“Reliable 5-star business hotel near Morumbi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo

Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
Ranked #5 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
New York City, New York
“Reliable 5-star business hotel near Morumbi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I chose this hotel based on reviews I read on Trip Advisor after finding my usual choice (the Emiliano) fully booked. I was not disappointed. While the larger format hotel is not one I usually particularly care for in Brazil, it worked very well here.

Check-in was efficient and pleasant - the lobby is spacious and has a great feel to it so the overall experience was good. I did have to wait for about 6 minutes to get into t he elevator because for some reason 2 out of 4 were stuck on a floor, but once I made it onto my floor,I was very happy with the with my room and the view. The bathroom and toiletries were very good although the sliding door that separated it from the room could have been better installed (it came off the rails as it were).The restaurant is great for breakfast - one of the best in fact of the ones I've tried in the region.

I did not get a chance to try any of the other facilities but as a business hotel this scored top marks.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel with us and other TripAdvisor travelers. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our excellent service, breakfast and in-room amenities. The items that you found in your room were designed to complete the experience of feeling more than welcome when staying with us. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you once again to Grand Hyatt São Paulo very soon.

Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I loved this hotel. The price was steep but the service we had was very nice. The bed was super comfy and the rooms are nicely decorated. The pool area is very nice and a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon around sunset as we did. The view of the city was amazing and the ambiance was incredible. The two ladies behind the desk were more than helpful, very friendly and nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Elissa,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your last stay. We are very happy to read that our accommodations, staff, pool area and the view from Estaiada Bridge, one of the main city landscapes, were memorable to your stay. Your comments makes us proud to offer a true hospitality service and create special moments such as that afternoon by the pool. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Best Hotel`s breakfast in São Paulo. Good restaurants and large and comfortable rooms! As an airline pilot who knows several hotel I reccomend the Hyatt Hotel without any doubt. Swiming pool is amazing where you can ask a good "caipirinha".

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Thank Denizart Cordei... S
Dear Denizart,
Thank you for your review and kind comments. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the fact that you considered us to have the best hotel breakfast in São Paulo definitely makes us even prouder! I was delighted to read that you had such a great impression regarding our accommodations, restaurants and pool bar. I look forward to welcoming you again soon on your next trip to Brazil.

Thierry Guillot - General Manager
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

10 out of 10 on all points. I have stayed at this hotel three times and every time it's been flawless service. sdlkfjhsdlgjhsfjkghfdlkjghfdaljghfdjlkghfskljhgÖSHGKLJSAKJDFSGKLJSFHFKJLSDLKJSFAJGAKFHKJFSDHGJKFSD

1 Thank Staffan J
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your review. Your kind words strengthen our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to offering sophisticated accommodations for business, relaxation and leisure in the city. Since you have mentioned your loyalty to Hyatt and to our hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to present our loyalty program, Hyatt Gold Passport™, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We are at your disposal for future needs in São Paulo and hope to welcome you and your family very soon.
Glenbrook, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been in São Paulo several days for the last three weeks. I stayed in the Hilton the first two and the Hyatt this week.

Stay at the Hyatt if..........
You like great lobbies. The Hilton looks like they had to make the lobby work rather than designing it. The lobby is small and you have to walk around the check in desk to get to the elevators

You like a bath to relax. The Hyatt has great soaking tubs. The Hilton has some rooms with only showers and others with tubs but the tubs are smaller.

You want to use the spa. The Hyatt has a nice spa that looks like a spa. The Hilton uses an upper floor that has no spa feel.

Stay at the Hilton if........
You are a gym rat. The Hilton has outsourced their gym to a Health Club company. They admit locals who create more of a gym vibe. Nothing worse than working out all by yourself at 7:00. The Hilton is full but I never had to wait on a machine. Unless you are a high rated member, you'll pay 10 real a day but it's well worth the $4.50.

If you eat in the hotel at night. Canvas Resturant is far superior to the lobby Resturant in the Hyatt (see below). Additionally the Hilton sits atop an underground mall so you can walk there in a completely safe environment and visit the meat restaurants Brazil is famous for.

If you work in your room during the day. The Hyatt has an adequate desk like a normal hotel room. The Hilton has a desk about six feet long. While you look past your bed, you still get a view of outside which is nice. In the Hyatt your back is to the window.

