“Very good for business” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Brasil
“Very good for business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Park Suítes ITC São Paulo is good hotel for business travelers. They have a friendly staff and are very well located, near some of the major companies in the city. The rooms are getting a little old and need some renovation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Bensheim, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booking / check-in / check-out experience: Already some troubles when my travel agent wanted to book the room; we had to have a Brazilian colleague finally make the arrangements. I stayed for two weeks and after the first week I was asked to pay already. I did (even though I found it strange) but then they had problems to make the bill to my company address (outside of Brazil) which I found astonishing because I was not the first employee from my company to stay there.
Room condition: In the first week of my stay it was very hot outside but I had to turn the air conditioning off during the night as it was very noisy. When outside temperatures dropped to 6°C it got really cold in the room (16°C) and the air con has no heating function. The bathroom was not cleaned every day; I found black hairs all over the place (and I have blond hair). In addition, the carpet floor was quite dirty and slippers were not provided.
Room service: The service employees did not speak any English at all and it was very difficult to explain to them what I wanted (e.g. another blanket). The ice I ordered to my room one night appeared on my bill at the end with R$3.50, I did not expect that! I spend lots of nights in all kinds of hotels all over the world and never had to pay for ice!
Breakfast: OK but everything was the same during the two weeks. The toaster broke in the first week of my stay and was never repaired/ replaced until I left. So you had to eat either untoasted toast or no toast at all... (and to be honest there was not much choice as an alternative).

I will come back here again but only because the hotel is so close to my office.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gan shomron
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for two nights.
The room was spacious but the shower room is small. A friend had a problem of flooding in his room and the same for another person.
The breakfast is average.
The fitness center is also average without supply of towels.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ahiitc, General Manager at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for evaluating Park Suites ITC.
I appreciate your comments. The rooms are being renovated and the bathrooms will be increased.
Towels for fitness are available at Front Desk.
In name from the team of the Park Suites ITC, I thank you again I hope that we will soon be able to receive you as our guest again!
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked with the intent to stay here for two weeks. I had to change my reservation arrival dates, and they refused to cancel my reservation more than 24 hours in advance, stating that I was only allowed to cancel 24 business hours in advance (I called them on a Sunday - they said I had to cancel by Friday since Sat/Sunday are not business days). This hotel was very unprofessional, and I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff regarding your reservation adjustment. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly or contact Corporate Customer Care at 1-800-967-9182.
KL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Check-in/out experience: They requested for my pre-authorisation which I am fine but to ask me to pay for it before I check-out is a bit too much for any guests. What they could do is to ask if customer mind for a 2 weeks pre-authorisation on their credit card.

Room condition: Old and needs to be renovated if possible. Luckily they attended to my request to change room quite efficiently via email but I was quite upset they only offered me one pair of slippers for my 2 weeks stay. This is the first time I encounter such experience. What I really hate in the room is the air conditioning. It is just too noisy from time to time and the remote is not in English at all.

Breakfast: Not much choices and everyday is the same thing.

Late Dinner: I was quite busy and have to get a in-room dining but what suprised me was that they don't have all the thing they listed after 10 or 11 pm. I don't blame them for this but better remove the menu to avoid confusion

Facilities: Gym is small and the pool is not very well maintained.

Overall, I would hope they could do the below to raise their service level:
a. Be less calculative especially a disposable slipper cost is so insignificant and I was there for 2 weeks.
b. More English speaking staff
c. More friendly - I am not Alien and I am just a normal human being same as you all. (Note: I am not local Brazilian Asian although I am not sure if that makes me feel that way as I met local people who thought I am local Chinese but when I start to speak, they are so warm and nice)

So far I am choosing to stay here with only 1 reason - distance to my office. I hope if I get to come back next time, I will feel better.
Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ahiitc, General Manager at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Mr, Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to send this evaluation.
I regret that your experience in the Park Suites ITC has not been satisfactory.
I would like to inform that we requested the pre-authorisation for just one week and your stay was two weeks. After the first week, we request another pre-authorisation or parcial payment of your rates. It´s a procedure to all the guests.
About the breakfast, did you miss something? It´s important to inform us to improve our service.
The slipper is available in Premium Suites and I offered it during your stay, as cortesy from the hotel.
I apologize and hope to be able to restore our relationship. Please feel free to contact me through my email or call me at before your next stay. It would be my pleasure to be able to receive you personally.

Best regards,
Reginaldo Cunha
DETBoulder
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel are very friendly, and all of them spoke English very well.

The room, however, was in definite need of an upgrade. The carpet was old and felt damp. The shower had mold in the grout, and after showering every morning, I had to clean up a small flood on the floor, and push the water into the drain in the floor so I wouldn't get my socks and clothes wet.

The air conditioning unit didn't work very well, and had some annoying lights on the ceiling unit that would blink on and off. Every two hours, the unit would beep 10 times, guaranteeing that I would not get a complete night's sleep, as I was awoken several times in the night.

The breakfast buffet in the morning is very good. There is a wide selection of just about anything you could want. This is definitely the highlight of the hotel.

I will stay here again, because I don't have many options near my office in Sao Paulo. Note that upon receiving my review (in response to a survey they sent me), the staff did respond and mention that the particular room I was in is being scheduled for a re-model, so I am hoping that next time I get a remodeled room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DETBoulder
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfect for business trip. Breakfast is comprible to typical buffets. Several sushi, italian, and traditional brazilian restaurants in the neighbourhood. Decent four floor mall to kill time right across the street. Good night life is only a 10 minute cab ride away. As good as anything you would get in Europe for sure. Sure staff do not speak a lot of English, but they do their best. There is a safe in the room for a reason. Use it.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank C-GCDN
ahiitc, General Manager at Radisson Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mr,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our evaluation form. I appreciate your comments and your complements!

Reginaldo Cunha