“Disappointed”

Modern Art Museum of Sao Paulo
Ranked #93 of 766 things to do in Sao Paulo
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It did not take long to view the exhibits in this museum. We were disappointed after having visited the Pinacoteca and the MASP the previous two days. However, the sculpture gardens nearby were fun and the nearby Museu Afro Brasil is terrific. If you don't have much time, skip this museum and go right to the Museu Afro Brasil.

1  Thank 613Traveler613

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Maybe I'm just not a modern art guy, but I found that the whole experience was not worth the small admission fee. When I visited they had an exhibit with a bunch of artists interpreting a theme revolving around surveillance in our modern world. Every description placard felt like overly wordy BS trying to make a simple piece of art sound complex and thought out.

I had just come from the Afro museum and I felt that place gave me richer emotions, even though all descriptions were in Portuguese there.

Summary is that the museum is clean and indeed modern, but maybe modern art just isn't for me. I tried to have an open mind but there wasn't much that caught my interest and I suggest trying the other places in the park first.

1  Thank Jordan L
Reviewed February 1, 2013

first, you need a lot of imagination to see what’s part of the exhibition and what’s simply part of the building. Second, you need an awful lot of imagination to actually see the artistical value of most of the stuff. Third, when you comply to the above mentioned criteria, the actual display is very small. The only (very) good thing is the restaurant.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Along with MASP and Pinacoteca, a must-go for art. It is located in the city's best park (Ibirapuera), and makes a good afternoon program.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Here you come to get inspired. Sao Paulo has more to offer than you think when it comes to modern art.