I'm currently staying here on business and regret my company's choice of this hotel. I stay in hotels all over the world and I have never experienced any hotel anywhere that does not have ironing facilities. Instead you have to pay over $10 per shirt to have them ironed...oh and that's another $3 or so if you want them back the same day...outrageous. That is a minor issue compared to the bedding which is a duvet sandwiched between two sheets which inevitably means that you end up sleeping with the duvet with no cover on it. This is so far from hygienic as to be laughable. If you have problems with your knees, good luck climbing in to the bath/shower as it requires a fairly flexible person to do so. The room is noisy during daylight from traffic and I'm on the 11th floor, fortunately, during the night it's a fairly quiet area so traffic noise is not an issue until about 5am. In any event the noise from the minibar would drown it out from time to time. As for watching TV in bed, forget it. Even extended on it's 'arm' as far as it can, you can only see 75% of the screen due to a pillar and if you're on the side nearest the TV you can hardly see anything. The internet connection is slow (and not that cheap) and drops in and out constantly.
The only thing that lifts this hotel out of a 1 rating is that the staff are charming, cheerful and helpful, just a shame that they are forced to apologise for the failings of what could be a nice hotel. Our company uses this hotel a lot and quite frankly I shall be recommending they find somewhere else. Disappointing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining a classic architecture with rich and unique Brazilian decoration in the middle of Berrini and Nacoes Unidas Avenues, the Gran Estanplaza Berrini has become the newest benchmark in service refinement in Sao Paulo. Its touch of opulence and charm fascinate the most sophisticated guests. Ideal for business travelers, the hotel offers a full structure of services and facilities such as workstation with high speed internet in all rooms, DVD, central air- conditioning, 2 balconies in each room, sitting area, cable TV, marble bathroom, business center and 24 hour room service. Featuring the fitnmess centre the guests can enjoy all the facilities of an urban Spa, such as massage, sauna, yoga and relaxing sessions without leaving the hotel. Enjoy the library with fireplace or the happy hour at the European- style cafe after having a nice dinner at the Paillard Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Estanplaza Berrini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Estanplaza Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Gran Estanplaza Hotel Sao Paulo
- Gran Estanplaza Berrini Sao Paulo, Brazil