TRYP Sao Paulo Jesuino Arruda
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Melia Jardim Europa(Sao Paulo)
$144
Melia.com
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
$120
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Sao Paulo Pinheiros Hotel(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$86
$74
  • Pool
Wyndham Sao Paulo Berrini(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$55
$49
Bourbon Convention Ibirapuera(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$109
$57
$51
$190
  • Pool
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$74
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsitaim bibipriced hotelhotel guestssafe neighborhoodcomfortable bedexcellent locationpaulo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed for five nights at this hotel, well located, good rooms, and nice staff. Very good restaurant around.
I found very stupid as a company policy to charge R$40 per day ( 20 U$D) for internet connection when they have a free one, both are equally slow. Please be wise and upgrade your internet connection and include it on the room rate.

As a non smoker I was given a smoking room upon arrival, but as I complain, the recepcionist inmediately change my room.

TV channels are all in portugese, but one in japanese, and CNN. Also de quality of image and sound is poor, I belive that this two points are important for international travellers.
Good breakfast, rates are ok for Sao Pulo

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Vinicius_TrypJA, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Jesuino Arruda, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Robby Ferrari,
We thank you for your choice during your last stay in São Paulo and your comments.
Regarding the misunderstanding about the non-smoking room given to you upon your arrival, we would like to apologize and the responsible for this area have been notified and will take the necessary actions so it will not happen again.
Concerning the TV and the internet access we are in a open study to get them better always looking forward to suit all your needs.
Hopping to see you back soon in our hotels.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Location : located near a busy commercial street with lots of local clothes and drug stores. there are some Japanese and Italian restaurants near the hotel, but ask the hotel staff for directions. the shops close around 8 pm and streets are quiet after that. I have been told they are not too safe after that but did not venture out late to find out :) There are some offices within walking distance so its convenient.
Rooms are well appointed and quiet. The electric kettle in my room had a lid that would not shut. I forgot to tell reception for 2 days and it was not replaced when it was obvious the lid would not shut. Staff should look out for things like that.
There are only 2 TV channels in English - CNN and Fox. bring a book.
The gym is small and has a weight machine, plus a couple of bikes and treadmills.
Restaurant has a very limited choice of items. Staff does not speak English in the restaurant. I asked for Tabasco/hot sauce on 2 separate occasions and the restaurant did not have it.
Reception staff are great and can speak English. I was having problems getting stamps to mail a couple of postcards. the receptionist took my postcard and mailed it for me.

Room Tip: high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Vinicius_TrypJA, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Jesuino Arruda, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Naemsiddiqi,.
We would like to thank you for choosing TRYP Jesuino Arruda during your last stay in São Paulo and your comments posted on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the Reception service, the room and the surrounding area of the hotel, which really is one of the best points of São Paulo. And we would like to kindly ask you to accept our sincerely apologies for all the inconveniences caused not exceeding your expectations with our Housekeeping and Restaurant service. We will take all the necessary measures to avoid this kind of situation in the future. It is very important for us these comments so we can improve in all the areas to get the best customer care for all our clients. Hoping to see you back at our hotel soon. Best Regards, Vinicius Correa - General Manager

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel is very functional, normal and expected services (room service, bath amenities) but free internet is extremely slow (paid version is faster), doesn´t have wifi on the lobby or restaurant and the TV doesn´t work properly.
Thye food is very good and served on average time (25 mins) to the room.

The repection crew speaks Portuguese and a good English, which is always a good thing (no Spanish though).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Vinicius_TrypJA, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Jesuino Arruda, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear guest,
We would like to thank your comments about your stay with us in Tryp jesuino Arruda. We also like to inform that our internet access is already in studies to provide our customers a better reception and speed.
Hoping to see you in a close future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are good, clean and spacious enough for my needs- there was also a small balcony. The bed is very good with a selection of pillows. Service is mostly friendly, but only receptionists seem to speak english.There's a sauna with jacuzzi, but there was no water in jacuzzi.

The restaurant is not a good one at least for dinner, only one star for that. Fortunately there are excellent restaurants around the corner as well as a grocery.

Room Tip: Good view to Sao Paolo from the higher floors
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kari F
Vinicius_TrypJA, General Manager at TRYP Sao Paulo Jesuino Arruda, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Kari F.,
We are very thankful for your comments, with them we are able to improve our everyday services. Our Jacuzzi is normally empty as a standard, but they are available to every guest as soon as we receive the requesting. Hope to see you soon so you might enjoy our jacuzzi.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm in Sao Paulo to work, when starting working from the hotel room I was surprised by the lack of a 3-point plug for the computer cable. It's been now 4 hours I've been asking the hotel for an adaptor and they don't seem to undesrtand the importance of my request, Without having the plug, my computer will die within 20 minutes and my plans to work from the hotel will be ruined.
I was informed guests usually bring their on plug adaptor, since people that travel, know they should. I've been traveling in average once every 2 months in the past 2 years and this is the first time I see a hotel that is not prepared for the plug differences of their guests.
should I warn them that for the world cup they may need to buy adaptors?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Vinicius_TrypJA, Gerente at TRYP Sao Paulo Jesuino Arruda, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your stay in our hotel, unfortunetely we had a break down in our stock of 3 points adaptors that period, we would like to make sure that, you know, that we are already reparing this matter so next time you will be able to do your work with no further problems in our hotel.
We also take the oportunity to thank you for your comentary that will be taken by our Quality System to be solved as soon as possible.
Hope to see you soon in our hotel.