“Terrible Hotel in Sao Paulo Brazil”

Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi
Ranked #39 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Lisbon, Portugal
“Terrible Hotel in Sao Paulo Brazil”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Holiday Inn, is very close to exhibition center Parque Anhembi, so for visitors, to exhibition, is very well located. But that is all. Everything else is a nightmare, from reception, at least one hour for check in, people behind reception, have no idea what they are doing, as sometimes, three, people to make a chck in to one gusts, so they are not able to solve any problem. Where is the manager? To go up to rooms, you need at least 20 minutes during rush hour, to come down, some problem. Wifi, is a joke, it doesn't work, if you insist, they will provide a router, but you have to, insist, as otherwise, they say there is not available. Breakfast, terrible, poor quality. Price for quality extremely hight.

Room Tip: You need to ask for upgrade, and of course they will charge for that.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ernanim
Mkt H, New Business Analyst & E-commerce at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi. We are sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction.

We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. We try our hardest to satisfy all of our guest requests and we feel sorry that we did not meet your satisfaction.
Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely
New Business Analyst & E-commerce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I think that such a huge hotel should engage much more resources.Too many details are not properly handled, in terms of service,housekeeping, mainteinace, media connections, I arrived in the early morning and I had to wait for about 3 hours to have my room ready, and just thank to the personal involvement of a professional and kind trainee receptionist named Camila, I did not wait for a longer time.
During my waiting time, they allowed me to have breakfast, but since I didn't check in yet, I had to pay!
In my 9 days stay I asked several time to fix the flush of my toilet, but I had to quit asking and flush manually....The WiFi connection did not work for the whole stay. The indoor swimming pool should be renewed. Three plus : the breakfast buffet, particularly rich and vairious, the room service, that can be considered efficient and fast, compared to other services of the hotel. I must be true, the accomodation has been bearable, but if I should choose, I would obviously go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mkt H, New Business Analyst & E-commerce at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear francydt

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us to improve to provide the best guest experience possible We try our hardest to satisfy your guests and we do apologies that our hotel doesn't match your expectation

We will review all the failure points to avoid similar situations in the future. Despite of the challenges you faced we were pleased to note that you appreciated some of our hotel service. We hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The rooms were clean, due to the use of tons and tons of bleach. Everything seemed fine until the next morning at around 10:30 when I tried to check out. That's when the nightmare began. No in-room checkout was available (already a bad sign) so I had to go downstairs with my luggage to check out. I looked at a very long line of people (one line for both checking in and checking out) and asked one of the uniformed fellows standing by whether I really had to wait through that line just to be able to leave. The answer, unfortunately, was yes. I stood there in that line for ****50**** minutes! There were only two people behind the desk, and they were both engaged in endless negotiations with the people they were helping, and studiously avoiding all of the rest of us. They knew we were waiting there and they honestly flat out did not care. I had heard that in Brazil long lines are to be expected, but in this case the Brazilians themselves were putting up quite a fuss. At one point one of the women behind the desk pulled a whole group of people out of the middle of the line -- far behind me -- and started helping them one by one. If I spoke Portuguese I could have screamed along with everyone else. And if I had been in Brazil before, and understood their system better, I might have had some reassurance that I could have just handed them the room key with my room written on it and walked out. But as I couldn't be sure, I had to stand there, stand there, and stand there. When I finally got to the desk, close to tears (and I'm not the crying sort), it took me only two minutes to hand over my key, state my room number, and walk out. Travellers beware! The people at the desk just flat out don't care.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mkt H, New Business Analyst & E-commerce at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Amy G,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi São Paulo. We are sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction towards our check-out.

We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. We try our hardest to satisfy all of our guest and we feel sorry that we did not meet your satisfaction.

Sheffield
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having stayed two nights on business, I only got a quick impression. Stayed 2nd / 3rd May.....Indy weekend !.

Service from all the staff could not be faulted. They were all really helpful. Rooms were clean and bed comfortable. Only one thing.....I could not find one english speaking channel out of about 80 channels.

Breakfast pretty good..........really good eggs.

Location is a bit out of it but it was just across the road from our meeting venue, so fine for us. Got a taxi to OK Barbeque for dinner.........good food.

So if I needed to be in this area, I would stay here again. Nothing flash but more than acceptable................

