“Nice and huge park, so sunny”
Review of Ibirapuera Park

Private City Tour of São Paulo
Ranked #1 of 764 things to do in Sao Paulo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The emerald heart of an oftentimes gray city, São Paulo's Parque do Ibirapuera offers respite from the urban madness among cool, shady trees and mentally-stimulating structures. Running trails, bike paths, and yoga and capoeira sessions let locals and visitors alike keep fit, while a clutch of museums and galleries — such as the museums of Modern and Contemporary Art, all designed by master Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer — gives the brain a good workout. The impressive Museu Afro Brasil and fiery Auditório Ibirapuera are two of the park's treasures.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I knew from travelling guide that the park is big. However, I didn't think it's huge. I went to this place by Taxi. I spent around 3 hours walking happily in here.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice park in Sao Paulo - an oasis of peace and quiet in what is otherwise a very busy and noisy city. It is a little bit difficult to get to if using the subway. Has some nice museums in it. Lovely to have a stroll around on a nice day.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Walking through the city to get to the park I ended up crossing a pedestrian bridge over possibly the widest stretch of highway I'd ever seen. Below, So many lanes upon lanes and on and off ramps and even tunnels and looking left is a cityscape and looking right there are skyscrapers that way too. Behind me the city blocks that I was just walking, but ahead - ahead a lush landscape of trees!

Entering the park there are flowers and trees and with all the varied vegetation you can tell you are right on the Tropic of Capricorn. There are lots of pathways with runners, cyclists, rollerbladers and plenty of casual walkers.

The reason for coming here is for that feeling of escaping the city, and parque ibirapuera definitely satisfies that! You can find games if basketball or soccer to join too if that is your interest (I played some and despite the language barrier got along all right). There are plenty of water fountains and there seem to be places to eat in the park as well.

It is good place to spend perhaps half a day and relax, especially if you have 3-4 days in the megalopolis of São Paulo.

1  Thank Chesatamette
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We enjoyed/survived a family-style bike ride here with our friend and their young children on a busy Sao Paulo weekday holiday. Very busy! Bike rental process went relatively smoothly and seems to be a very popular way to trek across this large park. Of course since this is Brasil, helmets are not part of the equation. Thankfully we survived without them (as we did for decades).

Locals ride bikes just like they drive here (mentality seems to be, "I'm going to go where I want to and you need to deal with it."), so be prepared for some surprises. If I were a parent of a small child, I would not feel comfortable putting my helmetless baby on the back of a somewhat tipsy rental bike and heading down a path of bikers, walkers, joggers, skateboarders, in-ine skaters, etc., but that's just me. Locals do it, but they know better how to sail through it all.

Great way to see locals enjoying what seems to be limited green space in this expansive concrete jungle. Saw several birds as well!

You could spend the better part of a day here if so inclined, but plan to give yourself at least two hours if you rent a bike.

Lake near highway has dancing fountains, but we only saw them while driving past the park later in the day. Check times if you want to catch this fun display.

Don't miss this respite from the hustle and bustle of Sao Paulo!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a popular park for walkers, bicyclists, and skate boarders. Very family friendly. Museums, monuments, lakes and gardens.

Been to Ibirapuera Park? Share your experiences!