“Great business hotel”

Ranked #43 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Utrecht, Netherlands
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

For business I stayed here 2x5 nights and it was great. Good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, great location. Tip: if your WiFi isn't working, they probably made a spelling mistake in your username or password. It happened to both me and my colleague both times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Alessandra R, Gerente de recepção at Quality Hotel Faria Lima, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Jasper,
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience here.
We are planning to improve our internet acess to avoid mistakes.
The staff will be very glad to hear your positive comments about the service.
We hope to see you soon.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel this week while attending a conference at the nearby university. I had second and third thoughts about staying at a Quality brand hotel - I try hard to avoid these in the US. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff here are wonderful - friendly and extremely helpful. They seem to never say nao.

The room is definitely not luxurious, but it is reasonable size, the bed is quite comfortable, the room is relatively quiet, the temperature control works well and is relatively quiet, the free wifi works perfectly, and the the desk is conducive to work. The free breakfast is reasonable and the nightly light dinner buffet was good. There is a large shopping mall very close by and the top floor has some good and inexpensive restaurants.

I awarded an extra * for the outstanding service. I will definitely stay here during my text visit to USP.

Room Tip: There is 24 hour construction around the hotel. Request a very high room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Soccer D
Alessandra R, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Faria Lima, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind comments about our structure and services. Our staff will be very happy to know that.
We hope to see you soon. Please let me know when you come back.
Thank you.
Paris
Reviewed November 28, 2011

nice room, nice view, nice breakfast. Convenient for business. Nice service, but problems with laundry (lost items) and directions (at front desk, hadn't heard of a street just a easy walk away ...). Restaurant not at all up to standard. Would give a good review if the restaurant was better ...

Room Tip: the higher the better !
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SJBo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Unfriendly management, tough on clients. There was an error in my booking date (January instead of February though the right day), made 4 months in advance via an agent. Neither noticed even though I was attending a huge conference taking place in February for which hundreds of people had booked at a reduced conference fee - showing that my booking was way out of line with the others. The Quality Faria charged my credit card for my "no show" in January without ever sending a warning email or a booking reminder like UK hotels do. When I discovered this they refused to refund the no show first night fee. They rebooked me into a Premium room which was more expensive that the Standard I had booked. On arrival Premium turned out to be identical to all Standard rooms, so I complained. They accepted it was identical but refused to reduce the price to Standard on the grounds it contained a kettle with a couple of tea bags and a bathrobe with slippers, even though I offered them to remove these items. Instead they claimed that Premium rooms get extras every day like a bowl of fruit, chocolates, a newspaper, free water, biscuits - but these mostly never arrived. Their welcome brochure promised an ironing service - but this was not actually on offer.
Swimming pool very small. Rooms on the small side. Breakfast just adequate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
ggeralqfl, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Faria Lima, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Thanks for providing your time giving us your comments here on TripAdvisor. Sorry about what happen on your hosting, however, it was handed to you the confirmation of your reservation with the expected date of check in and check-out. Still, in the same confirmation was the description of our no-show policy. So, you were aware at 4 months in advance of the reservation that was improperly made to you, because for us the agency gave us the date on which the reservation was made and we done correctly. Still, when you came to our hotel a month after the date that you made the reservation with us, we were with the hotel full booked and we accommodate you in our last room available, which was the premium category, which as you said it possessed several differential the other categories and according to this there was the fare difference. Still, to avoid what happened, we gave a discount on the fare premium to cover the amount charged to the no show in January, trying to minimize your dissatisfaction. We hope to help in the next opportunity.