“Look elsewhere”

Ranked #46 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo, SP
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is for an "executive" room. Rooms are what you would expect for a Sheraton. Service is, alas, even worse than you expect for Brazil. I asked for an executive room with a king sized bed, as I am taller than a normal bed. Once here they do not seem to care that this is unavailable, and go so far as to tell me that I did not make such a request. Iris nit about the customer here, but whatever is easier for the staff to tell you.

Very expensive, over USD450 per night, and they can not even respect a reservation.
Not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Even when negative, your comments are beyond valuable as we read and learn from every one of them.

I am sorry you have not experienced our true level of service while staying with us and please rest assured that you are extremely important to our Hotel, Brand and Company.

My email address is laura.gallo@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com and I would love to have more details about your reservation so I can look into what happened and take action to make sure it does not occur again. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Once again, thank you.

Sheraton São Paulo WTC Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is very well located, and that's probably why it is so expensive. It is not worth what it costs. The pool is not great, the gym is a joke. The room was very good and big. The restaurant is ok, but instead of eating there, just take the 100 yard walk and go to the eating area of the D&D shopping and you will find LOTS of food and eating options at much better options.
So if you need a place to sleep close to the World Trade Center in SP, it is a good option, but besides a business trip I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you join their program, you will get a room in the higher floors (10 and above, I believe).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review!

Our staff is glad to learn that you had a positive experience while staying with us!

Location is the key to every business and we are blessed with that advantaged. Located inside of the World Trade Center Sao Paulo, our Hotel has a lot of good restaurants and bars inside of the building, just like you said.

Our Sheraton Fitness is free of charge and counts with the online program developed by the professionals from Core Perfomance that allows travellers to maintain a exercise plan even when they are away from home. When combined with the Color your Plate option, you can stay healthy and fit all the time.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Sheraton São Paulo and we look forward to your next visit!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I know and normally use the Sheraton outside Brazil, and always had a very good experience in the chain, but if I am using the restaurants of the Sheraton at Rio in their two locations, Vidigal and Barra and had very good experience with the food and the service it is the first time I had used the Sheraton in Brasil for lodging, restaurant, room service and a reception.
And I was surprised that the quality was outstanding in all the items I had used in the Hotel.
Keep going this way and I will be regular customer in all the Sheraton locations in Brazil.

Room Tip: Really I left to my travel agency the details, and I was surprised by the place and the view to the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Jorge,

How nice it is to see you had a great experience while staying with us!

Starwood Hotels and Resorts has its foundation on customer service and all we want is for you to leave our properties with a smile on your face. Whether you are just having a meal in one of our famous restaurants or relaxing by the pool, our heart will be on providing you with the highest quality of service!

We hope to see you again many times to come and that you keep enjoying that beautiful city called Rio de Janeiro.

Thank you for your review and for staying with us!
It was a true honor being your Hotel in São Paulo.

Regards,

Quality Manager
Stittsville, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is the first of two reviews, as I've stayed here twice in different rooms. This focuses on a Club-Level room experience, over a period of 11 days.

I'd previously stayed on Paulista Avenue on business trips, but a change in office location for Oracle resulted in my trying to find new accommodations in the Brooklin Novo district. Although a few of the reviews worried me a little regarding the noise issues, I decided to book it for the first 5 days, due to a block for a conference the following week.

The hotel was an easy trip from GRU, and I felt very welcome when I arrived midday from a red-eye flight, and was immediately given a room. The room I was given was on the 2nd floor, for which I was worried about the noise, but exhausted enough I didn't want to wait to ask for a transfer. FYI, floor 2 is one of the Club Level rooms, with 3-5 above it being part of the Design Levels.

Room

I ended up in room 201, right next to the non-guest elevator, but despite that I never once heard any noise from the elevator or even the hallway. I believe part of that was due to the shape of the x01 rooms - the beds end up being at a right angle when you enter the room, preventing noise from being heard from the hallway at night. The room itself had two double beds, and was unbelievably spacious!

Additionally, it had a desk slightly outside the sleeping area, which I think was a great idea to help establish a work/sleep separation. The only issue I had was the shower - the head was non-adjustable, so as soon as you turned it on it would splash you before you could close the door, and spray onto the floor outside.

Noise

Room 201 faces the front of the hotel, not the pool, so I didn't have any issues with noise from pool-deck parties, although I certainly heard it from the hallway. I did have significant bass issues from when Club A - directly below the room - was open, which ended up being for 5 of the nights I was there. Nothing too major, but enough that I could understand how someone who can't adjust to white noise would have sleep problems.

Pool Deck / Gym

As mentioned in an earlier review, there is only sun on the pool deck for a period of about 3-4 hours, before it goes behind a building, so make sure you take advantage of it in the late morning! The beds are at a great angle though, and the staff take good care of towels and the chairs - no complaints on my side.

My biggest issue was "pool deck events". On Saturday afternoons the pool deck would be closed down at 1pm, when Club A opened for the afternoon and evening - so much for a hotel pool/patio! Don't even think about being able to stay out there when it's a high-end party coming in, security will bounce you out.

Additionally, the main way into the pool was from the same level Club A was on - exactly as the sign in the elevator said. A few times I walked out in gym clothes only to have a bouncer tell me that I couldn't go in (in Portuguese, which is fair enough as this is Brazil!), and had to go up to the conference level. If you do have an event on the C level, please post signs in the elevator so guests know to get off at a different floor! Regardless, you still need to walk out through a party to get to the gym.

