geral at Caesar Business Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, March 12, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us; we value all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for all your comments.

Once again we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us on a future visit to São Paulo.

Sebastien de Courtivron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montgomeryville
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Caesar Business Faria Lima is great.

Hotel service is very helpful and friendly , the staff is great . Specially for Joao Dimas and Fabricio , bell boys are always taking care of you.

I hardly recomend this Hotel .

The only thing Internet slow and expensive an they don’t have a gym.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 26, 2007

I´ve stayed at the Caesar Business a couple of days for business and I really liked it. I don´t know if its location is really good, as Sao Paulo is a huge city and you always have to move by car, but it was convenient for me as the company for which I work is within the same building.

The rooms are spacious and very confortable. Beds are superb and there is a great desk. The bathroom is also nice but there is no bath -not so good for a 4-star business hotel.

Staff is really friendly and service is great. There is a good restaurant in the groundfloor and an excellent gym.

However, there was an important -and very annoying- drawback: Internet access IS NOT FREE (not even wi fi) and the connection is really bad and very expensive (8 dollars each 45 minutes).

All in all, its a nice hotel, but if you really need Internet you´d better be prepared!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business