“Great room” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nairobi
“Great room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is located in a busy cosmopolitan area. Nice coffee shop next door and easy access to transport.
The staff are very helpful and kind. Breakfast was great and with good variety. Restaurant was great and room service excellent.
Got an executive suite that was spacious. The only problem was the noisy minibar fridge which I had to disconnect for my stay. I must say that this is a hotel in serious need of an upgrade. 4 star property with 2-3 star service.
The neighbourhood is great, lots of variety, interesting shops and near the main shopping area Avenue Paulista.
Not a bad business hotel, and I got a good deal. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Koshigatana_1
Jarves R, Gerente geral at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Mr. NYOIKE

I would like to thank you for your interest in writting about your experience, helping us to improve our services at Novotel Jaraguá.

I’ll share your review with our team to encourage them to better serve our guests always and guarantee the success of this hotel.

I would like to apoligize about the noise in your apartment. We understand the impact of this kind of problem in your stay and I'm very sorry about that. We already reforced the importance of a preventive maintenance in this equipament with our team and they are working hard to ensure the perfect operation of this equipment.

If you need further information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Rooms are spacious although smaller than similar hotels. Infrastructure is very good but acoustics are not the best for the rooms.
Unfortunately, when we went for dinner we got told restaurant was closed and food would be served at the bar. Service was horrendous, food took forever to arrive and the wine I got served was oxidated and I still paid R$26 for a glass. I left the place very disappointed.
I believe there are better options in the vicinity.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

For only about $100 we had a junior suite which was a large, modern, comfortable room with a very decent bathroom, well outfitted. The only drawback was that there were no comfortable armchairs, just a couple of simple slingback chairs.

The breakfast buffet is ample and replenished often so there is never a long wait for the more popular items. There is a good selection of fresh fruits, pastries, cold cuts, hot dishes, cereal, yogurt, etc. The cheese slices were moldy, however, something the staff should have noticed.

There is a decent gym on the 9th floor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Ms. Haifasharon

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Although part of the Accor Group, this is not a business Hotel that has their act together. Common ‎areas look like a 4 star hotel, however the rooms are more like a 3 star and I stayed at the most ‎expensive room. The lower categories, fall into the 2-3 star range. This a cheap business Hotel in SP, ‎but there are better options available for this price range.‎

The food options are really good and of decent quality, the breakfast and the restaurant have good ‎variety and classy tasteful dishes, definitely good food.‎

The Internet is fast and runs smoothly without any problems.‎

The room in general, not being stunning or too modern, however, it has all the basic needs of the ‎guests.‎

The mini bar is not refilled automatically, I literally had to beg them to refill the mini bar, I had to call ‎over a span of 2-3 hours, no less than 5 times, begging them to send someone with some water and ‎other missing items in the mini bar. Each time, I was promised they are sending someone up “right ‎away”, only after a few hours and complaining to the manager did it finally happen. The second day ‎there was also no refill, only upon the 3rd day by night, did they do a refill, on their own accord.‎

The phone attendance is horrible, expect a 5-7 minute waiting time, for them to bother and pick up ‎the phone, you have to be very persistent every time you call front desk or room service.‎

Last but not least, I was there one day when they cleaned my room, the terrible BO of the staff, the ‎stench was unbearable. To my bad luck, I had food arrive at the exact same time, I was simply going to ‎vomit. I am afraid to say, I have never come across something like this, they entered the room and the ‎smell, just hit me like a ton of bricks, ghastly!‎

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Mr. hidden 01

I'm really sorry, about the negatives points mentioned, and I can undersand your disappointment, but I'm very glad to have the opportunity to improve these points in Novotel Jaraguá.

I would like to take this opportunity of reply to inform you that we are already reforced the standars of Novotel services to the outsource enterprise that is responsable for the mini bar. And, I'm personally creating and taking care of a new mini bar control to improve this service and ensure that eventualities like this never happen again.

About the phone attendance service, I’ll share your review with the front desk manager to understand the situation and study some way to reduce the impact of the problem in our guests.

At last, I'm trully sorry about your last dissatisfaction but I can assure to you that I’ll personally talk with the responsables of this department to ensure that this kind of thing never happen again in Novotel Jaraguá.

Best regards.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Based less than a five minute walk from Republica, this hotel is ideally located and was a brilliant base for a few days sightseeing. Check-in was seamless and the hotel room was lovely - based on the 23rd floor allowed for a great view over Sao Paulo - and was very welcoming, clean and comfortable. The shower, too, was excellent and our whole stay here was very enjoyable. There's a wide range on offer at breakfast and the quality was very good. The hotel bar is reasonably priced and I'd happily recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steven N
Lucila M, Gerente at Hotel Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua Convention, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear S_neil