“Great hotel in a nice location”
Review of Clarion Faria Lima

Clarion Faria Lima
Ranked #13 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
NYC
“Great hotel in a nice location”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Overall: Nice hotel that is clearly trying to stay fresh and new-looking even though you can tell it’s kind of old. It was a very good value and I’d definitely stay here again.

Location: In the Itaim Bibi area. Not far from the park, but you need to take a cab there. It’s walking distance from a bunch of very nice restaurants and also a short walk to one of Sao Paulo’s upscale shopping malls. The area wasn’t as busy and congested as the center city area, and I liked that.

Rooms: We got a superior double room. It was fairly spacious and clean and had a queen bed with comfortable bedding and pillows. I slept very well. The room also had a desk and a separate table with chairs. The bathroom was kind of cramped, but it was clean and the water pressure was excellent and the towels were big. Each room has a mini balcony, which is nice. We were on the first floor. If you’re staying for awhile, I’d ask for a higher floor because the views are actually pretty good. Free wifi worked well.

Breakfast & Amenities: Breakfast was really nice. It was a in a lovely room with big open windows that made eating there more enjoyable. The food itself was good – nothing extraordinary though. The hotel has a gym and a pool, however we stayed only 2 nights and never used either.

Service: Staff was OK. They were helpful, but their English wasn’t so great so it was harder to get the information we needed.

Restaurant Recommendations: The Park & Due Cuochi Cucina (both right down the block)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYCTraveller999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Barcelona, España
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My stay in this hotel was quite good.
The rooms were nice and 100% clean.

Maybe the personel was not so efficient as needed for such qualitiy hotel.
For instance, they do not speak english enough as is requested on this kind of hotel.
Also, the reception staff is quite slow and not efficient at all! I have forgotten some important belongings in my rooms, when I realized it it was late on the evening at the airport. I called the receptionist but house keeping manager was not in the hotel. When I called back after a long return flight to Spain they told me that they were trying to contact house keeping manager but during wait to call was interrupted and I called again and they explained me that they will take my phone number and call me back as soon as they have any news.
This was last friday and I am still waiting for the call! I have called them yesterday but they do not want to put me through with the manager: I also told them that I will pay for the inconvenience and will give my UPS client number to pay the expedition!
Nevertheless I am still waiting and check if they can give me a solution!!!!!
I hope that this way will be helpfull!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank acaz81
Dublin
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The rooms were very nice, if a little small, but very clean and modern. The area is very nice, lots of cafes and restaurants near by. They give a free drink from their (small) bar which is a very nice thought. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 14, 2011

i've been in a lot of hotels in sao paulo, even hilton, unique, renaissence... and Clarion is better! In Clarion i feel like home, the crew knews me, call me by my name... in the others i felt more like a number... Tks!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iltda
ggeralclfl, General Manager at Clarion Faria Lima, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Member,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions regarding the clarion faria lima hotel.
Me and my team were very proud to hear your compliments.

It´s truly a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to have to oportunity to host you again in a near future.

Kind Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Our room was not so big, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, it was a very noisy weekend with people talking in the corridor late in the night and we could hear the sound of the tap and the shower from the other room.

The hotel staff was very helpful. Breakfast buffet was good.

The hotel is close to many trendy restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kafkanapraia
ggeralclfl, General Manager at Clarion Faria Lima, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions regarding our hotel.
We believe listening to our guests is the best way to constantly improve our services and structure.

During the period of your stay there was an U2 concert in Sao Paulo, we had many guests in house that went to the concert and came back late that night. I am very sorry this disturbed you.

Thank you for your compliments, I will divide them with my team.

Hope to have the chance to host you again at the Clarion Faria Lima.

Kind Regards,

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst we were in Sao Paulo to go to the Grand Prix. This was our first trip to South America, and we were pleasantly surprised and impressed with this particular hotel. Certainly the hotels that we stayed in subsequently were not as nice.
The room was not large, but the bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The plumbing was very loud, but only at peak times. Breakfast was fine, and the service friendly. The unexpected delight was the fantastic view we had from our balcony ! It looked over the Jardin neigbourhood towards the city centre, and the city skyline was stunning. We were on the 15th floor. I suspect that only about a quarter of the rooms in this hotel have this stunning view, as there are other high rise blocks nearby which would block it.
The other thing we particularly liked was the variety of restuarants nearby. We ate at an Italian on Amauri, Pagiri, which was the best steak I ate all holiday. There is also a really nice bar/grill on the same road as the hotel, which was great for people watching.
This hotel was just right for our purposes, as it was just 30 minutes drive to the grand prix track, and 30 minutes to the airport.
As a note - Dont let your credit cards out of your sight when in restaurants etc. Ours was cloned subsequently in Buzios which was really quite inconvenient

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GN&CB
ggeralclfl, General Manager at Clarion Faria Lima, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel.

We are very proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice time at Sao Paulo.
I will share with my team your compliments about the service.

We hope to have the oportunity to host you again in a near future.

Thank you again.

London
Reviewed March 8, 2007

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our Latin American tour. Tripadvisor is our favourite website to draw on opinions about hotels and we got very concerned about no reviews of this hotel on the website. So honestly we were expecting the worst.

Luckily our worst expectations did not materialise, but neither did the best. An honest opinion about Clarion Europa is that it is a solid 3 star hotel. We are experienced travellers who like their comforts and in our opinion 4 stars is a stretch.

The rooms are clean, air conditioned, with probably the best beds for a good night sleep (we managed a few 12 hour sleeps!). But they are also small and the bathroom in our room was particularly tiny.

The hotel location is not in Jardin (as the name may suggest), but in Itaim. These days, however, Itaim is a much nicer neighbourhood of Sao Paolo and hotel is close to some very nice restaurants and bars. Enjoy simple breakfast at the hotel (if it's part of your package), but at night most certainly go out to eat!

Sao Paolo is not safe these days, but neighbourhood around the hotel is very upmarket and you can comfortably walk around. If you're into shopping, Iguatemi is very close by, but we found it expensive (and we are from London!). Frei Caneca is a nice alternative, but if you're travelling around Latin America leave shopping until Buenos Aires - shopper's paradise!

Hotel staff was very helpful, but be prepared that English is very limited anywhere in Brazil and do invest in a phrase book, you will be surprised how much it will help.

Hotel facilties, however, could do with an upgrade. The swimming pool is heated even in 31C heat! It was like swimming in a soup. The spa is open at very peculiar hours and the treatments are on the expensive side. The gym is small and the pictures of it on the website are not realistic.

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay for the price we paid (USD100 a night incl. breakfast). If you are after something special, this hotel is not for you.

Stayed February 2007