InterContinental Sao Paulo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo(Sao Paulo)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
1,711 results
All reviewsjean pierrethe club loungespecial thankspaulista avenueroom servicewonderful stayamazing hotelother hotelsan upgradefitness centergreat roomoutdoor poolsafe areabusiness triplocation is greatbusiness travelerlobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If all hotels could deliver this level of service I would be a happy traveller indeed. From email confirmation prior to arrival to ask if there was anything they could assist with to the smiles and friendliness of the porters and drivers there was nothing to fault during my 5 night stay.

The location is really central - just of Avenida Paulista where a bunch of the main business offices are located. There are some great lanchonettes (buffet style lunch places), sushi, italian and grills just around the corner and the upmarket leafy streets of Jardims are about a 15 minute walk away. Obviously, safety is a concern at the moment in SP, but I found this area to be fine. All staff were happy to give us recommendations of good places to eat, show us on the map and also book reservations.

Rooms are simply comfortable. Nothing to fault. Little things like diffusers on the hairdryers, nail files and cotton pads make a difference to us women travellers and the partnership with L'Occitane bathroom products is great. There are plenty of plush towels and pillows and laundry service, whilst not cheap was excellent.

Service and queries were dealt with promptly and always with a smile. I speak Portuguese but the English of staff was pefect.

I have to especially mention Victor who oversees the Ambassadors and Club lounge. Although it was my birthday the day before I checked into the hotel, he organised a bottle of champagne and a chocolate cake to be delivered to me room with a card signed by staff. Truly speechless at this amazingly kind gesture - something I would never have expected from a hotel. AMAZING.

We stayed during the F1 race and although the hotel was busy it did not feel like it. I still felt special and welcomed. We were advised on the easiest way to get to the race on public transport.

Breakfast has ample choice with a special Japanese section. There are made to order omlettes and eggs, great selection of fruit and standard breakfast fare. A minor gripe would be that the cereals on offer tend to be very sugary and there are none of the standard low sugar museli/Allbran/Special K brands - however I think this is more due to local taste.

I did not use the gym on this occasion but in the past have found it to be perfectly adequate and the 24hr access is a plus.

I would definitely recommend for business and also for pleasure if you happen to find yourself in Sao Paolo. To sum up a truly international class hotel and compliements to all the staff who strive to make it such a personable experience.

Room Tip: All seem to be good - some are more recently refurbished.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NiaNat
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Mrs. NiaNat,

It is a great pleasure to have your comments shared on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for taking your time to share your flawless experience at InterContinental São Paulo hotel. We feel truly honored to have had you as a guest of our hotel and we would like to express our gratitude through this response.

Our biggest concern is to make our guests feel the most comfortable and welcomed by our staff as possible and that is exactly what your posting shows. Certainly it is fascinating to provide the best service to our guests and please them with our concierge recommendations.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the surprise Victor has prepared for you with flying colors. It really made your stay even more unforgettable. Your comments about Victor were already forwarded to our human resources department.

What a great happiness to know that you appreciated our in-room amenities, our spacious and comfortable rooms. Most of our rooms were refurbished to enable a pleasant and accommodating stay.

Your remark about the cereals offered during our breakfast was really worthy for us. It is important to know that our restaurant manager has already included more two different low sugar/ low fat cereals types. Thank you for this great insight!

Mrs. NiaNat, thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went to Intercontinental the first day we arrived in Brazil. First impression was great. Staff is friendly and helpful and the hotel is beautiful. We traveled there for a wedding (which was beyond compare). We were only there for 2 nights, but I wish we could have stayed longer. My husband and I wandered out after dark, which I found was not something you should do, but I felt safe when we walked a couple of blocks. Also, museums are close, a plus for anyone interested in that area. If we had more time we would have visited a couple. Overall, amazing hotel, fabulous staff and a must in Sao Paulo!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for sharing your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is just amazing that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental São Paulo and that you appreciated the service provided by our fabulous staff. Certainly, we feel very proud to be considered a beautiful and amazing hotel.

