“Perfectly adequate for business but won't blow you away.....”

Caesar Business Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia
Ranked #73 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Location – The hotel is in a quiet and safe location (although recommended are careful when walking around the hotel in particular around in Rua Quata late at night as met people who had been mugged although I walked there and was pretty quiet) The Vila Olimpia shopping centre is a 2 minute walk away and has a large food hall on the 4th floor with all the usual pay per kilo sushi/buffet places. The shopping centre is pretty big and has all the shops you could need. Located close to the hotel are a number of up market bars in the Vila Olimpia area. On top of that the Reebok fitness centre is next door BUT bear in mind it is VERY expensive! Price per visit is R$120 or if you want to sign up for a month it’s R$1,000. I stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks so negotiated down to R$600 for a month so perhaps if you are there you can bargain if you want to buy a few visits. The gym is the largest I have ever been in and has every class/machine/weight going. Suggest you look on the website if interested in finding out more.

Room – The room was kept clean by the room service and for me was perfectly comfortable. The air conditioning unit worked fine. The beds were comfortable. The shower was powerful with always hot water. I had a twin room which I preferred as could use the 2nd bed as a temporary storage area for clothes/anything I wanted to throw on there. I slept with the window open and wasn’t really noisy.

Food – Breakfast was fine, eggs, fruits (pineapple, melons and choice of bananas etc), cereals and hot food choice. I was there for 3 weeks so started to get a bit bored with it but if you are there for a short time then would be fine. I ordered room service a few times and although pretty expensive was fine.

Service – I thought the service was perfectly fine. The people serving breakfast were polite, in particular the main lady duty manager, and the reception always polite and helpful. I had no complaints at all about them.

Hotel – There really wasn’t anything to view or see in the hotel other than the room. No swimming pool (there is one in the Reebok) and fitness centre just consisted of 3 running machines.

Summary - I am waiting for my work permit to come through so will be going back there in August and staying on and off in the Caesar until arrives and I can get an apartment. I looked at lots of options and eventually decided on this hotel due to the gym next door and because of the shopping centre opposite. It took me about 20 minutes in the morning in a taxi to my office (near Parque Vila Lobos) and about 40 minutes coming back (will be worse though when I go back this month as school holidays finished) so location was basically okay to get to work. Vila Olimpia feels like a very quiet safe and upmarket area. The hotel price is not cheap but I don’t think anywhere in Sao Paulo is. If you are staying on business, unless you are used to really upmarket business hotels, I don’t think you’ll be too disappointed but at the same time it won’t blow you away. Really probably deserves a between “Average” and “Very Good” mark (which at the time of writing is the overall mark) so have marked at “Very Good” to be generous. Happy to answer any questions.

Room Tip: Think no real difference
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ladoerrado1980
AccorBrasil, Gerente geral at Caesar Business Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us; we value all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for all your comments.

Once again we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us on a future visit to São Paulo.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good:
- good location, very convenient
- good breakfast, included
- staff generally helpful
- loaner umbrellas from the front desk
- small "aerobic" centre has good equipment, no weights though

Could be better:
- internet speed is awful, though wifi coverage is good throughout the hotel
- cleanliness is OK but shows sign of wear & tear in the bathroom
- room service food is not very appetizing
- window was randomly left open a few times when I got back to the room

Room Tip: Not much to choose - avoid rooms close to elevators
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I spent last weekend at Caesar Business, light system is awful you , mattress cheap and small ( I had to sleep with my foot of the bed ) and not comfortable and cheap linen , cheap basic amenities
Beautiful lobby , efficient room service, good location and clean

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SRBAEZ

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel because it is a very convenient location for me in this traffic-clogged city.
It is also efficient for a business stay. Getting shirts ironed, decent food at late hours, and simply helping the business trip run smoother.

Rooms are a bit old and smell of cheap cleaning products but they are clean and easy to navigate (vs design hotels where one needs 15 minutes to figure out how to run the shower).

Breakfast is poor, which is too bad, considering the price of the room (cost me 2000 euros for 5 nights). Not a good way to start the day. More fresh fruit and decent yoghurts is not that difficult nor expensive...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Im currently staying here on business. It's nice enough, but there's a few things they could to to make it a little more welcoming (e.g free bottled water, especially for long term guests and faster wi-fi service) and there is also no pool as listed in the amenities.

Stayed: March 2012
AccorBrasil, Gerente geral at Caesar Business Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at the Caeser Business Faria Lima in March 2012. Had two business shirts stolen. To make things worse, management did not care much about it. Do not recommend this stay.

Room Tip: do not recommend. Had my shirts stolen. Poor services.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank acohen1000

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The lobby is very nice the roods are nice, but in desperate need of a lick of paint ! teh staff could not have been more helpful including removing extra charges on bill- but note the next door hotel owned by teh same people also oevr charged me least time I was in Brazil, so check your bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the staff allowed me to use teh buissness cenetre until I left at 10pm for a midnight flight. so all in alll great and free internet.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business