Additionally, the gym looks out onto the pool deck, which is nice during the day, but at night you'll be running on the treadmill with guests in expensive suits and dresses staring at you from the other side of the window. Not a great way to stay enthusiastic about working out, especially when you're running off some extra pounds! At night, the spotlights inside the gym make you a virtual show for everyone.

The gym itself wasn't bad, except for the treadmills, some of which don't have working touch screens, iPod connectors, or USB ports. Only one seemed to work mostly well - by the corner window. The annoying part for me was that often the washroom door was locked (not with someone inside), so if you needed the bathroom you'd have to walk back out through the pool deck and into the conference area to use the washrooms there. Other than that, a wide range of machines to use!

D&D / Food

Wanting something as simple as a snack I ended up walking down to the gas station on the corner - D&D was pretty well all designer shops, so Shopping Morumbi was my main destination for water and supplies. The basement had an abundant choice of restaurants though, and room service was always very fast, and delicious - highly priced, but pretty average for a hotel.

Breakfast at the Club Level or Badebec was quite good - always fresh fruit, eggs, bread, and some sugary snacks as well. Always enjoyed it, but ended up spending most of my time at the Badebec for breakfast due to crowding in the lounge.

Always friendly staff - some of whom I had very pleasant conversations with - which is a big plus for Sheraton WTC. The only staff I encountered that were less than pleasant were the Club A employees - surly and rude at times, although I understand they're not part of Starwood themselves.

I couldn't extend my trip online due to a conference occurring mid-week, and had originally planned to switch hotels after the first 5 nights. However after a quick trip to the front desk, the next day they were able to locate space for me to stay, and I happily added another 5 nights - without having to change rooms. Note that this was part of the SPG Platinum guarantee, but I've had other SPG properties refuse to acknowledge that benefit, but Sheraton WTC was more accommodating than I'd hoped.

Transportation

Being further from GRU than last time, I wasn't prepared for my trip to the airport at the end of the day. I left the hotel at 5:30pm, and arrived at GRU at 8:30pm - although please note this is standard Sao Paulo traffic! Nothing to due with Sheraton WTC, but I just wanted to note the distance from GRU when your everyday Sao Paulo traffic starts should be taken into consideration.

All in all, a wonderful stay, and the reason I rebooked this hotel for my next trip in a Designer Suite.

Room Tip: - Choose a front-facing room to avoid the pool - nighttime parties bring loud bass! - The higher th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Jeff,

The entire staff of the Sheraton São Paulo WTC Hotel is honored.

Honored that you took the time to right this beautiful and complete review of our property.
Honored that you described our services in a way that nothing more is needed to imagine different locations and feel exactly what you felt while staying with us.
Honored that you chose our Hotel as your home away from home and gave us the opportunity to host you and show you a little bit of the so famous brazilian hospitality.

Every single one of our team members will read your review and use it as inspiration.
Inspiration to take action, to fix what needs to be fixed, to always go that extra mile and to feel proud about the service we are providing.

Believe you me when I say that you have made the difference for Sheraton São Paulo WTC Hotel and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is in a good central location, staff are very attentive and helpful. the pool is nice but kind of an odd location, it has been squeezed in between towers so sun is only there for a short time and you have to walk through a meeting area in your pool attire which felt awkward. It is attached to a great design and decor. Rooms are very nice, comfortable clean design

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear leapn,

We are honored that you reserved some time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.

As you know, guest's reviews are beyond important to hospitality, specially here at the Sheraton São Paulo, where your comments are taken very seriosly by every member of our staff!

We would like to thank you for your words and for staying with us! The Sheraton family is here only to provide you a fantastic experience and we are happy to have accomplished that.

As for the access to the Sheraton Fitness, you made a really good point and your comment has been forwarded to the Operations Directior so we can develop an easy and faster way to get to the exercise room.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and if there is anything we can assist you with, just let us know.

Once again, thank you.

qualidade@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com
barcelona
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the idea accomodation when having a meeting at the WTC. Hotel is situated in the middle of a shopping mall. Very professional and fast check-in. Safety use of the elevator with the room card. Spacious rooms with plenty of amenities in the bathroom. Large shower with warm water almost immediatley. Double bed very comfortable. Hugh flatscreeen TV. Breakfast ok, but not overwhelming. Excellent omelettes, but it may take time to get ordered food served. Make sure the waiter has understood your order! (their English is not perfect) Free internet access for ONE item.There is a SPA and outdoor pool, butI did not use it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front, particularly on a weekend. There is a very famous disco facing the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton-WTC, Manager at Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Mbernal,

Thank you so much for such a complete and positive review of our Hotel.

As part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, we adhere to a group of core values which gives us the foundation we need to always go the extra mile and assure every one who stays with us the most perfect experience.

We appreciate all your comments and we are starting a english program for our Food and Beverage associates. All thinking of better service, focused on your satisfaction.

Once againg, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!

qualidade@sheratonsaopaulowtc.com
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed May 2, 2013

After spending a lot of time at this hotel, I can attest the quality of the staff, careful with every detail of my stays. Good breakfast both at the lobby restaurant and at club level. If you need to diversify your meals a bit, there are some good options at the design/decoration mall right next to the hotel (in fact, you can take the elevator or internal escalators to this shopping area), along with a couple of other options in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra (or use your SPG elite status) and stay at one of the "design" floors.
Dear Edu!

What a great review!
We truly appreciate the time you reserved to share such nice notes about our Hotel, service and rooms!

The Design level has the intent of providing a new experience to the business travelers and we are happy to know you have enjoyed!

On the behalf of the entire staff and managers, thank you.
We are all waiting to see you again soon!

Best regards,