This is a typical big Holiday Inn, efficient, clean, polite and helpful staff, business based and generally OK.
It is not a hotel for those wishing to take a vacation in Sao Paulo however. It is located well away from the centre of the city and has nothing around it for some distance except exhibition centres, the old airport and the Samba-parade ground. Opposite is a 12 lane motorway!
The staff were very helpful when we showed up at 5.30am but were not booked in until the afternoon. They found us both a room within minutes. later they gave good advice on where to go and also where to eat. The "business centre" also helped by booking us a private tour of Sao Paulo on our one free day.
The food for breakfast is pretty good with a wide selection catering for all tastes. Breakfast can get busy at times as this a big hotel with a lot of guests. We never ate dinner there so cannot comment. We dis however make a meal in the bar with steak sandwiches and beer and these were very OK. Prices are on the high side for Brasil. Much cheaper to eat elsewhere and get very good food and service.
My only real complaint was the dirty net curtains in my room. It was a smoking room but they clearly had not been washed for a long time and had taken on a filthy yellow to grey colour. (I know, I know, I should not smoke!)
If you are in Sao Paulo for exhibitions then these are all nearby, some within 5 minutes walk.
It is right next to the Samba-Parade ground. This is used at certain times for the carnival but more often for rock and other concerts. It can be noisy with the dull bass beat self evident. It wasn't awful, but if you demand silence to go to sleep then look elsewhere (though I can't say where as the only other big hotel (Novotel) was next to a really busy road junction.)
A good business type hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel is located just beside the Anhembi Convention and the Exhibition Center (the largest in Latin America). We are also close to SÃ£o Paulo's main expressways, making easy the access to the entire Northern zone of the city. The Anhembi Convention and Exhibition Center are available for up to 18.000 people and the Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel is the closest hotel to the Convention Center. Just 4 minutes walking. Located across the street from one of the largest Brazil's Carnival Parade, the Sambodromo. Free shuttles to a Shopping Malls. Welcome to Sao Paulo and welcome to the Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel. Sejam Bem Vindos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel Sao Paulo
- Holiday Inn Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Sao Paulo, Brazil