Now my gripe. If you look at all my reviews, you'll see that I am overwhelmingly positive. I travel over 100 nights a year and if you let stuff get to you, you'll be a miserable person. But here goes.... They really need to change the lobby Resturant. It's designed as a Brazilian Comfort Food. Fair enough but I chose it because it was 6:00 pm, I needed to eat to get back to work, I didn't want room service, and it was the only Resturant open. My experience started when I entered. At 6:00 pm, nobody is eating in Brazil. When I entered only one other table was occupied by two business people having a coffee. The hostess wanted me to sit at the table right next two them which is about 8" away. I asked to sit somewhere else and she said she couldn't because all the other tables were for bigger groups. I know it's not good to sit 1 person at a table for 4 but at 6:00 pm, how about a dose of "the customer is always right". Needless to say, when I left at 7:00 pm, the Resturant was completely empty as both of the tables had left. So I got to listen to two salesmen talk sales strategy throughout my dinner. Next is the menu. I applaud hotels bringing local cuisine to their business travelers. Often business people don't know where to go and too often have a burger from room service. BUT make it an option. The menu has no green salads, and very few things you've ever had before. A local page is nice, nothing your comfortable you will eat isn't. The kitchen must be the same for room service so why not include the items. Lastly the service was very slow. They really need to beef up training. When I finished my main course, the waiter took my dish and left. After 5 minutes I started looking for him. There was not a single employee on the floor. After about 10 minutes somebody came out of the kitchen who I flagged down for a dessert menu. Again, they all left. When I finally found them again I ordered coffee and dessert. His training had taught him to ask if I wanted them together or one before the other. I liked this as every culture is different. But I'm not sure why he asked. I asked for them together. He then preceded to bring the dessert and then started making the coffee. By the time I got it, I was through as I ordered a hot dessert and wanted to eat it while it was hot. Had he not asked, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. But if you ask, deliver.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank B Keith B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us and other TripAdvisor travelers such a detailed experience of your stay with us. We were happy to read that our architecture, accommodations and spa were a memorable part of your stay. I would also like to thank you for your constructive comments regarding our service at C-Cultura Caseira restaurant. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. Please rest assured that constant training are applied and will be reinforced in order to maintain our excelence in service in all areas in our hotel. Relating to the menu´s issues, please allow me to clarify that the in room dining menu is also avaliable at the C-Cultura Caseira restaurant so all of our guests have the option to choose between International or Brazilian cuisine. We hope to have the chance of welcoming again so that we can repair this bad impression you had.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Frequest business traveler to SP but first time staying in this part of the city (typically stay in Jardim area - Renaissance/Interncontinental). Given office relocation, the Grand Hyatt was recommended. Very nice hotel - staff was very accommodating and pleasant. Room was large, clean and well appointed. Beautiful bathroom with separate sink area and nice amenities. I really appreciated the top quality hair dryer and flat iron (I have never seen this in another hotel). Returned from hectic race out the door upon arrival to find everything put in order and hung, straightened, etc. Room service was very prompt and food was good. Nice selection of food with separate selection for light fare. Very quiet - despite being busy, i did not hear neighbors or doors slamming in hall. My only reservation relates to traffic around the hotel - although i believe this applies to anywhere in SP these days! Definitely recommend - particularly if you are staying in this area of the city.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the river/bridge. Nice view
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding our property. Your comments were received with great satisfaction, as it confirms our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day. As São Paulo experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours, the journey to other locations can actually feel much longer at these times. Our Concierge team is always happy to offer city traffic advice to our guests. I hope to welcome you again very soon.
Ft. Lauderdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is in a great location for business travelers and their staff is very professional, helpful and courteous. Today most businesses have operations in the general area where the Grand Hyatt is located and with today's traffic problems in São Paulo proximity to business meetings is essential to consider.

Dear Manuel,
Thank you for sharing with us and other TripAdvisor travellers your review. I am happy to read that our team and location were memorable to your stay. Regarding your comments, please let me complement that our Concierge team is always happy to offer city traffic advice to our guests. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you try our restaurants, as I am sure that they will be able to perfectly complement your next stay in Brazil. We hope to welcome you back soon to São Paulo.