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nodge

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are very pleased that you were happy with your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel.

guilherme.chagas@holidayanhembi.com.br
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed May 2, 2013

What can I say about this hotel......Well, before I go on a trip to a new location, I have a thorough vetting process; which includes viewing the reviews on TA. I am not going to lie to you, after reading the negative reviews here on TA, I was less than thrilled. However, my group (5ppl) was already booked for 11 nights, so there wasn't much I could do. We booked this hotel, as we were there for an Expo at the convention center next door, so it was extremely convenient.

After my experience at this hotel, I can tell you all that I was pleasantly surprised and didn't find the hotel all that bad. Yes, this place is HUGE. This is probably why so many complaints come in from guests. It is hard to run an operation of this size and not get any complaints. Since flights land at GRU all hours of the night, there is almost always a line at the front desk. I can tell you that we checked in on a Thursday late morning and walked right up to the counter and was allowed to check in early. SCORE! The person who assisted with my check-in was Clarianna. She was AWESOME and throughout my entire trip, she always seemed to be at the front desk, so I didn't even bother trying to speak with anyone else. I had a Queen bed room and it was of adequate size and found it to be very comfortable. The internet has three choices of speed and two of them cost extra. The 256k speed is free and is extremely slow and yes, service was spotty at best, but I noticed that when we first check-in the internet service was better, as there weren't as many people using it. When the masses check-in a few days after us, the service was horrible. Oh, and the Cable service was in and out as well, but I didn't much mind that.

Is the hotel out of the way and not close to anything? Kind of sort of. I took advantage of the shuttle van that will drop you off at the Mall or train station. I found this to be very convenient. We went to the Mall an awful lot, but there are some really good places to eat there and took advantage of the grocery store there to purchase water, beer, and incidentals. As for the train, we rode it several times to go sight seeing. Was it scary, at first it was, because you always hear how unsafe Sao Paulo is. Well, we rode to and from the Mercado (with a little walk) and to Paulista Ave and had absolutely no trouble. As with anything, if you use common sense, you should be fine.

As far as close places to eat, there are two restaurants within 5~10min walk across the street at the airport (Bar Brahma Aeroclub and Heliponto Bar). Do yourself a favor and go to both of these places, they are great. Especially Bar Brahma. Great food and live music every night of the week. Trust me, you want to do this, as the hotel restaurant and bar are EXPENSIVE!!!!!

On the last few days, I noticed that across the street, there seemed to be some preparation for a festival of sorts, as a large stage was being erected. Turns out there was going to be two concerts. The first which was on Thursday even, was a Rave of sorts and the music absolutely shook the hotel, it was so loud. Thank goodness it was over by 2am. Sounds late, but everything happens later in Brazil. The second concert was Saturday and it was the "The Cure". I happen to like this band, so I was excited to hear it. At night we were able to stand on the 6th floor fire escape and see the entire concert. That was pretty Sweet!

All in all, my stay at this hotel was the greatest, but I enjoyed and it was better than a kick in the pants.....

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room on the side of the river, as their is an airport on the opposite side and ther...
2 Thank AZ_KOTA
Mkt H, New Business Analyst & E-commerce at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thanks for sharing your opinion about the Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi.

We are constantly looking for excellence in the quality of our services trying to keep our customers always satisfied.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has good points - the rooms are comfortable, and the food is pretty tasty on the whole (3 meals served each day). The location is ok, you'll need a shuttle+metro or a taxi to get into town, but if you're here for a conference or expo obviously it's right on your doorstep. It's a good, solid base in the city.

The bad bits are that the hotel is massive, so there are always tons of people around, especially at reception, so getting service is difficult. The lifts are terrible and it can take ages to get anywhere! The hotel is also pretty chilly, and getting the temp right in the rooms is hard.

• Stayed April 2013
Mkt H, New Business Analyst & E-commerce at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing your opinion about the Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 9, 2013

3 min.s walk to Sao Paulo convention center. clean room with a not-too-bad bed. the single bed might be too small for bigger guy.
Breakfast is fresh but they the selection remain the same for the week while I stay.
Restaurant price is bit high, there are no other restaurant around. nearest shopping mall is 15~20min by car.
Reception is veeeeeeeery slow, sugest allow 30 min for check in or out.
recommend for exhibitor or visitor for show.

Room Tip: Aware the reception is slow
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mkt H, New Business Analyst & E-commerce at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Mr. linyuan

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi São Paulo. We are sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction towards our Front Desk service. We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future.
We tried our best to justify our prices through our excellence in service, food quality and great variety.

Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi