Despite the advice from three of my co-workers, who recommended me to stay elsewhere, I was stubborn enough to try this property out, only to find out that my colleagues could never be so right!
I arrived at the hotel at 11:35 (daily rates start at 12:00). I had to leave for a meeting, but did not want to carry my computer, so I asked if I could check-in. Their answer was "only if you pay 50% of a daily rate, for an early check-in"... I would have accepted a "we do not have a room available yet", but come on, charge half a day for 25 minutes is ridicule. Not to mention that the whole checkin procedure takes 15 minutes, so in the end we'd be talking about 10 minutes. (and they did not want to take any responsibility over my luggage as well - they would store it but not be responsible for it)
Came back some two hours later with all the luggage again and finally got a room - a cigarette-stinking place with a last century TV set (not that I'd watch it) and a very small bathroom. I can still feel the stench of the carpet, that 'old tobacco' smell. Actually, tobacco in the property is a problem - people smoke everywhere, like if this was the 70s or 80s, like there were no laws against smoking in public areas!
Internet was another challenge - more than an hour to be able to connect, and only after being trapped by their system and being forced to pay twice (because the instructions were not clear). After I managed, connection was slow. And it is very expensive in the overall, I haven't seen anyone charging US$ 4 per hour for internet connection in ages! in fact, after broadband connection no one has charged that much.
Buffet breakfast is decent and has the usual - fruits, cheese, ham, yoghurt, juice and bread.It is not bad, but it is also not compatible with what is served in similar properties, which tend to have a much wider variety of items, including omelets and stuff like that.
In summary - if you are looking for a hotel in the exact same region, for the exact same average price, but much better, then go to the Radisson Faria Lima. That is where my co-workers and I usually stay, it costs the same, internet works, they have a gym and the rooms are much better. I deeply regret having changed for this one - it was the first and last time I did it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Caesar Business Vila Olímpia is located in one of the most important areas of the city of Sao Paulo, close to major companies. We are surrounded by great restaurants and bars, which provides visitors with moments of fun after a long day at work. For those who enjoy good shopping malls we are close to Vila Olimpia and JK Iguatemi. We are only 5km away from Congonhas Airport and 38 km from Guarulhos International Airport. With cozy rooms, 24 hour room service, restaurant Amaranto, free wireless internet and diverse and large function rooms. Everything to make your stay the most memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caesar Business Vila Olimpia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar Business Sao Paulo Faria Lima Hotel Sao Paulo
- Caesar Business Hotel Sao Paulo
- Caesar Business Vila Olimpia Sao Paulo, Brazil