“Truely amazing”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pretoria, South Africa
“Truely amazing”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We would like to say a huge thank you to the staff of the Intercontinental Sao Paulo. We stayed only 2 nights, but the best 2 nights in any Intercontinental that we stayed before. We are Gold Ambassador members and stayed in a few Intercontinental hotels, but this is the best one so far. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and always so helpful. we went for business first and then pleasure and ending up here. We will recommend this hotel to any one wanting to visit Sao Paulo, whether for business or pleasure. Well done to you all and thank you for a great stay. Should we ever return to Sao Paulo we will indeed stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the Suites, they are really great and Spacious. get the Club floor. very nice and quite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Jan e,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at InterContinental São Paulo hotel.

It is certainly so delightful to receive such a wonderful review as yours that definitely inspires our team to pursue memorable ways to please and go beyond our guests expectations.

We feel a great pride to know that we are the best hotel you have ever stayed in and that our services and facilities are recommended by you. This is really valuable for us.

It is a real pleasure to thank you for having chosen our hotel.

Our team is already looking forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental São Paulo.

InterContinental São Paulo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
London
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights on a business trip recently and they were very helpful and accomodating. The hotel is very clean and spacious and the rooms are a really good size. The food is excellent (especially the fruit!) Most people in this hotel speak English which is helpful as well (and unusual to find in Sao Paulo). Its also right next to a starbucks which is perfect! They have a nice pool, spa and exercise room as well and a nice hotel bar. A couple things I would say on the negative side is that the hotel is very pricey (which should be no surprise) but the extras are a little ridiculous (BRL 210 for an an airport pick-up from the internaitonal airport and BRL 170 for an airport pick-up from the local airport (which is 15 minutes away)). The priciness should not surpise you for Sao Paulo as well as for a 5 star hotle as well. The only other thing which I have to say annoyed me a little bit is that they take a huge payment off your credit/debit card upfront without being very specific about this, so I would definitely ask for clarity around when and what is being deducted from your account. Overall it is an excellent hotel, well located in a safe and convenient neighborhood in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mrs. SarahMarr,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience at our hotel.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff during your stay and the hotel facilities. The hotel location is fabulous and very handy for anything you might need while travelling.

It is very important for us that our guests feel safe while staying with us and it is a great joy to know that you stressed that on your review.

We apologize that you felt annoyed by the credit card pre-authorization procedure during your check-in and for not being duly informed about it. We regret that this situation and the average prices in São Paulo was inconvenient for you. Your comments are certainly very welcome so that we can tackle important areas that requires improvement.

Once again, Mrs. SarahMarr, we are very thankful for your review and hope to welcome you soon at InterContinental São Paulo.

Our best regards,

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I'm in Sao Paulo several times a year and try to stay at the Intercon. The facility has been recently renovated with clean lines and a serene, modern sense of design. The location is just off the main business street and very central, convenient both for public transportation and taxis to other parts of the city. It has a great lobby bar and a very active and well-equiped health club. The best part, as usual, is the welcome I always receive. From the doorman on, the staff very kindly remembers me and my likes, and makes me feel like I am coming home. Special kudos to Victor and Agata on the concierge staff who always go the extra mile. My thanks to them and the great managewment team for one more comfortable visit!

Room Tip: Book the Deluxe Plus which has a small patio door that opens to let in fresh air.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Mr. George B,

We are very thankful and proud to receive your great comments regarding your experiences at our hotel.

It is great to know that the hotel renovation has pleased you and that you enjoyed the fitness center with top-notch equipments for your trainings.

Located in a very privileged area in São Paulo, our hotel is very handy for shopping, cultural sightseeing, restaurants and also for the business area.

It is a great honor to be known by the service provided by our team during our guests' stay. What a great comment regarding our staff members!
We thank you again for that. Your remarks about Agata and Victor were already forwarded for further acknowledgement for having provided such memorable experiences while staying with us.

Your comments are very enthusiastic indeed and certainly compelled us to pursue extraordinary ways to provide real InterContinental experiences to our guests.