The hotel is located in a very good neighborhood in São Paulo where the most important events happen, famous museums, streets and great restaurants are all nearby. However, as we are in a big city we advise our guests to be cautious when walking around the city.

Thank you once again! We do look forward to welcoming you back again and we hope that you stay longer on your next trip to Brazil!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Last summer, my partner and I had the opportunity to experience the great services offered at the Intercontinental Sao Paulo.
I have to highlight the outstanding service provided at the front desk and concierge services that were very helpful and the best of all, with the smile and recognizing you as a Priority Club Member.
The room was impeccable clean and the public areas also always well cared which make our moments while in the hotel so relaxing you can feel as if you are in a spa.
The Hotel, which is extremely well located on Alameda Santos, is a block away from Av. Paulista where you can literally walk to malls, restaurants, bars, and museums.
If you happen to need to take public transportation, there is no worry about it because the hotel is just a few minutes walk from the subway stations and bus stops.
The Hotel itself offers amenities like business center, and also a well-equipped fitness center where I spent a great time working out and feeling just as I was in my fitness center back home in NYC.
The Restaurant Tarsila inside the hotel is a must place to try and the food (French) is to die for with an amazing staff always very helpful.
I would truly recommend this hotel as the place to be if you happen to come to Sao Paulo for business or leisure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank novayorknumaboa
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Mr. novayorknumaboa,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is a great joy to know that you enjoyed the services provided by concierge team and that you appreciated the amazing Tarsila restaurant food. Guests can find top-notch equipments at our fitness center.

Our guests love the InterContinental location. It is just near the most important and famous addresses in São Paulo city.

We struggle to provide a relaxing atmosphere to our guests and we feel very happy that you could feel it while staying with us.

Thank you once again, Mr. novayorknumaboa, for your loyalty as our valued Priority Club Member and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a great hotel in a very nice part of town. We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was spacious. They put an extra bed for our daughter. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. The pool was not that great. The views are average cos the place is surrounded by just tall buildings. The are called Jardins where this hotel is located is very classy, clean and safe. We walked around till very late.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok, no great views cos it is surrounded by very tall office buildings
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rasin11025
InterContinentalSP, Manager at InterContinental Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Mr. rasin11025,

It is a great pleasure to have your comments shared on TripAdvisor regarding your experiences at InterContinental São Paulo. Thank you so much!

It is with great joy that we learn that our guests love our staff service as we pursue ways to make guests experiences a lot more special and memorable.

Our rooms are spacious to meet our guests’ needs providing a lot more comfort. We feel sorry that you did not appreciate our pool where a sunbath area is provided and the pool is basically for relaxing after a tiring working day.

The hotel is amazinly located in a very charming area of the city with so many great restaurants options, coffee shops, sightseeing and museums. Although the area is safe we always advise our guests to take good care while walking around as in any other bustling city as São Paulo.

Almost everything takes place near Paulista avenue where we are located just one block away surrounded by modern skyscrapers. For a better view we recommend our guests to get a pool view on a higher floor where guests can get a panoramic view from the city.

Thank you again, Mr. rasin11025, and if your travels bring you back to São Paulo city we hope to be your lodging option and certainly we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel a lot and I can tell immediately if a hotel is doing a good job. From the moment I was greeted at the door of the São Paulo Intercontinental Hotel I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. My wife was with me and her reaction was the same. The staff did a great job and the hotel is in a great location. Every person on their team did a great job.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Bud M,

It is our entire pleasure to receive your comments regarding your experience at InterContinental São Paulo.

We feel very proud to know that you and your wife could notice the quality of our staff service from the moment you stepped inside our hotel. This great compliment was forwarded to our whole team as a result of our efforts and our eagerness to provide great hotels guests love.

Thank you once again, Mr. Bud M, for sharing your comments and should your travels bring you back to São Paulo city, it will be a pleasure to be your lodging option.

Our very best regards,