“Nice lunch spot”

Neighborhood: Consolacao
San Jose, California
“Nice lunch spot”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Two friends and I just happened to be walking past this restaurant at lunchtime, and the manager (standing out front, acting as the "barker") enticed us into coming in... trying their food. Both the manager and our waiter were friendly. The waiter brought us some little snack crackers to taste, while we were deciding from about two dozen items on the menu (certainly an appropriate size menu for the size of the restaurant). They have daily specials, but I chose something off the regular menu that included cheese pastels. During the lunch period... all entres include a refrigerante. When the food arrived, we were a bit surprised and pleased that the manager also gave us a sampling of a very nice Australian wine. Everyone agreed that the food was good. Next time, I want to try one of their salads. In my broken Portuguese, I learned that they have pizza at night and Rodízio pizza on the weekends. It will be nice to try their pizza. Prices were moderate, and the atmosphere was okay. I would give them 3-1/2 stars, but the rating system here seems to only allow whole stars. Free street parking was right across from the restaurant. I definitely look forward to trying them again.

• Visited January 2013