I stayed at this hotel from 12/25/12 - 12/29/12. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. It is in a beautiful location, only a block away from Av. Paulista. Turndown service is great. The rooms are a nice size and very clean. The balcony on the room is a nice touch and gives a view of other downtown buildings. The staff is friendly and most speak English. However, they are not the most accommodating. One of the benefits of being an InterContinental Ambassador is an airport chaffeur service with better rates. When we asked about this, we were told that we would receive the same rate as other guests which was 180 reals. I do have to say, I was recognized as a Platinum InterContinental Ambassador and given the complimentary fruit and water in the room upon arrival, and daily complimentary water. And we were also upgraded, which was nice.
My friend was given two drink coupons for signing up with Intercontinental Ambassador on this trip. But she didn't want the caiparinha as she doesn't drink hard liquor, and she was told that was the only drink she could get. They would not give her a glass of wine. So she told a front desk person, who immediately said she could get a glass of wine instead of the caiparinha.
It just doesn't seem like the staff was willing to be accommodating, and said more 'No's then 'Yes's.
Would I stay here again? On points, yes. But I wouldn't pay for it myself, because I would expect more for spending my hard earned money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sao Paulo is a luxury hotel that offers contemporary elegance at its best. Located right in the heart of the city and one block away from the financial and commercial area, Paulista Avenue, this hotel will entice you to experience the best side of the city during your holidays with free high speed internet, well equipped Fitness Center area and an outdoor pool. Surrounding attractions include the Shopping Cidade São Paulo and the Trianon Park among other venues for entertainment. Guests will be delighted with the flavors from our authentic cuisine at the cozy and friendly Tarsila restaurant atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Sao Paulo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Intercontinental
- InterContinental Sao Paulo Brazil