Location – The hotel is in a quiet and safe location (although recommended are careful when walking around the hotel in particular around in Rua Quata late at night as met people who had been mugged although I walked there and was pretty quiet) The Vila Olimpia shopping centre is a 2 minute walk away and has a large food hall on the 4th floor with all the usual pay per kilo sushi/buffet places. The shopping centre is pretty big and has all the shops you could need. Located close to the hotel are a number of up market bars in the Vila Olimpia area. On top of that the Reebok fitness centre is next door BUT bear in mind it is VERY expensive! Price per visit is R$120 or if you want to sign up for a month it’s R$1,000. I stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks so negotiated down to R$600 for a month so perhaps if you are there you can bargain if you want to buy a few visits. The gym is the largest I have ever been in and has every class/machine/weight going. Suggest you look on the website if interested in finding out more.
Room – The room was kept clean by the room service and for me was perfectly comfortable. The air conditioning unit worked fine. The beds were comfortable. The shower was powerful with always hot water. I had a twin room which I preferred as could use the 2nd bed as a temporary storage area for clothes/anything I wanted to throw on there. I slept with the window open and wasn’t really noisy.
Food – Breakfast was fine, eggs, fruits (pineapple, melons and choice of bananas etc), cereals and hot food choice. I was there for 3 weeks so started to get a bit bored with it but if you are there for a short time then would be fine. I ordered room service a few times and although pretty expensive was fine.
Service – I thought the service was perfectly fine. The people serving breakfast were polite, in particular the main lady duty manager, and the reception always polite and helpful. I had no complaints at all about them.
Hotel – There really wasn’t anything to view or see in the hotel other than the room. No swimming pool (there is one in the Reebok) and fitness centre just consisted of 3 running machines.
Summary - I am waiting for my work permit to come through so will be going back there in August and staying on and off in the Caesar until arrives and I can get an apartment. I looked at lots of options and eventually decided on this hotel due to the gym next door and because of the shopping centre opposite. It took me about 20 minutes in the morning in a taxi to my office (near Parque Vila Lobos) and about 40 minutes coming back (will be worse though when I go back this month as school holidays finished) so location was basically okay to get to work. Vila Olimpia feels like a very quiet safe and upmarket area. The hotel price is not cheap but I don’t think anywhere in Sao Paulo is. If you are staying on business, unless you are used to really upmarket business hotels, I don’t think you’ll be too disappointed but at the same time it won’t blow you away. Really probably deserves a between “Average” and “Very Good” mark (which at the time of writing is the overall mark) so have marked at “Very Good” to be generous. Happy to answer any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Vila Olimpia neighborhood, nowadays considered as an important commercial, financial center and headquarters of major companies. It has in its surroundings outstanding bars and restaurants, prestigious international shops, malls and the city’s best show centers. It is a midscale, fairly cozy, dynamic business hotel, with a practical infrastructure and high-quality services, constituting the perfect combination for accommodation, events and meetings. The hotel offers 211 functional, modern and extremely comfortable rooms. It features a restaurant, named Amaranto, which offers a casual and perfect environment for social and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Caesar Business Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar Business Sao Paulo Faria Lima Hotel Sao Paulo
- Caesar Business Hotel Sao Paulo
- Caesar Business Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Brazil