“Very nice and good portions”
Review of Santovino Ristorante - CLOSED

Santovino Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jardins
Description: Santovino is located at the very best location of Sao Paulo, in the neighborhood of Jardins. The restaurant offers one of the best modern Italian food in Sao Paulo. Try our external area for a relaxing afternoon with some of our best selection of wines. Our wine menu was elected the best of Brazil in 2012 by Prazeres da Mesa Prize.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you don't have enormous expectations on the genuinity of its claimed italian cuisine, you will have a very good dinner...large portions, very nice interiors and nice people. Usual 120/150R$ price per dinner

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food does not surprise us, the risotto that my wife asked was disappointing (funghi). The wine, an Argentinean, Pinot Noir, was "so so". The service is poor, and still charge 12% and in Brazil it uses to be 10%. I and my wife don't recommend. There are a lot of better restaurants in São Paulo to go and enjoy.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to eat there after reading the excelent reviews. The place is nice, clean and well-kept, service is very good and reasonable choices of wine. Prices are not overpriced and reasonable for this category of very good restaurant. We went for lunch on a Saturday arriving early for Brazil time, just before 1:00 p.m. and so we did not have reservation, it was a hot day so we stayed inside with air conditioning. The slow cooked beef on red wine sauce was delicious, the dessert made of dark chocolate was very tasty and different. It is a pleasure to recomend such an outstanding restaurant in a city that has so many choices of good places to eat!

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Santovino after reading the wonderful reviews.

The Italian food is very very good. I had the gnocchi with osso bucco ragou which was delicious, rich sauce, well cooked. The food was faultless but the service was very strange...

We arrived early for Sao Paulo, 8pm, & was shown to our table by the head waiter. He proceeded to give us our menu & remained next us tapping his pen and questioning whether we had chosen...he stayed like this for 10 minutes while we looked at the menu & discussed what we might like. Every now & then we were interrupted with sighs and pen tapping and leaning over us pointing at the menu saying 'you want that?'...very strange! We were pleased when the restaurant started to fill and he had more to do!

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for good quality, reasonably priced Italian... Don't go early if you don't like to perform under pressure!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've lived in São Paulo for almost thirty years AND I love Italian food, AND I have a short list of favorites. To celebrate Easter I wanted to try something new and was curious about the high ratings Santovino earned. They are well deserved. It's one of the better meals I've had in this overspriced and overrated city. The food is exquisite, the service is competent and the price fair. The menu is varied, creative and complete.