Once again, Mr. George B, we want to thank you for your review and it will be a great pleasure to welcoming you soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2013

On another business trip, and was happy to be booked at the Intercontinental. It is conveniently located to almost anything you need....business, shopping and entertainment. The staff is very considerate and informative and is happy to help you with any small details. The rooms are clean and well-appointed. Overall, a quality and experience and one I would recommend highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mr. WorldTraveler55711,

What a great review about your recent visit at our hotel and the services provided by our staff!

We just want to thank you so much for your comments.

It is such a happiness to know that you felt deeply happy to have had us as your lodging option in São Paulo city. This is an amazing compliment and we also have already shared your review with our staff members.

Thank you once again, Mr. WorldTraveler55711, for your kind words! We do look forward to seeing you again soon at our hotel.

Our very best regards,

DF
Reviewed April 18, 2013

As you can imagine after a long flight arriving at middle of the night you expect to get to your room and rest. Unfortunately the reserve was not registered properly. The room assign 1107 a nightmare you hear lift up and down do not accept any room ending 07. They moved after 2 nights. Turn down is inconsistent, cleanliness just see the bath photo. Wifi was upgraded but worked worst, I ask for help as my room was not done at 5 pm the Front Manager just said I will see what's wrong with house keeping and leave a msg at your room You receive it because I did not. They have trainees and I understand the need but do not let them manage without supervising nor empowerment. They called me because they want me out again a confusion on the reserve why not trainees errors again. They also over charge twice the breakfast, I waited again due to trainees while I was waiting the Manager simply left because her shift was over as you may understand that's what trainees Lear. Lack off commitment and responsibility. Shame in management the irresponsible Front Office Manager name is Carolina F.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending 07
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Turista2000
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Turista2000,

At first we would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent experience at InterContinental São Paulo.

I hereby apologize for any inconvenience that might have happened during your stay with us and on behalf of my entire team we also regret for felling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, it is highly important to explain some possible misunderstandings:

Your reservation was previously confirmed for a day after your actual arrival at our hotel and considering your comfort we adjusted the day of your arrival. On the other hand, we did not change your departure date. We deeply apologize for this flaw in our procedure.

It is essential to highlight that our front desk manager, Carolina and her team struggled to talk to you; nonetheless, we did not succeed. A special amenity with a carefully written letter was supposed to be delivered in your room but a “Do not disturb” sign was on your door and that is why we were unable to reach you again.

There are some guests that require staying near the lifts and so far we have not received any complains from our guests. It is highly recommended to inform your personal preferences during the reservation process so that we can cautiously choose a room far from the lifts for you.

Lately, we have received some good compliments regarding our internet quality and I do apologize for not meeting up to your expectations.

We continuously provide trainings about different subjects to encourage our trainees and our employees to enable a great service experience to our guests and my team is usually acknowledged for that.

Thank you again for your comments, Mr. Turista2000, and I hope to see you at our hotel so that my team and I can guarantee our standards in a future opportunity.

Francisco Garcia
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would like to recognize this hotel for helping me and providing excellent service when I was not even a guest there. Seeking Brazilians that spoke well English I found exactly what I was looking for. The concierge desk took their time helping me with all my queries and were very helpful. If you want good service from professional english-speaking employees I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear AgnesBing,

Thank you for sharing this great review regarding the services provided by our staff.

Our team was very happy with the compliments received. We understand that the first step to service excellence is always assisting people in the most appropriate and helpful way.

It was great reading and sharing your comments with our entire team. Certainly this is what moves us forward.

We are very thankful, AgnesBing! It will be a pleasure to assist you again in any future opportunity.

Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel March 2013 for 10 days, and I have to say that next to any other Hotel I stayed in Brasil it was one of the best services i got.
All employees are extremely friendly and try to help at any occasion. Food is good and location is great.
There is one employee that showed a lot of managing skills and extremely nice, her name is Amanda, speak a perfect English and is always there to help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacques O
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Jacques O,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feelings and impressions about our hotel.

We feel very honoured to know that you appreciated the services provided by our team. Comments like the ones you shared, certainly moves us forward to achieve the excellence in service.

It is also a great joy that your enjoyed our location and the food served at our Tarsila restaurant.

Your comments were forwarded to our team in order to acknowledge our team member Amanda.

We are very thankful to receiving your review and it will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at InterContinental São Paulo.