2008, 2010, 2012 - and they did not improve! Unfortunately this is the case of a hotel that ignores developments. Situated favourably as a unique congress site in the megapolis of Sao Paulo, it offers about 700 rooms of the same kind. Surrounded by a big "nothing" (military camp, freeways, exposition area, sambodrome) it offers a close contact to the event (congress or carneval). After a complicate booking process by emails with changing contact persons You arrive to stand in a row awaiting more less English speaking front desk staff. Friendly, no question, but slow. Then, in the room, well quite used from the years, it is more less cleaned every day. Never ask for anything from the restaurant or housekeeping if You are not "Brasilero": Noone understands You. We waited twice about 2 hours for food in the afternoon. Because the restaurant is closed then. No roof top restaurant, just the one downstairs where You have Your breakfast buffet as well (about Euro 30 or Reals 70). Brown water called coffee in a country that used to be the world´s biggest exporteur of coffee beans. Espresso has to be paid extra. And the selection on the buffet ... well, mediocre. The service personal is not able to remove plates without letting them fall down. Noisy nights because of helicopters flying all night through, and because of the cars running all night trough as well. During our 7 days of stay we tried the swimming pool with our children, it is cold and there is just the pool and towels. And reaching the room was sometimes a problem. About 10 times we had to go back to the row at the check in desk to magnetize the room card again. It did not work in the elevator or even worse at the hotel door on the 5th floor. Then, priority club means in this hotel that You can talk to some more friendly people, that You get internet if You pay for it (24 hours free for all in the hotel room). But there is no recreation room, no English or European newspapers - no small extra. You stand in the same row dreaming of business hotel qualities... what a shame for Holiday Inn America! Did I tell already, that we paid Reals 670 each night? I would not be so excited if it would have been a small tiny hotel. By the way, even after complaining - no discount offer like in the US. But a book where we were offered to write into. We will write to the American Director instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel is located just beside the Anhembi Convention and the Exhibition Center (the largest in Latin America). We are also close to SÃ£o Paulo's main expressways, making easy the access to the entire Northern zone of the city. The Anhembi Convention and Exhibition Center are available for up to 18.000 people and the Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel is the closest hotel to the Convention Center. Just 2 minutes walking. Located across the street from one of the largest Brazil's Carnival Parade, the Sambodromo. Free shuttles to a Shopping Malls. Welcome to Sao Paulo and welcome to the Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel. Sejam Bem Vindos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Hotel Sao Paulo
- Holiday Inn Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Parque Anhembi Sao Paulo, Brazil