I was impressed upon entering. They treat you like 5 star, invite you to sit for your check-in. The check-in is pleasant and everything clear with english-speaking receptionists.
After that is where the difficulties begin. For one, I was situated on the 16th floor, directly beneath the gym, so at 7:15am each day my room started vibrating with energetic music and instructor yelling from above, which is fine since I was jetlagged and up early anyways, but a bit stressful for working in my "business suite". On the one evening I was home at 8pm, I experienced the same bass-pumping.
Beyond that, service to the room is very untimely and of poor quality. Laundry promised to be delivered at 9am was delivered mid-day, and any food items ordered to the room needed to be called twice to ensure the order was put in and followed up.
On top of that I received random calls in the room, where I heard two people speaking (hotel staff speaking to one another). I alerted reception to this on Day 2 of my stay, but this continued on Days 3 and 4. Also, the reception never seemed to recognize my room by calling directly from my room; they kept saying "you are room 1601?" when I was 1602; this was used as an excuse one time for not delivering food I ordered.
The bed is OK, felt a little like my grandmother's mattress at first (springey and hard at touch), but in the end I slept fairly well on it.
The rooms are not well sound-proofed so I could hear my neighbors air-conditioner one night, and certainly the SP traffic in morning though that is to be expected in a city hotel.
Overall, the effort is good, the breakfast very good (good fruit, especially papaya!!), but there are some serious problems to be addressed by hotel management.
If you book a room here, avoid upper floors so you can avoid the gym noise, and don't count on any room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining a classic architecture with rich and unique Brazilian decoration in the middle of Berrini and Nacoes Unidas Avenues, the Gran Estanplaza Berrini has become the newest benchmark in service refinement in Sao Paulo. Its touch of opulence and charm fascinate the most sophisticated guests. Ideal for business travelers, the hotel offers a full structure of services and facilities such as workstation with high speed internet in all rooms, DVD, central air- conditioning, 2 balconies in each room, sitting area, cable TV, marble bathroom, business center and 24 hour room service. Featuring the fitnmess centre the guests can enjoy all the facilities of an urban Spa, such as massage, sauna, yoga and relaxing sessions without leaving the hotel. Enjoy the library with fireplace or the happy hour at the European- style cafe after having a nice dinner at the Paillard Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Estanplaza Berrini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Estanplaza Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Gran Estanplaza Hotel Sao Paulo
- Gran Estanplaza Berrini Sao Paulo, Brazil